Cannabis Shop Manager Audria Jaggers' Cool Job

Ron Strider

Former counselor's favorite part of managing Theorem in Kenmore? Helping people find wellness.

CANNABIS SHOP MANAGER

Audria Jaggers

What do you do?

I am the general manager of Theorem Cannabis, a recreational and medicinal cannabis shop at the top of Lake Washington in Kenmore. I lead a crew of 11 people, and together we are changing people's lives with cannabis. My days at work are filled with amazing connections with customers, crew members and cannabis vendors, all while overseeing the safe and legal sales of cannabis products.

How did you get started in this field?

My background is in mental health counseling and higher education. I moved to Washington in 2014 to pursue a career in counseling, but decided that was not the route for me. I saw how the cannabis industry was burgeoning and wanted to get involved. I saw my move to Washington as an opportunity to be a part of a brand new industry that would let me educate and help all kinds of people. I found a job opening at Theorem, a brand new shop at the time, and took the leap! I have found that my experience as a counselor and educator are the perfect marriage for working in the cannabis industry.

What's a typical day like?

There is no typical day when working in cannabis retail! One full day at work requires me to wear many hats, including that of a manager, cannabis educator, counselor, law enforcer, medical marijuana caregiver and team mentor. Each day encompasses sales and marketing, human resources, community outreach and industry involvement – and that would be an easy day! Working with cannabis is not all fun and games as many would believe; however, it is the most rewarding and fulfilling job I have ever held.

What is your favorite part of your job?

I can't just pick one! A few of my favorite parts are the connections I make with people of all demographics, seeing the "ah-ha!" moment when I help people learn something new about products, and, ultimately, helping people to find wellness through cannabis. I am able to work very closely with my diverse and intelligent crew, and we serve a huge educational piece in our community. The store's location is prime, as it is located beside a major commuting highway, making our customer base reach far beyond the city of Kenmore. Having the opportunity to serve both recreational and medical customers results in a full spectrum of educational experiences for both customers and staff, confirming every day that my job is about more than just managing a retail store.

What surprises people about what you do?

People are often surprised by the level of professionalism that I expect from my crew members. Some cannabis consumers expect a certain type of individual to be working in this industry, and Theorem Cannabis is shattering that expectation. Our focus on educating customers in a respectful, professional way attracts people from all walks of life, including those who once believed in the negative stigmas attached to cannabis. Members of my staff have college degrees, have worked in the medical field, and have years and years of management experience. I inspire my staff to learn everything they can about our products, and to disseminate that knowledge with a level of professionalism that is unprecedented for many customers that walk through our door.

Audria_Jaggers_-_Audria_Jaggers.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis shop manager Audria Jaggers’ cool job | The Seattle Times
Photo Credit: Audria Jaggers
Website: The Seattle Times | Local news, sports, business, politics, entertainment, travel, restaurants and opinion for Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

Back
Top Bottom