Cannabis The Aphrodisiac

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
DSchuemann-Jones.jpg

CSchuemann-Jones.jpg

ASchuemann-Jones.jpg

The Schuemann-Jones Company; Cleveland Ohio -- CANNABIN COMPOUND
#105..this is one unusual and rare drugstore container! according to the label, each tablet contained: cannabin (cannabis or marijuana!) 1-10gr; zinc phosphide; strychnine phosphide and avenin. "a new tonic and stimulant with valuable aphrodisiac, reconstructive, nervine and anodyne properties, useful in the treatment of nervous exhaustion, depression, impotence, insomnia, kidney affections....."this rare and unusual cannister is beige. approximately 4 inch tall and 1 inch diameter....appears to be rugged card-board like construction with tin top and bottom. one tablet after meals and at bedtime......medicaltreasures

CANNABIS THE APHRODISIAC:
Having been reared in a Roman Catholic home this author, for one, would have preferred if the subject never had come up, at least not in an antique book. However, not wanting to be accused of censorship, I suppose will have to make the best of it.

Aphrodisiac: - Defined by the dictionary as "a drug that arouses the sexual instinct or exciting sexual impulses."

Yes it is true that Cannabis did indeed make its way into various aphrodisiacs manufactured by legitimate pharmaceutical houses of their day. In addition, the subject starts poking its head up in the medical journals of that time.

However, I for one am of the opinion that this whole "aphrodisiac" thing was so much HUMBUG. Cannabis Indica simply came from India whose population (being Hindus) practiced certain religious practices (best left unsaid) in which Cannabis just happened to be used. Thus, somehow a connection between Cannabis and sex was established.

After discussing the subject with various people, we are almost of one mind; Cannabis does not make you more sexually active. In fact, it does the opposite. It seems to only want to make you go to sleep. Most medical research (modern or otherwise) seems to collaborate that viewpoint. But then as Dr. Riechard (US public health service 1940s) once said about the subject, "some legends will probably die hard."

your wrong, certain pot gives more body high(sleepy, sluggish), and certain pot gives more of a head high. that is determined on the composition of pot

I've had some great sex while baked, but I've also had some, hmmmmm, "weird" sex as well. Like trying for an hour to get things working, and being into it, just not..... you know. :p Definitely varies.

for sure, some strains get my girl going big time. some strains will bring on some serious wood i've also noticed LMAO.

DSchuemann-Jones.jpg

CSchuemann-Jones.jpg

ASchuemann-Jones.jpg

The Schuemann-Jones Company; Cleveland Ohio -- CANNABIN COMPOUND
#105..this is one unusual and rare drugstore container! according to the label, each tablet contained: cannabin (cannabis or marijuana!) 1-10gr; zinc phosphide; strychnine phosphide and avenin. "a new tonic and stimulant with valuable aphrodisiac, reconstructive, nervine and anodyne properties, useful in the treatment of nervous exhaustion, depression, impotence, insomnia, kidney affections....."this rare and unusual cannister is beige. approximately 4 inch tall and 1 inch diameter....appears to be rugged card-board like construction with tin top and bottom. one tablet after meals and at bedtime......medicaltreasures

CANNABIS THE APHRODISIAC:
Having been reared in a Roman Catholic home this author, for one, would have preferred if the subject never had come up, at least not in an antique book. However, not wanting to be accused of censorship, I suppose will have to make the best of it.

Aphrodisiac: - Defined by the dictionary as "a drug that arouses the sexual instinct or exciting sexual impulses."

Yes it is true that Cannabis did indeed make its way into various aphrodisiacs manufactured by legitimate pharmaceutical houses of their day. In addition, the subject starts poking its head up in the medical journals of that time.

However, I for one am of the opinion that this whole "aphrodisiac" thing was so much HUMBUG. Cannabis Indica simply came from India whose population (being Hindus) practiced certain religious practices (best left unsaid) in which Cannabis just happened to be used. Thus, somehow a connection between Cannabis and sex was established.

After discussing the subject with various people, we are almost of one mind; Cannabis does not make you more sexually active. In fact, it does the opposite. It seems to only want to make you go to sleep. Most medical research (modern or otherwise) seems to collaborate that viewpoint. But then as Dr. Riechard (US public health service 1940s) once said about the subject, "some legends will probably die hard."
Cannabis makes me horny
A4B790FC-14DD-4757-87E2-20903657C311.jpeg

She’s a beauty

I completely disagree with you on this one. It may make me feel tired and sluggish and like I'm stuck but at the same time it makes me extremely extremely horny. It also makes me more sensitive so sex is amazing, well more amazing. I can go for hours and hours while high... And I am less likely to say no to whatever he wants while high. From my personal experience.. Smoking = sex

Having been reared in a Roman Catholic home this author, for one, would have preferred if the subject never had come up, at least not in an antique book.
Catholics make a lot of babies.
They like to ignore how that could happen - but I always knew.

I was raised 'in the church', educated 'in the church'; and was being trained for Seminary till the age of 14 -- then I learned the true meaning of "abstinence" ... fack that!

After discussing the subject with various people, we are almost of one mind; Cannabis does not make you more sexually active. In fact, it does the opposite. It seems to only want to make you go to sleep.
Indica sure does that to me. That's why its my fav. I use it for pain relief and relaxation. An oz of good whisky and a bowl of a heavy Indica and wifey is waking me up to go to bed -- and not for sex either.

I also strongly disagree... I get very horny after smoking some varieties of pot, and we found one some years ago, Tangerine Dream, that got both of us going every time we smoked it! It was almost a given that soon after smoking our evening joint, we would be going at it somewhere, and our enjoyment of this enhanced sensory overload would last for hours. Everything is more under the right pot, my skin is much more sensitive, my ability to merge into her completely happens without effort, and everything about her is better under that influence, her smell, her taste, the smoothness of her skin, her hair... and then there are the waves.... the total all encompassing waves of pleasure that take over in these situations... there is nothing like it. Egads... just writing about this has got me going! Ms. J. gets home soon... she is in for a surprise. :p

Like Frank Zappa said 'the brain is the biggest sexual organ'.

I'm more concerned about the strychnine that is present.

This is one of those older posts/ stickies that may be in need of an update.

Certain strains can definitely affect women.
:hmmmm: Inquiry minds would like to know which strains :rofl:
Like Frank Zappa said 'the brain is the biggest sexual organ'.

I'm more concerned about the strychnine that is present.
I thought he said "don't eat yellow snow, where the huskies go" :rofl::rofl::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom