Cannabis Warrior of the Month - Rick Simpson

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
5081-RickSimpsonLastHempPlant.jpg

The last plant left behind after the raid

Run From The Cure: Rick Simpson discovers a natural cure for cancer

A Film By Christian Laurette​

After a serious head injury in 1997, Rick Simpson sought relief from his medical condition through the use of medicinal hemp oil. When Rick discovered that the oil (with its high concentration of THC) cured cancers and other illnesses, he tried to share it with as many people as he could free of charge - curing and controlling literally hundreds of people’s illnesses.

But when the story went public, the long arm of the law snatched the medicine - leaving potentially thousands of people without their cancer treatments - and leaving Rick with unconstitutional charges of possessing and trafficking marijuana!

Note: In this movie they call the medicine “hemp oil”. According to most definitions, hemp is actually a non-medicinal form of cannabis. The medicine they’re using is derived from marijuana flower buds, and is essentially hash oil. The probable reason why they don’t use these terms is to try to avoid discrimination.

(youtube say no longer available for part 1. if anyone should come across it please add it to this thread)

Nova Scotia Marijuana "Cancer Cure" Grower Rick Simpson Found Guilty
Cumberland County hemp oil activist convicted on charges of possession, trafficking and production of marijuana

AMHERST - Just because some "idiotic law" says he has to won't stop Rickey Simpson from treating his patients suffering from illnesses such as cancer with cannabis oil. "People have proven to me once again they have total lack of common sense. There's something wrong with them," Simpson said outside the courtroom yesterday after a jury found him guilty to one count each of possession of less than 30 grams of cannabis marijuana, possession of less than three kilograms of tetrahydrocannabinol for the purpose of trafficking and unlawful production of cannabis marijuana.

"I thought the jury would see this for what it is and that they would welcome this medicine." When discussing an adjournment for sentencing, Simpson told Justice Felix Cacchione to put him in jail that day. "It may be better to lock me up right now. As soon as I get home I'm going to treat my patients. I'm going to grow that plant until the day I die, so I might as well be put in jail today. I can't stop in the middle of (treatment). People's lives are at stake here."

In response, Justice Cacchione told Simpson that when a guilty verdict is found, bail is most often times revoked. He did, however, tell Simpson he wasn't going to revoke his bail. "You have complied with all your bail terms, so for that reason, I am not going to," said Justice Cacchione, adding that Simpson has until 4pm Wednesday to visit the parole board office to set up a time for a pre-sentence report.

The Crown's office went by way of summary conviction to the first charge and indictment by the second two. Simpson could be facing a fine as a sentence to the simple possession charge. The trafficking charge could carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison, while the maximum sentence of unlawful production is seven years. Crown attorney Monica McQueen didn't have much a reaction to the verdict, and couldn't speculate on the sentencing recommendation the Crown would be submitting to the courts.

Simpson's sentencing has been adjourned for a pre-sentence report upon Justice Cacchione's request, who also wants to see the crown's position on sentencing. Simpson will return to court for sentencing at 12pm on November 30, 2007, his 58th birthday.

- Article from Amherst Daily News

Back
Top Bottom