Cannabis Standards Committee

ChicagoJoe

420 Member
sour d and NYCD come around here on the regular. it'd be pretty sweet to go around to all the dispensaries and collect different nugs of the same strands for comparing.

How about a Cannabis Standards Committee to make sure the label is true including:

strain
medium
nutes/organics
indoor/outdoor
flush
cure
etc

I'd love to see it....on one day I stopped at 3 different dispensaries and picked up 3 slightly different looking "samples" of Blue Dream. 2 shops within 1/2 mile of each other have notably different quality Sour D, Blue Dream, Green Crack, Romulan, and Purple Erkle....yet near identical Cinderella 99 & Bubba Kush (known to be different growers).

:peace:

awww shucks, thank you

I'm more concerned with cannabis being moved out of the Schedule 1 category, especially since 14 states have already found cannabis has many medicinal uses.

The only thing to worry about is once off Sched. 1, docs will have to write a real script - with amounts. That poses a potential problem, considering the different qualities of herb, as well as tolerances and needs (unless written as "take as needed"). Plus how quick do you think big business will force commercial growing (of crap quality meds) as the only "legal" way to obtain your now legal prescription? I'd say the only real benefit to removing cannabis from Sched. 1, is it will make it easier for other states to allow MMJ - and possibly lead to ending the war by allowing each State to pass it's own laws and regulate.

One downside of regulation is the current push by the anti's to limit access via closing dispensaries (or making it near impossible to open) and extremely restrictive zoning ordinances (limiting the amount of space and location/lighting/fencing/permitting/etc for growing at home). This is the current "back lash" or swing of the pendulum in response to the proliferation of dispensaries in CA after Obama called off his "dogs" - as well as the recent Nov ballot initiative recently added to LEGALIZE cannabis in CA.

Just a few random thoughts - not meaning to be argumentative....then again, I'm fortunate enough to live in one of those "forward thinking" 14 states (and one with dispensaries a well).

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom