Cannabis Strains That Can Help To Melt The Stress Away

420 Warrior

istock-1127352242-1599450714-1440w.jpeg

We’re all a bit more on edge these days, as all of the insanity that surrounds us continues, but there is one way that you can naturally treat this uncomfortable feeling, and that’s with cannabis. Of course, some strains are known for inducing anxiety, which can increase stress, so it is important to pay attention to more than just the THC content when you’re looking for something that will soothe you. You must also consider the fact that one person's idea of less stress could be far too overwhelming than another, so it’s important to select the strains that will work best for you.

The effects of these strains

These cannabis strains each have their own unique qualities that may or may not be what you seek in a relaxing experience. If you’re looking for a strain that will help you de-stress and stay motivated, then you’ll need to settle on one that can do just that, but if you want to feel utterly sedated and tingly from head to toe, then you might be better off choosing one from this list that has a rich THC content.

Best times of use

All of these strains are powerful and relaxing, so it’s best to use them once you are confident that you won’t have to leave the house, but many of them can be thoroughly enjoyed while accomplishing just about any kind of activity that you can think of, which means that they can be useful at pretty much every time of the day, as long as you’re using the right ones. However, most people prefer to use relaxing cannabis strains to wind down at the end of the day, because they all lead to a deeper sleep once the effects wear off.

The best ways to use them

If you’re looking for unique and effective ways to relax with the assistance of the soothing strains below, then you might want to take a few moments to glance over this list. Though there are certainly many other instances where relaxing strains might be helpful, these five ideas may help to inspire you to think of something that will work best for you.

1. Run a warm bath
  2. Sit on the porch with a hot cup of coffee
  3. Relax on the couch and binge-watch your favourite series
  4. Before tackling any stressful project around the home
  5. As a nightcap
5 powerful cannabis strains that will help you to stress less

These five weed strains are some of the best genetics around for consumers who are looking to reduce anxiety and alleviate stress but make sure to pay attention to varying features such as effects and THC content, as each one can provide a significantly different range of effects that should match your mood, the time of day, and your activity of choice.

1. Blue Dream

The Blue Dream strain has grown in popularity over this last year, as consumers everywhere became familiar with the plant's unique effects that are perfect for consumers who want an intense wave of euphoria followed by a deep sleep. With an average of 26% THC, the effects of this strain are more suited to experienced consumers who are seeking stress relief.

2. Runtz

The Runtz strain is a highly sought-after hybrid from the Cookies family that offers a wonderful balance of relaxation combined with an uplifting nature that is known to spark creativity in those that use it. Runtz also comes with a moderate THC content weighing in at around 18%, making it an ideal option for both new and seasoned users.

3. Gorilla Glue

The Gorilla Glue strain has been around for sure a long time that you can now find several different variations of it, but the effects are what earns these plants their name. Gorilla Glue at 24% THC is known for its ability to glue you to the depths of your chair, which makes it perfect for enjoying with a hot soak in the tub, or for some binging on along with your favourite show.

4. Zombie Kush

The Zombie Kush strain lives well up to its name because, in large doses, it can place you into a deep stupor that is difficult to wake from, but in moderate doses, this type of cannabis can be everything that you need to clear the mind and relax even if you’ve got things to do. Despite its reputation, Zombie Kush contains a meager 10%- 20% THC on average, so it’s the perfect solution for many kinds of users.

5. Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner is a well-known medical strain, but it’s also widely respected by recreational consumers with a high tolerance, as it weighs in at an average of 28% THC, which is incredibly high. Though this strain is potent, its effects are mainly cerebral, so if you’re looking to ease your stress by forgetting about what worries you, then this might be the best strain for you.

Christal Chatterly
Published Sep 10, 2020

I would add Strawberry Banana & Tahquitz OG to that list
Yep, it would take making a list that would be akin to reading "War In Peace" to fit every single strain that "melts stress away" as I really haven't smoked a single strain that didn't relieve stress in some form or fashion.

It's one of the main reasons I smoke weed TBH. Cannabis equals happiness and satisfaction, some more than others but ALL are good stress relievers IMO ;)

I am a big fan of the heavy duty strains. I takes that with me. Pura Vida, Lemon Head, Strawberry field all good. I am 68 yrs. young and I do not know what dabbing is. What is dabbing, I may be interested. Choco Lopez is easy on my mind and Cheesy Cookie Ain't all this great?

I am a big fan of the heavy duty strains. I takes that with me. Pura Vida, Lemon Head, Strawberry field all good. I am 68 yrs. young and I do not know what dabbing is. What is dabbing, I may be interested. Choco Lopez is easy on my mind and Cheesy Cookie Ain't all this great?
Dabbing is just using oils or wax extracts added to a hot banger, or cool if thats your preference. A hot one will give you a monster hit that is hotter on the lungs or place the wax in a banger and heat it up until it produces vapor. Easier on lungs imo. Also you could add a dab to an electronic atomizer. Or they also have e-nails that use a coil around a titanium or ss bucket.

I got really happy vibes from a Northern Lights that a friend gave me. I consider it a happy weed. I was driving along on a sunny day listening to the radio maybe singing along and tapping my knee. I was dealing with alot of ailments at the time and it was a huge relief. I have gotten a similar high from erdpurt strain which is becoming more popular due to the cbd in it I am guessing bit it has been around for a long time. A Swiss landrace sativa "purple tinesense" sp? Crossed with erdbeer. A strawberry like indica.

Back
Top Bottom