CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

Well, thc is released into the air by heat, what you can do is keep the heat on low and put a lid on the pot, that'll keep the goodness in the butter.

well, not exactly.
You need a pressure cooker or a still to retain all the THC.
Just a pot with a lid on it is sorta doin' it half-ass,
it's the whole vapor(low moisture content) vs steam(high moisture content) thang :cheesygrinsmiley:

Trust Me :cheesygrinsmiley:

well, not exactly.
You need a pressure cooker or a still to retain all the THC.
Just a pot with a lid on it is sorta doin' it half-ass,
it's the whole vapor(low moisture content) vs steam(high moisture content) thang

I'm curious about the theory of losing some THC through escaping steam. I followed the recipe on this site, and cooked my canna butter for more then 4 hrs. Both times came out with excellent potent butter. Can you elaborate on the pressure cooker theory to retain all the THC? This is the first I am hearing about using a pressure cooker and I'd like to hear more, since I have one.:thanks:

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!.......because of your thread here, I finaly feel OK about trying this....been wanting to for a long time, but did not feel like I could do it, the pics are perfect man.....thanks a million......................PEACE

You are right Charlie,
but an hour tastes too much like cannabis for some folks.
I love it myself.
The longer you cook it the better it tastes to some.

The longer you cook it the more likely you will reach the vaporization temp for THC(320-340 degrees).
Keep it under 300 and you got no worries, even without a lid.

A pressure cooker has a temp gauge in the lid, doesn't it.
When you remove a lid from a boiling pot, The temp drops.
When you stick your thermometer in it, at that point, you are not reading the true temp.
When you open the lid the vapor rises since it is warmer than the surrounding air.

With a pressure cooker you never have to open it to see the temp :cheesygrinsmiley:

Then you have the vaporization temp for CBC, CBN, CBD and the rest of the CBs :cheesygrinsmiley:

Now, i know pressure cookers have a pressure relief valve for when you finally want to open it. If you hooked up a vapor bag to that vent to catch it all, you think it'd work to give you a buzz?

uucan do da same with leaf just use a pound oof leaf 2 a pound of buter simer a bit longer pour boiling water ova leaf once strained 2 gt most of ter out umay need several coitntaners u can mix this with ur fav dark choc or any baking be carfull with dosage it takes about an hour 2 kic in lasts about 5 defenently no driving well worth da time nd efort happy cookn

So say I use 7 grams of some bomb haze I'd need about a stick or a stick and ahalf of butter? And I was confused about the boiling water and meltingthe butter.. Do I meltthe butter and then put in the grinded bud or do I put the butter n the water let it melt then put in the bud??

But I'd reccomend freezing until it seperates n the butter forms n hardens a lil n then let it go in the fridge for like an hr n a half or two hrs,

The longer you cook it the more likely you will reach the vaporization temp for THC(320-340 degrees).

If made in a pot of boiling water, no matter how long you boil it (as long as you keep water in the pot) it's not going to get hotter than 212°F/100°C (@ sea level). That's probably the point of the water.

A pressure cooker has a temp gauge in the lid, doesn't it.

Mine has a pressure gauge. I don't think I'd try making cannabutter in it. But it sure is handy for other things.

When you remove a lid from a boiling pot, The temp drops.
When you stick your thermometer in it, at that point, you are not reading the true temp.

If you're putting the thermometer in it, I would think that you'd surely be measuring the true temp of it.

Now, i know pressure cookers have a pressure relief valve for when you finally want to open it. If you hooked up a vapor bag to that vent to catch it all, you think it'd work to give you a buzz?

Some have a jiggler, some have a valve, some assume that you will wait until they will cool off naturally (the food will continue to cook somewhat) or else put them into the sink and run water over them.

Keep in mind that any steam coming out of a pressure-cooking device - being steam - is going to be capable of producing burns. It also might melt your vapor bag.

And remember that anything that could potentially clog/damage any pressure-relief devices is likely to cause you grief. There's nothing quite like having to clean food off of your ceiling, walls, floor, and everything contained within.

Of course if the regular pressure-relief devices fail - and the safety does as well - that you've just constructed a bomb that has a random detonation time.

But they are handy when it's time to harvest the veggies, during deer/rabbit/squirrel seasons, when you want to quickly cook a meal that would otherwise take hours, etc. Especially if your pressure-cooker is also a canner.

Yes, I love using trim. Make sure you use way more trim than you would bud. You have to add the leaves in a little bit at a time. They will wilt just like spinach does. ;-)

Asked and posted on another thread...

I always used to do this...just grind and add...I guess thats why it never Really worked...

Ms. fox: can you tell me Why i should never do this? Im curious? :popcorn:

My take on it is that you can only physically stuff so much leaf material into a pan of brownies. Far better to add the extracted actives.

Then there is the whole "solubility in oil" thing.

Back
Top Bottom