Cannabis Water Cure - What?

4twenty4all

Apparently there is some buzz on YouTube regarding this curing method. You can search: cannabis water cure.

In my opinion this is just a way some guys came up with to hide their bad growing mistakes and need to either, wash off a lot of bugs; hide and try to dilute harsh or harmful insecticides; wash off powdery mildew or mold; or any other unwanted objects or chemicals from their buds. If you grow correctly and responsibly there should be no reason to submerge your medicine in water. If the water is too cold or too warm I believe it can cause some sort of damage to the resin heads. Just some food for thought....

Hmmmmm, unsubstantiated opinion from someone who saw something on YouTube, now THAT'S the sort of useful information I can really use!

You are to funny....... One question for you... Have you tried water cured herb?

Nope! But a few days ago I did reply to a post from Miwa that I would try it with a bud or two. It just doesn't make sense to me. It seems as though it would make the bud rock hard after drying and change the color of the bud.

Hmmmmm, unsubstantiated opinion from someone who saw something on YouTube, now THAT'S the sort of useful information I can really use!

This seems to me to be a bit of a snide remark.... This forum is to be used for discussion and education. I have a valid opinion and it is not unsubstantiated. I have seen with my own eyes the affects of what happens to marijuana buds after being submerged in water for a long period of time. In his case it was just over 24 hours. Buds were hard and dark after curing and they, in my opinion, lacked fragrance.

Just so happens that I am going to do a water cure - of all my bud, spare a small branch or 2 for posterity.

Got close to everything worked out.

Got my homemade carbon filter made up to filter the water comin outta the hose.

Got my 33 gallon tote box done up for the soaking and drain hole in the bottom for the slow easy drain so as not to disturb the Trichomes.

I'ma gonna dispell all these myths about water curing Cannabis.

I've weighed all the pros and cons, read all the arguments for and against.

Now there's nothing left for me to do but to do it.

And I am gonna do it.

That fucking simple.

Dig?

I'll keep yall posted with my "HigherDrifter's Water Cure" thread.

:thumb:

Just so happens that I am going to do a water cure - of all my bud, spare a small branch or 2 for posterity.

Got close to everything worked out.

Got my homemade carbon filter made up to filter the water comin outta the hose.

Got my 33 gallon tote box done up for the soaking and drain hole in the bottom for the slow easy drain so as not to disturb the Trichomes.

I'ma gonna dispell all these myths about water curing Cannabis.

I've weighed all the pros and cons, read all the arguments for and against.

Now there's nothing left for me to do but to do it.

And I am gonna do it.

That fucking simple.

Dig?

I'll keep yall posted with my "HigherDrifter's Water Cure" thread.

:thumb:

Sweet, thanks! And, I'm subscribing...

***Just some more thoughts***

Since I've been spraying BT on my plants...

Probably gonna have a few dead budworms amongst my buds. I know they're there. Caught a handful of live ones. I've plucked about half a handful of damaged buds

Since there's bound to be some "unseen" bug damage, not to mention all the bug-shit...

And then, on top of all that...

I've got some bird-shit here and there - lots of birds here.

Lots of other insect-shit and damage...

Lots of dirt and dust caught up in all those sticky trichs and hairs...

Southern California Smog :cough:

We have such clean air here :cough:

Here's an idea. We need to grow a gazzillion Cannabis plants all over the globe to help clean our atmosphere, and then water cure them, and replenish all the industrial abused land masses with the cure water. Take all the nuggets and make thousands of these huge Cannabis Bud Bonfires, blaze them all up and get this whole planet stoned - it needs some medicine and therapy from all the abuse it's suffered under "humanity" for the last few thousand years.

ahem.

Just a few reasons why I might benefit from a water cure...

Oh well.

More to come...

***Just some more thoughts***
Here's an idea. We need to grow a gazzillion Cannabis plants all over the globe to help clean our atmosphere, and then water cure them, and replenish all the industrial abused land masses with the cure water. Take all the nuggets and make thousands of these huge Cannabis Bud Bonfires, blaze them all up and get this whole planet stoned - it needs some medicine and therapy from all the abuse it's suffered under "humanity" for the last few thousand years.

ahem.

Just a few reasons why I might benefit from a water cure...

Oh well.

More to come...

Sounding good to me :) Hmmmm..... so maybe I wasn't far off with my thinking of how this new curing process came about? Not saying your the cause, HigherDrifter ;-) lol I still can't wait to see the results. I am glad that you are keeping some buds out of the water cure to show visual changes as well.

I wouldn't knock water curing. When you are growing in your living quarters, powdery mildew can be very hard to get rid of. I water cured a harvest because some powdery mildew came about at the end. I saved over 20 grams of medicine by doing that. THC is oil based, the water does nothing to the potency. Everything I have read says the smoke is very smooth with no taste. I have to admit mine came out very harsh from water curing. I'm trying it again with some of my recent harvest that was affected by PM.

Just because its new to you doesn't mean its wrong, or people have never done it before :thumb:

Water Cure, The Members' Thread

I wouldn't knock water curing. When you are growing in your living quarters, powdery mildew can be very hard to get rid of. I water cured a harvest because some powdery mildew came about at the end. I saved over 20 grams of medicine by doing that. THC is oil based, the water does nothing to the potency. Everything I have read says the smoke is very smooth with no taste. I have to admit mine came out very harsh from water curing. I'm trying it again with some of my recent harvest that was affected by PM.

Just because its new to you doesn't mean its wrong, or people have never done it before :thumb:

Water Cure, The Members' Thread

I'm not knocking you or anyone else that does this. If you guys read what I originally posted, and I quote:
"In my opinion this is just a way some guys came up with to hide their bad growing mistakes and need to either, wash off a lot of bugs; hide and try to dilute harsh or harmful insecticides; wash off powdery mildew or mold; or any other unwanted objects or chemicals from their buds."

I understand you have to do what you have to do to save a crop and I have been there. I also said that IF your crop is grown without these issues that I don't see any reason for a water cure. Also, I previously posted that I will do this with a bud or two to show the comparison; However, I believe the result will be a less appealing bud, in appearance, odor, and smoke. We will see..... Watch for HigherDrifter's report on his test on this subject

I have medical patients that ask that I water cure their meds... It's all about personal choice... The nugs do not Look as good and the smell is knocked down, I can still smell mine, but never strong.. That is just bag appeal and bag appeal means nothing to some.... I also jarred mine for a week or two.... I prefer mine air dried and jar cured, but have had some Water cured that i thoroughly enjoyed.....

I'm not knocking you or anyone else that does this. If you guys read what I originally posted, and I quote:
"In my opinion this is just a way some guys came up with to hide their bad growing mistakes and need to either, wash off a lot of bugs; hide and try to dilute harsh or harmful insecticides; wash off powdery mildew or mold; or any other unwanted objects or chemicals from their buds."

I understand you have to do what you have to do to save a crop and I have been there. I also said that IF your crop is grown without these issues that I don't see any reason for a water cure. Also, I previously posted that I will do this with a bud or two to show the comparison; However, I believe the result will be a less appealing bud, in appearance, odor, and smoke. We will see..... Watch for HigherDrifter's report on his test on this subject

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it, is what I should have said. I know you are not "knocking" anyone here. I will admit I did take a little offense to the statement "If you grow correctly and responsibly there should be no reason to submerge your medicine in water". Things happen during a three month period of growing, some out of our control.

Agreed, if your harvest is healthy no reason to water cure it. It does take away all the 'extras' we get with our meds...smell, taste, look, etc.

At the end of the day. Water curing is great way to save a harvest that otherwise, may have to be tossed out. It could also be piece of mind knowing what you're consuming is completely clean.

Things happen during a three month period of growing, some out of our control.

Agreed, if your harvest is healthy no reason to water cure it. It does take away all the 'extras' we get with our meds...smell, taste, look, etc.

Trust me, I'm with you on the problems and have become what I consider a pretty descent gardener because of ALL of the ones I had. Some were self-inflicted. I built and was running successfully a 45,000 watt garden mostly alone until zoning changed. I ran into just about everything you can imagine.....

Things I will NEVER do again:
1. Take a clone from anyone
2. Let anyone into my garden that grows
3. Leave the hydro store and enter my garden without showering
4. Never enter my room without fresh shower and clothes

I had almost every type of bug you can imagine and a lot of diseases :-( I even had mice eating my flowering plants at the base of the stem in a circle which ultimately killed the ones they got to. I feel your pain....

some googling of the method brought me here. At least once before viewing this i read that if the buds are exposed to air it is like "a molds fantasy breeding ground" or something along those lines. although if you put the exposed buds on top, the bottom layer would have been the good(?) stuff.

side thought: maybe you shouldnt have shook the buds to make em fall apart. maybe they did that because they were over cured. if they were over cured, maybe you could have handled them more carefully and the end product would just be more crushable.

side thought: if the bud was good on your test runs maybe it was ready.

another side thought: maybe if a lil mold gets on there itll intesify the high.

:tommy:

I have watered cured many times, I do this as I enjoy green dragon.. but do not enjoy the added chlorophyll taste.. its a very simple solution .. rarely smoke.. love a shot of dragon before bed.. knocks me right out..;)

4-5 days days , changing the water(RO'd, room temp water) every day.. bud comes out brown and kinda funky looking.. as I don't smoke it I have NO idea what it tastes like.. using 100% top grade pineapple/sour diesel buds...

4-5 days days , changing the water(RO'd, room temp water) every day.. bud comes out brown and kinda funky looking.. as I don't smoke it I have NO idea what it tastes like....

I reckon I water cured mine for about the same amount of time as you. Wasn't by choice though - was hoping to do at least seven complete days, but some of my buds started disintegrating so I stopped at about 4.5 ~5 days of total cure.

Buds came out rusty-brown. Pistils are a very dark redish-brown. Not what most people are accustomed to seeing when they look at buds.

The taste - well, all I can say is that it's a dramatic improvement to what I've been smoking, from last year's crop and some early harvested (broken branches) bud from this year's crop (that I'm currently doing Trim&Manicure).
I can't really get a fix on the particular flavors - tastes varies from one nugget to the next. All I can tell you with any degree of certainty is that I LIKE IT ALOT. Not bad at all for my first water cure.

I have no idea what strain I've got. Someone gave me the seeds and very little information as to what they were, other than they were from some grow done up in Oregon, and that they were just potluck mixtures of Indicas and Sativas. Even though the plant itself got almost 10 foot tall, very branchy, and heavily loaded with buds - I'd say it's a slightly dom Indica, at least that's what the smoke and effects indicate: Stoney High.

I realize this is quite an old post but while reading through I noticed nobody mentioned the positive points of water curing, it is certainly not just a coverup for mistakes, I water cure because I give my plants nutrients until I harvest and my method of "flushing" is water curing because it removes all the water soluble stuff like chlorophyll and all the extra unwanted stuff. If you remove all the water solubles from the mass of the bud then the overall potency would be increased greatly because all that is left is resinous non-water solubles and vegitation. Yes the buds are smaller and weigh less and is not ideal to sell because you sell by weight but for personal medicinal consumption high THC % and high CBD % concentrated without any unnecessary fillers is the best medicine, not for being a weed Connoisseuris-Rex who only cares about scent and appeal. Best medicine I ever took never tasted good.

Back
Top Bottom