Cannabis Was About To Hit The Streets

Wilbur

Police say cannabis crops worth £150,000 were just a few days from hitting the streets of Peterborough, when officers stormed a city home this morning, Thursday, November 9.

They say about 400 plants were found growing in a detached family home in Thurning Avenue, Stanground, after police staged an early morning wake-up call to residents living at the address.

Aside from the kitchen, a small front room and the bathroom, each room in the three-bedroom suburban home was tightly packed with plants – which were almost ready to be harvested.

This is the 104th cannabis raid to take place in the city, as part of the force's successful "Door A Day" campaign, which has been running since March.

Wearing a mask to protect cannabis spores which irritate the lungs, DC Shanie Nayar said: "From the outside, this house looked nothing like a drugs factory, however,inside we have discovered hundreds of cannabis plants with a street value of about £150,000. It just goes to show that even the most unlikely of neighbourhoods can be targeted."

Three men, aged 45, 30 and 25, were arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis.

Newshawk: user - 420 Magazine
Source: Peterborough Today (UK)
Pubdate: 9 November 2006
Copyright: 2006 Johnston Press Digital Publishing

Wearing a mask to protect cannabis spores which irritate the lungs, DC Shanie Nayar said

What the hell are they talking about i have never heard anything like that before. I thought spores come from fungus not plants. I guess he thinks they are some moldy plants.

User said:
Police say cannabis crops worth £150,000 were just a few days from hitting the streets of Peterborough, when officers stormed a city home this morning, Thursday, November 9.
They say about 400 plants were found growing in a detached family home in Thurning Avenue, Stanground, after police staged an early morning wake-up call to residents living at the address.

Aside from the kitchen, a small front room and the bathroom, each room in the three-bedroom suburban home was tightly packed with plants — which were almost ready to be harvested.

It's amazing how little the "authorities" know about the plant or the process. If they are still growing, how are they a few days from hitting the streets - are they going to be smoked wet?

And what are spores? Is this some kind of invasion of the body snatchers myth? I'd agree the flowering plants are highly aromatic - but they smell fabulous, and are not some kind of toix threat akin to 3 mile island.

Can this be conscious error, or simple idiocy

<end rant>

soniq

User said:
tightly packed with plants — which were almost ready to be harvested.

Wearing a mask to protect cannabis spores which irritate the lungs, DC Shanie Nayar said:
I think its important to express our indignation! I hope jus 1 or 2 people would write to the editor or journalist for propergating misinformation. Clearly they don't do their research & know nothing about cannabis at all. Nitwits! spores & days away from HITTING THE STREETS...WTF?!
:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom