Cannabis Rezination

I love them too, but the nitrates are a migraine trigger for me. :(
Ahoy Shed,
You a migraine sufferer? I have a loved one who is crippled by them for almost 30 years now. She is also addicted to opiates and alcohol. I cannot reach her as hard as I have tried. Now with a end stage liver disease I am relegated to driving her to Chicago once a week to drain the nasty off her guts. The sadness of her end of life journey at such a young age. Breaks my heart.

We hit the wild crew of Thai clones with 100 ppm meja at week 5 beginning based in part on what Missy said. Plan to hit them again with 150 ppm at the begin of week 6 like normal and force the drought at week 7.
Bang them drums.

You a migraine sufferer? I have a loved one who is crippled by them for almost 30 years now. She is also addicted to opiates and alcohol. I cannot reach her as hard as I have tried. Now with a end stage liver disease I am relegated to driving her to Chicago once a week to drain the nasty off her guts. The sadness of her end of life journey at such a young age. Breaks my heart.
What an awful ending to a difficult story. You have been and still are doing your best for her, and from all I know about you, that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Lovely plants Maritimer! Well, I see I've been off the grid for some time. I've not had much to report. I have been researching and thinking about the interplay of hormones and therapies. I can report that the MDJ did seem to have some response on the Blueberry girls. I harvested the two on Friday and they are much stickier than my previous grow of them. I can also report that their neighbor Ms. Wedding Cake is much more resinous than I was expecting her to be. Research tells me that the MeJa (and apparently the inferior MDJ) treated plant may send a signal to neighboring plants that the signaling plant is under attack. The neighboring plant, in my case a Wedding Cake, also put on more resin, perhaps in an attempt to fend off an anticipated pest attack. I can also report that I have received a lovely gift of MeJa from a friend :love: and can now run a proper experiment. :yahoo:

Ahoy there,
I have to run to town today and cannot find a way around it, but I hope to put up some pictures of the Thai clones that were treated with meja beginning of their 5th week of flower. That is one week earlier than normal and we might hit them again when they start week 6. The caveat being of course to maximize rezination without lowering total yields.

Anyhow, my worries about interrupting the bloom early center on the GRN. When the JA pathways have been agitated (by the foliar treatment) the GRN will divert energy and resources to combat the attack away from normal reproductive responsibilities. The normal flower making mojo of hormonal balance (homeostasis) when interrupted will ultimately result in signals being sent out to stop blooming as the plant defends itself. We try to find the middle ground.

Later

Anyhow, my worries about interrupting the bloom early center on the GRN. When the JA pathways have been agitated (by the foliar treatment) the GRN will divert energy and resources to combat the attack away from normal reproductive responsibilities. The normal flower making mojo of hormonal balance (homeostasis) when interrupted will ultimately result in signals being sent out to stop blooming as the plant defends itself. We try to find the middle ground.
Can you put this in layman's terms? Are you spraying with MeJa earlier than you had been to see if that will have an even larger effect on resin production by harvest?

Can you put this in layman's terms? Are you spraying with MeJa earlier than you had been to see if that will have an even larger effect on resin production by harvest?
The quick answers would be yes and yes.

The larger goal here is too accomplish the enhanced oil production of rezination (meja + drought) without actually subjecting the plant to a drought. I believe with the combined use of ABA and MeJA we can stimulate the same amount of rosin/gram production.

We would introduce ABA into the rootzone at steadily increasing concentrations. This would happen in an actual drought as the GRN directs the synthesis of ABA that corresponds linearly to the duration of the drought. The ABA will in turn signal the JA pathways that water is scarce and direct the enhanced production of essential oils. As the levels of ABA rise we introduce meja onto the leaves and the GRN goes hog shit crazy making oil without really being thirsty.

That's the scoop.
Just got to get our hands on some quality powder (ABA). :hookah:

Maritimer, lovely plants!

My hypothesis (about the reduced yield possibility) is that the MeJa treated plants divert almost all the energy to terpene and oil production and use up all their resources, especially sulfur and potassium, on the oil production. So, I'm thinking we need to increase the sulfur and potassium (maybe via foliar spray?) to counter-balance the hormone drive. My thinking is that sulfur is a vital component to terpene/trichome production. Sulfur is needed for thiol production and thiols appear to be a pre-curser to terpene/trichome production... at least of the skunky terpenes. Reports I've read keep saying that the MeJa interferes with production of some terpenes and my thought is that it is really a sulfur deficiency that prevents the plant from producing those particular skunky terpenes. And then, potassium is also essential to oil/terpene production and, again, I think it gets used up by the MeJa hormone drive. So, I've written down to foliar feed with Potassium Sulfate to act as an additional nutritional boost.

In other news, reports indicate that MeJa sprayed in veg enhances tuber and root growth in potatoes. I've not found any reports/articles about MeJa applied to Cannabis roots but there are reports for potato tubers benefiting from MeJa treatment in veg. I'm guessing we may get more developed roots in our MeJa treated veg plants.

The MeJa treated plants also seem to send a pheromone signal to neighboring plants that the treated plant is under attack and that the neighboring plants should be forwarned. The neighboring plants will then naturally increase their MeJa production to increase terpene/oil production and fend off an incoming attack.

There is a tomato report that MeJa treated tomatoes increased trichome density 60% and significantly increased terpenes/flavonoids and also reduced pest attack (increased pest resistance?) by 50%.

I'm working on a more thorough summary of interactions and possible deficiencies to counter-act and hope to post that in the next week.

Do you have any gibberilic acid? That's the one that when applied in conjunction with the MeJa will reduce yields, per the scientific journals, but will also produce the best flavor / densest trichome production. I've not gotten around to thinking about how to counter the loss of yield with the gibberilic acid addition so that is just food for thought at the moment.

Do you have any gibberilic acid? That's the one that when applied in conjunction with the MeJa will reduce yields, per the scientific journals, but will also produce the best flavor / densest trichome production. I've not gotten around to thinking about how to counter the loss of yield with the gibberilic acid addition so that is just food for thought at the moment.
Great info, thanks Missy! I have used GA3 in reversal attempts to get female pollen, and it seems to require very specific ppm numbers to get results. At the numbers I was using it induced female plants to produce pollen sacs, and at higher numbers can apparently make male plants female!

it also can produce stretch beyond which the plant can keep up with nutrient pathways at the highest points.

Just something to be aware of when adding GA3 to the mix.

Edit

Great info, thanks Missy! I have used GA3 in reversal attempts to get female pollen, and it seems to require very specific ppm numbers to get results. At the numbers I was using it induced female plants to produce pollen sacs, and at higher numbers can apparently make male plants female!

it also can produce stretch beyond which the plant can keep up with nutrient pathways at the highest points.

Just something to be aware of when adding GA3 to the mix.
I didn't know about the GA3 interfering with the plant sex! That's so interesting!!!! GA3 is the compound (?) thingy that increases node spacing. I saw a Runtz plant growing the other day and the stretch between those nodes was 8" at LEAST!!!! All I could think of was how much GA3 is running through that strain. LOL.

Additional note on spraying anything with Sulfur in it is that we can't spray Sulfur and any oily product within 30 days of each other. Sulfur and oily products sprayed on a plant within 30 days of each other will most likely have an adverse reaction causing a phytotoxic response on the plant quite possibly killing the plant.

Back
Top Bottom