Cannabis Rezination

I'm glad you dig the recipe, Maritimer!

I think you could- just use more weed when you do the infusion- I do a cup of oil per ounce of weed, but I think an ounce and a half per cup would work just fine, maybe even 2oz. if you use a Magic Butter Machine- you could add the extra weed after the machine grinds up the first bunch o buds...

Here's the recipe, so you don't have to go hunting for it:

So now you've got the oil,and you want to make some gummies...here's how I do it...
You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 1/4 oz.packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water <------ you can substitute your favorite liqueur for the water,or the corn syrup, for a little less "sweetness"
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.

Heat it on medium heat,stirring constantly,till it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil...<--- Important!!

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again,then remove from the heat.

At this point,you're gonna say "this shit aint working-the oil is just floating on top"

So... to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in- this is what you want.
Once all the oil is mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.

Pour the mix into a squirt bottle (put a glove on,it's hot) , fill your gummy molds,and stick them in the freezer.

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-it's easy to end up "too high" if you're not careful.

After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp,but they get a little oily above 78f ,so I keep them in the freezer.

and there ya go!

*Strawberry Banana jello does a real good job of (almost) hiding the cannabis taste.

Added note* My gummy bears weigh 4g. each- 1 bear is a nice mild buzz, good for sleep.
2 bears and you are stoned in a major way.
3 bears and you'll be wishing you'd stopped at 2 bears.. :oops:
Awesome post, @Carcass, and thanks so much for sharing this. Heck, even I couldn't screw this up. Sounds relatively easy! Hey so a cup of oil per ounce of weed (or 1 1/2, or 2, like you said)? Do you have a sense for how many gummies you get out of a cup of oil? Thanks!

You're very welcome, Jon-
To (sort of) answer your question- this is the gummy yield per half cup of oil (one batch of the recipe)
I've only got molds for 48 bears- the overflow goes into the Lego blocks mold, and each lego block is 1.5 bears...so, 48 bears,+ 10 lego blocks, or the equivalent of 15 more bears, so..apx 63 bears per half cup..
or 126 - 4g.bears per cup of oil (apx.)

I've also got pot-leaf molds, which are 2g each, but I don't use them very often.
Bears= apx. 4g
Legos = apx. 6g
Pot Leaves=apx.2g

You're very welcome, Jon-
To (sort of) answer your question- this is the gummy yield per half cup of oil (one batch of the recipe)
I've only got molds for 48 bears- the overflow goes into the Lego blocks mold, and each lego block is 1.5 bears...so, 48 bears,+ 10 lego blocks, or the equivalent of 15 more bears, so..apx 63 bears per half cup..
or 126 - 4g.bears per cup of oil (apx.)

I've also got pot-leaf molds, which are 2g each, but I don't use them very often.
Bears= apx. 4g
Legos = apx. 6g
Pot Leaves=apx.2g
Awesome, thanks. And I guess 'Zon for the molds?

I got the pot-leaf molds from the zon, but the bear and lego molds came from the crafts store.
The bears I make are a little bigger than others I've seen, probably because they're made for "regular" candies, not the "enhanced" version that we make :)

Here's the recipe, so you don't have to go hunting for it:
Great recipe! I caught this last time you posted and have incorporated bits into my process. I use the Instant Pot (appropriately named appliance) to decarb and infuse. Super easy! Although the MB machine looks like the way to go.

1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
Do you mean the larger 6oz package of sugar free? Could you elaborate on that?

Excellent tip to remove from heat and keep stirring until it slightly thickens and the oil mixes with the Jello; the quality of my gummies has improved significantly - Thank You!

A while back I lost a whole batch because it got moldy after a week (I keep it in ziplock baggies in the fridge), so I now add 1/8 tsp potassium sorbate solution (diluted) and have had zero problems since.

I got the pot-leaf molds from the zon, but the bear and lego molds came from the crafts store.
The bears I make are a little bigger than others I've seen, probably because they're made for "regular" candies, not the "enhanced" version that we make :)
Thank you bro!
Your ears should get to ringing every time I hit the VA hospital. The name @Carcass is synonymous with smiles in the hospice ward. A rather cross veteran thinks that is my name and I don't have the courage to correct him.

your gummies should be in every hospice ward. :love:

Thanks for the kind words, GratefulBud!
Do you mean the larger 6oz package of sugar free? Could you elaborate on that?
No, the sugar free is way lighter than the sugared stuff, so a pkg is only .6 oz.( six tenths of an ounce)
although, the box it comes in is bigger than the 3oz. box of regular jello. :hmmmm:
Here, they only sell the one .6 oz. size of sugar free...they do sell the 6 oz boxes of the sugared stuff, but I only buy the 3oz. size.
Excellent tip to remove from heat and keep stirring until it slightly thickens and the oil mixes with the Jello;
A good way to tell if it's cool enough, is to stop stirring for 3 or 4 seconds to see if the oil still floats to the top- if oil "puddles" don't form on top of the mixture, then you're ready to put it in a squirt bottle and fill your molds...this is where you need to hurry a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.
If it cools a little too much, and starts start to set up before you get it into the squirt bottle, you can just heat it up again and give it another try..

The name @Carcass is synonymous with smiles in the hospice ward. A rather cross veteran thinks that is my name and I don't have the courage to correct him.
Thanks, Maritimer, it's nice to know that the recipe is helping make some folks lives a little better!
Good on you for doing what you do to help them- :green_heart:

No, the sugar free is way lighter than the sugared stuff, so a pkg is only .6 oz.( six tenths of an ounce)
although, the box it comes in is bigger than the 3oz. box of regular jello. :hmmmm:
Here, they only sell the one .6 oz. size of sugar free...they do sell the 6 oz boxes of the sugared stuff, but I only buy the 3oz. size.
Thanks for the clarification!

I am not quite sure what to say about the product they sent you. I think this is a synthetic version of meja. The fragrance industry was probably the target sales as they use the stuff. If they can get it to work like meja on cannabis I have no idea. Meja is made from jasmonate, a naturally occurring plant phytohormone. The stuff they sent you is man made. I am not saying this won't work. I have zero experience with it.

I am not quite sure what to say about the product they sent you. I think this is a synthetic version of meja. The fragrance industry was probably the target sales as they use the stuff. If they can get it to work like meja on cannabis I have no idea. Meja is made from jasmonate, a naturally occurring plant phytohormone. The stuff they sent you is man made. I am not saying this won't work. I have zero experience with it.
Well then. It's not what I intended either. Natural organic is the order of the day. I'll try it because it's there but we should find a source of this nectar in it's organic form. I didn't know the difference, good thing you're around!

Well then. It's not what I intended either. Natural organic is the order of the day. I'll try it because it's there but we should find a source of this nectar in it's organic form. I didn't know the difference, good thing you're around!
Hi Stone,
You have absolutely got to run some of your own Stankberry X Northern like you gifted. My four plant record was just smashed by the last crew of the stank jarring 26 Oscars (30 grams is an Oscar) at 62%. Initial BHO pulls are a pale yellow cake with a fruity kind of flavor. Too hard a pull on the Lookah and your dancing and gyrating back in your seat. Your crotch is wet with whatever (hot or cold) you were holding. The trusty nectar collector is probably on the floor when you bother looking for it. just sayin

Give it a go when you can schedule it.
Cheers :love:

Hi Stone,
You have absolutely got to run some of your own Stankberry X Northern like you gifted. My four plant record was just smashed by the last crew of the stank jarring 26 Oscars (30 grams is an Oscar) at 62%. Initial BHO pulls are a pale yellow cake with a fruity kind of flavor. Too hard a pull on the Lookah and your dancing and gyrating back in your seat. Your crotch is wet with whatever (hot or cold) you were holding. The trusty nectar collector is probably on the floor when you bother looking for it. just sayin

Give it a go when you can schedule it.
Cheers :love:
I love that talk Maritimer! I am going to run one next grow! I decided I have enough crosses to fill a tent, and it's time. That's one of the best smoke reports on record brother!

Garden Update;
At this point we will call it luck. I took four cuttings from a Critical Kush donor. Two of the cuttings I injected willow brass directly into the open stem, two I did not. All four sat in Mega Crop filled solo cups with the leaves also getting misted when I remember. Eleven days later the two I injected are living in the one- gallon containers and the two I left alone are dead. Like I said I need to prove repeated cuttings taking after getting the willow brass comparing to those who dont.

The willow brass is from the spring of 2019.

All four sat in Mega Crop filled solo cups
What was in the solo cups besides fertilizer? And why would you give nutes to a cutting with no roots?

If you want to do the test again, I'd like to see it done by putting the stems in individual cups of water or some sort of unfertilized media (coco or ProMix HP/BX) with watered with distilled water.

Single-variable tests are the only ones that can be close to scientific.

What was in the solo cups besides fertilizer? And why would you give nutes to a cutting with no roots?

If you want to do the test again, I'd like to see it done by putting the stems in individual cups of water or some sort of unfertilized media (coco or ProMix HP/BX) with watered with distilled water.

Single-variable tests are the only ones that can be close to scientific.
Hi Shed,
This is another chance for me to explain something and alienate more folks with my know it all language. I will try to not.

The solo cups were filled with Perlite for stability.
The Mega Crop (4 gram dose) is then poured into the perlite.
The reason I feed cuttings is simple.
Long before you can identify roots with your naked eyes and say it is time to plant the cutting, millions and millions of root cells have been gathering along the stem, especially at the wound site. From the moment they are created root cells have only one job, being a root. That said, I give them a shot at some chow.

The only variable was the willow brass. Feeding the cuttings is not variable as it is common in my garden and should be in others.

Keep me straight bro :love:

You figure it stimulated roots on the living? Injected right in huh?
The willow is an amazing tree. It provided Bayer Pharmeceutical the model they copied when they created synthetic Salic Acid (aspirin). I employ the willow brass more for the rooting propensity and used it in this study as a rooting agent. I wanted to use the willow extract but the ester proved too strong for the cuttings.

The willow is an amazing tree. It provided Bayer Pharmeceutical the model they copied when they created synthetic Salic Acid (aspirin). I employ the willow brass more for the rooting propensity and used it in this study as a rooting agent. I wanted to use the willow extract but the ester proved too strong for the cuttings.
Worked for making roots!

Maybe I'll dissolve a bit of aspirin into my perlite water, because it takes forever to root that way for me.
The solo cups were filled with Perlite for stability.
The Mega Crop (4 gram dose) is then poured into the perlite.
The reason I feed cuttings is simple.
Long before you can identify roots with your naked eyes and say it is time to plant the cutting, millions and millions of root cells have been gathering along the stem, especially at the wound site. From the moment they are created root cells have only one job, being a root. That said, I give them a shot at some chow.

The only variable was the willow brass. Feeding the cuttings is not variable as it is common in my garden and should be in others.
Thanks Maritimer! Much better when we get to hear the full description. :)

Back
Top Bottom