Cannabis Rezination

About Last Night!

Spread this 420 :love: and people Love ya

Hi @Maritimer

I've been on the fence for trying a drought on one of my plants. And it's time to get off the fence.

I've got 3 autos going, the grow medium is 100% hydroton, in 10 gallon buckets.
I'm willing to try turning the feed off on one of the plants- I think I'll let more the experienced growers pick which one will work best.

I'm nowhere near as good at the trigonometry for the leaf angles, but I'm willing to take daily photos of the plant to show the process.

I can't promise the bravery to take it to the end like Shed did- but I've followed enough to want to try it, and most likely repeat it in the future.

And I think my system might be an ideal candidate for a hydro drought.

Right now I'm at around 37(?) of flower.

Any thoughts?
I wish to join your journal or invite you to post pictures here please. i will be good. :love:

Thanks Maritimer! (And Shed for dropping the link!!)

Tell you what, you what- you can be the one who picks the plant. Each has there ups and downs. The White Berry Auto currently is in the best health (and biggest).
The Bruce Banner Auto second and the Somango Auto 3rd health wise.

The Somango, however is starting to really frost up, and get chunky.

The Bruce banner Auto is currently the one with the most trichomes, and the smallest.

I'm willing to turn the feed valve off on which plant you pick, when you think it'd be best. And if it fails- or the plant somehow doesn't make it, no hard feelings.

:Namaste:

Tell you what, you what- you can be the one who picks the plant. Each has there ups and downs. The White Berry Auto currently is in the best health (and biggest).

The Bruce banner Auto is currently the one with the most trichomes, and the smallest.

I'm willing to turn the feed valve off on which plant you pick, when you think it'd be best. And if it fails- or the plant somehow doesn't make it, no hard feelings.
Is this because you are growing in hydroton and will rely on any moisture on the surface to keep the plant alive for a few days? I'm not sure I understand how a hydro plant can be droughted. Won't the roots get crispy pretty quickly in the open air that long?

Is this because you are growing in hydroton and will rely on any moisture on the surface to keep the plant alive for a few days? I'm not sure I understand how a hydro plant can be droughted. Won't the roots get crispy pretty quickly in the open air that long?
There is not much in the way of open air. There is 2 feet roughly of hydroton in each bucket (it took 100L of hydroton to fill three buckets roughly). I've gone before with the water off for 12 hrs, no noticeable change in the plants.

There will be some residual moisture in the medium, and I have no idea how long before any noticeable change happens.

If you think it's not advisable, then then we can put the brakes on. But I'm curious.

If you think it's not advisable, then then we can put the brakes on. But I'm curious.
Oh heavens don't ask me! I didn't realize how much hydroton you were using...I just knew it wasn't standard hydro. WH already had given up on finding a way to drought in his hydro, so I was wondering how different yours was.

You can pull the plug on your test at any time just by putting the plug back in!

There is not much in the way of open air. There is 2 feet roughly of hydroton in each bucket (it took 100L of hydroton to fill three buckets roughly). I've gone before with the water off for 12 hrs, no noticeable change in the plants.

There will be some residual moisture in the medium, and I have no idea how long before any noticeable change happens.

I think the monitoring of LWA (after establishing turgid values) the application of drought remains viable. Things will move quickly for your first three days or so when I am just going dry. The longer you spend at greater than 50% LWA the greater your rewards. caveat of course with greater rewards comes greater risk. If you can get me pictures every day of the same measurement site I can closely judge your drought progress.

Bravely set your throttles for takeoff power and release the brakes. I got your back :love:

:Namaste:
When I droughted Bruce Banner my records show 10 days. Hardy strain. She has my vote if you press on. :hookah:

When I droughted Bruce Banner my records show 10 days. Hardy strain. She has my vote if you press on. :hookah:
Bruce Banner Auto it is!

I'll be in the tent in the next bit, I'll turn that valve off- or should I wait till closer to harvest? I think I'm probably about 4 weeks away, should hopefully be a Dec harvest.
I think the monitoring of LWA (after establishing turgid values) the application of drought remains viable. Things will move quickly for your first three days or so when I am just going dry. The longer you spend at greater than 50% LWA the greater your rewards. caveat of course with greater rewards comes greater risk. If you can get me pictures every day of the same measurement site I can closely judge your drought progress.

Bravely set your throttles for takeoff power and release the brakes. I got your back :love:
Brakes are off, full steam ahead! With you and Shed at my six, I'm completely up for this.

I'll be doing an update soon, and will announce it in the journal.

I'll take a slew of photos tonight of the Bruce Banner Auto so we can find the best spot/angle for progress updates.

Bruce Banner Auto it is!

I'll be in the tent in the next bit, I'll turn that valve off- or should I wait till closer to harvest? I think I'm probably about 4 weeks away, should hopefully be a Dec harvest.

Brakes are off, full steam ahead! With you and Shed at my six, I'm completely up for this.

I'll take a slew of photos tonight of the Bruce Banner Auto so we can find the best spot/angle for progress updates.
Lets hold off until we get pictures flowing and some measurements. The turgid values must be accurate amap to plot our targets. Your gonna make history with some gently enchanted science my brother. :hookah:

A musician! Well why didn.t you say that from the get go, we can arrange a 420 band. I play the harmonica poorly.

You have got my attention now with talk of this wheelchair gardening of cannabis. If I can help in any way I will, the chair is waiting for my submission. I already have downsized from 5 gallon containers to the kitty litter 3.5 gallon rectangular and my numbers (yield) have been on par. The basement stairs are going to present problems that Mrs Maritimer says will go away if we move down to Tennessee.

Lots of folks in wheelchairs up at my VA hospital that will be interested in any ideas you develop. :love:
Well, I'll bore you another time, but real nutshelly version is this:

A handicapped person in a wheelchair generally can't work the entire tent. Not a 5x5 anyway. We can't get to the middle. I tried a scrog and learned that real fast. The hard way.

So my idea is simply to create plants which grow in as big a soil pot as anyone wishes, and grow plants that will outyield many larger plants, because I am working on the concept of creating a scrog without a scrog, on a plant by plant basis. In short, this means hundreds of stakes and working the entire plant from below, instead of above as in a scrog, and also the plants rotate so you can get to every bit of them. If you feel like it, the first version of this method, which still needs refining, is my current photo grow in my current journal, 3 fives in a 5x5, all different strains, one sativa heavy, one indica heavy, one straight 50/50 hybrid. They're on day 30-something of flower and all three were trained using my method. I can easily reach every bit of every plant. And from soil to the top of the tallest bud these plants are less than or right around 2 1/2 feet tall. Photos. In veg for 70 days.

It's the best and only example I can provide. I'm working on it. I am also working with some folks from here on developing a rotating pot with an individual, built in, scrog screen for one plant that is permanently attached to the pot and would allow you to do an actual scrog on one plant.

Every idea I pursue is to the end of making my life, and other's in my position, easier, and more effective, with high quality weed that comes in big bunches for them.

Bruce Banner Auto it is!

Hulkberry is Bruce Banner x Bruce Banner.....lol

NICE. Psyched to see this.

Well, I'll bore you another time, but real nutshelly version is this:

A handicapped person in a wheelchair generally can't work the entire tent. Not a 5x5 anyway. We can't get to the middle. I tried a scrog and learned that real fast. The hard way.

So my idea is simply to create plants which grow in as big a soil pot as anyone wishes, and grow plants that will outyield many larger plants, because I am working on the concept of creating a scrog without a scrog, on a plant by plant basis. In short, this means hundreds of stakes and working the entire plant from below, instead of above as in a scrog, and also the plants rotate so you can get to every bit of them. If you feel like it, the first version of this method, which still needs refining, is my current photo grow in my current journal, 3 fives in a 5x5, all different strains, one sativa heavy, one indica heavy, one straight 50/50 hybrid. They're on day 30-something of flower and all three were trained using my method. I can easily reach every bit of every plant. And from soil to the top of the tallest bud these plants are less than or right around 2 1/2 feet tall. Photos. In veg for 70 days.

It's the best and only example I can provide. I'm working on it. I am also working with some folks from here on developing a rotating pot with an individual, built in, scrog screen for one plant that is permanently attached to the pot and would allow you to do an actual scrog on one plant.

Every idea I pursue is to the end of making my life, and other's in my position, easier, and more effective, with high quality weed that comes in big bunches for them.
The Mother of Invention is Necessity.

Your pretty awesome taking it to the handicap.
I was told sailors have pride going down with the ship.
Marines are taught if our boat sinks, swim over to the enemies ship and take it from them.
Adapt and overcome indeed.
Well done ole boy, well done. :love:

Ahoy 420,
edit delete

Please tell me you guys and gals see the LWA now.
I'm going to seriously disagree with that drawing Maritimer. My 100% dead leaves never showed any change in that angle on the droughted plant. As @FelipeBlu mentioned in my thread:

I think we aren’t talking about the same angle. I am starting to realize that you (Shed) are talking about this angle, right?
9ab53cd9-7a78-4868-a927-5f387308d8e0-jpeg.2426092

I thought we were talking about this angle - from the node to the petiole/leaf connection - as shown in this markup
0c499591-f2dc-46c8-a0a2-c5858e617585-jpeg.2426095

And Caplan describes it in the paper like this:
"The angle between the center of the middle leaflet and the stem from which it originates was measured."

The center of the middle leaflet is where Felipe drew his line in the second pic, and Caplan makes no mention of the petiole at all in terms of measuring. He's generally pretty specific with his language in that paper.

I believe that my plant would have done better in the end and continued to bulk up had I measured as Caplan and Felipe described it rather than following your drawing. That angle was much too woody on my plants to show any change with drought.

I'm going to seriously disagree with that drawing Maritimer. My 100% dead leaves never showed any change in that angle on the droughted plant. As @FelipeBlu mentioned in my thread:

I think we aren’t talking about the same angle. I am starting to realize that you (Shed) are talking about this angle, right?
9ab53cd9-7a78-4868-a927-5f387308d8e0-jpeg.2426092

I thought we were talking about this angle - from the node to the petiole/leaf connection - as shown in this markup
0c499591-f2dc-46c8-a0a2-c5858e617585-jpeg.2426095

And Caplan describes it in the paper like this:
"The angle between the center of the middle leaflet and the stem from which it originates was measured."

The center of the middle leaflet is where Felipe drew his line in the second pic, and Caplan makes no mention of the petiole at all in terms of measuring. He's generally pretty specific with his language in that paper.

I believe that my plant would have done better in the end and continued to bulk up had I measured as Caplan and Felipe described it rather than following your drawing. That angle was much too woody on my plants to show any change with drought.
I agree whole heartly. The drawing I put up is wrong. The lower photo is correct. I am so sorry I drew that wrong and later realized it but I failed to edit out the mistake. Thanks for putting up a great picture showing how to measure LWA.

Keep me straight bro

Ahoy 420,
I am recalling a conversation about LED lighting and "cotton topping" I had with the engineer who designed my lights from CM. My bars have a recommended flower canopy to light separation of 30 inches. These are designed for industrial size gardens and the lights hang neatly 30 inches above the plants. Running closer gaps often results in cotton topping (bleaching) that is resolved by adding nutrients. From recent pics of the Northern Stankberry you can see I have colas as close as 12 inches. The girls are fed according to MC recs. plus ~25%. Additionally the chow is amended with cal/mag and potassium silicate. Thats it. No bloom nutes, no tricks. The source of illumination has to be balanced with the rations of nutrients we deliver.

So ifin your running led and ya notice bleaching, bump up the food. I have to be real careful talking lights as mine are not from a approved vendor. Teddy will zap me again with his editorial privileges and I prefer not pissing off my host.

Ahoy @InTheShed,
What program are you using to draw lines and add text to your pics. I have windows 11 and cant do much of nothing. I just today figured out how to select two pictures then compare them side by side and save that as new combined pic. just today... lame duck i can be

Back
Top Bottom