Cannabis Rezination

Maritimer,

I am absolutely fascinated by your work here! Amazing stuff! I have learned a LOT from this thread. Thanks to you and any others contributing!

Rock on bro!
Ahoy Grateful Bud,
Your kind words are just what the 420 doctor ordered this morning. My old boy pains are assuaged by the encouraging phrase "Rock on bro". Helps me forget how old and achy I really am, LOL.

Thank you.

Ahoy there 420,
The farmers almanac is saying we are going to have a lot of snow, and it could begin arriving earlier than normal. The American Sycamore tree is one of the very last to give up her ABA coated leaves in the fall. Being more organized than normal, the thought has now occurred to me that it will be cold when I am out foraging AS leaves.

That brings me to a cool part of this story. I fire up my Amazon Lizard and go looking for new long johns. I find them no problem, but I kept going down the page as more and more choices are a click away. Then I find them... The johns i have always dreamed of. Top and bottom, fleece lined, keep the jewels toasty, long johns. Arriving next week.

What will they think of next. :bongrip:

Hey Maritimer, it's always nice to read your posts sharing your insights. I am really sorry to hear about the passing of your sister. I hope you can bring her energy and presence into your gardening while you tinker with your plants to help with her loss.

I feel I can 100% completely vouch for your research on drought stress. One of the first plants I grew from bag seed, that I grew in potting mix (not even real soil) in a small ceramic pot that got absolutely wilted daily from the sun (not just 10 days but every hot day over summer), and I only ever gave her 1 liquid feed of tomato nutrients in her life. She gave me not even a 2oz yield, but she produced still the best most potent buds I have ever grown, even though I've grown named strains since then. But all subsequent grows have been in bigger pots (that hold moisture better) and I have generally watered my plants so they look good (i.e. not wilting). But I am inclined again to return to my initial inexperience and follow your trailblazing work, and will look to give my next grow the drought treatment because I want the heavy sticky resinated buds again. The sugar leaves on that plant appeared like they'd been given several coats of varnish, extremely sticky and almost stiff/hard with what seemed to be a baked on layer of sticky goodness. The bag of weed that the seed originally came from was certainly not sticky and it never had that same quality of stiff 'varnished' sugar leaves that the drought stressed daughter produced.

You've mentioned before Maritimer that the folk you help with your weed medicine, that your plants don't look the most lush but they are the first choice of all who try it, yep I'd believe that. Keep well!
I have always ran with the thought that my plants need to look as perfect as possible at all times to produce the best product. Man do I need to do some research and continue to follow this experience. I'm beeming with curiosity. I apologize for barging in here at what seems to be the most inappropriate time, but thank you for letting me go through this journey. Prayers with you and your family, I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your sister. I myself only have one sibling and it's my sister. The thought of losing her is not one I like to consider. My sincerest condolences and what amazing stuff you have and information you provide! Thank you @Maritimer

I have always ran with the thought that my plants need to look as perfect as possible at all times to produce the best product.
Ahoy @Krissi1982 ,
Aye we all had the same notions, but just like in us people, beauty is only skin deep. I agree up until late bloom the cultivars should be maintained and look as if they had been. But during and after the drought it becomes unreasonable to expect any success entering them in a beauty pageant. However, entering your final product after drought in a stoner contest is a different story. You can walk away a winner from that contest. What's more important?

I am in this to fight pain.

Ahoy @Krissi1982 ,
Aye we all had the same notions, but just like in us people, beauty is only skin deep. I agree up until late bloom the cultivars should be maintained and look as if they had been. But during and after the drought it becomes unreasonable to expect any success entering them in a beauty pageant. However, entering your final product after drought in a stoner contest is a different story. You can walk away a winner from that contest. What's more important?

I am in this to fight pain.
Aloha. Thank you for your response, I feel privileged. I grow for the beauty of it but I grow for my own medicinal needs on the emotional and mental spectrum. I've been handed down prescription after prescription over the years and they always made me feel worse.

Weed has been my saving grace so to speak, as I refuse to be on any kind of anti this or that medication.

Naturally, I'm a gardener and I love to see the beauty of the grow; I however, have never been one to fall for the facades. Some of my best harvests have come from plants that have been through it and it shows in their appearance.

Like you said, beauty is only skin deep. Some of the most beautiful people I know have the most scars. Salute.

Hey @Maritimer

I've still been following along silently since page 1. I have to say, I'm impressed. The approach from a scientific perspective, the controlled studying of effects, to the incredible kindness in the thread speaks of just how incredible this place is :green_heart: .

Thank you for taking us down this path.

"It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that assures the prosperous voyage."

- George William Curtis, Writer

Hey @Maritimer

I've still been following along silently since page 1. I have to say, I'm impressed. The approach from a scientific perspective, the controlled studying of effects, to the incredible kindness in the thread speaks of just how incredible this place is :green_heart: .

"It is not the ship so much as the skillful sailing that assures the prosperous voyage."

Perfect quote Rex

Aloha. I grow for the beauty of it but I grow for my own medicinal needs on the emotional and mental spectrum. I've been handed down prescription after prescription over the years and they always made me feel worse.
Weed has been my saving grace so to speak, as I refuse to be on any kind of anti this or that medication.
@Krissi1982,
All saving grace comes from our creator. The gift of cannabis to mankind is presented in the ECS. Your needs both physical and emotional can be better managed thru that saving grace provided to us thru cannabis.

Thanks for your kind words.

Hey @Maritimer

:love: :420:

Ahoy 420,
At 1400 hours today I am having a virtual training session with the folks from "H-Wave" out of Huntington Beach. Some really fond memories of being a young, single Marine looking for love in HB. Anyhow this machine they make is similar to the Tens units in that it has electrodes. The VA is shelling out the big bucks paying ~$4,000 for the contraption. I think its like a reward for me being such a loud mouthed opponent to opioid therapy in the veteran community. The rep tells me they now have FDA clearance to use this instead of anesthesia when they take out your teeth. Damm!

I will be approaching this with high hopes. Really high :hookah: I will follow up here with how it goes.

Good thing it's virtual or you might have some health effects from the oil spill! :eek:
I can remember looking out at the platforms thinking they will leak someday. Not if, but when. Shame on us.

Ahoy @MissyE ,
I hope you are well. It has been too long since we have talked. Do you have any observations from your studies?

straw hat notes;
I had a notion to discuss some brass with one of our science officers, but at present we will just muse...

The making of a quality brass is quite simple when all is said and done. Getting it to work may be another story. A home made brassinolide steroid that assuredly both educates and amuses me. Every batch I learn more about the tinkering and supporting science. Started making my own back in 2019 so that's the oldest I have cooking. Bunch of different kinds. Grocery store sources include green and purple cabbage, Brown rice, and I am conducting encouraging trials with fresh horseradish roots. But my favorite two come from the tree's.

Willow and American Sycamore Trees are natures pharmacy. I make and use both for extractions as well as simple brass. This is how to make American Sycamore Brass, because for the Willow Brass you need early growth spring leaves. For AS Brass we need harvest the leaves and soft bark in the late fall. AS are one of the last trees to lose foliage. After the AS leaves begin to fall without strong winds, gather a pound of large, mostly intact leaves and attached petioles. Do not rinse unless foliage is somehow contaminated. Stuff clean and sterile mason jars with around 3/4 jar capacity with leaves and petiole. Add quality water or at least what I use is simple RO Water. Seal with sterile lid, mark and date jar. store in cool dark space. bam

use it for all kinds of fun alchemy :love:

Day Six of Drought on the Catwalk. :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom