Cannabutter - Simple and Easy!

DaHui

Well as you probably know there are tons and tons of different ways to make it.

I will explain my method, because, well yeah, I find it's the best :D

Ok, first off, lets make this straight once and for all, yo udo not need the best dank-kadee-dank in the whole world to make cannabutter (CB). You can use dro, mids, shwags and even trim. Yes, trim, also known as stems and leaves. If you don't feel like spending a fortune on 1/2oz to make CB ask your dealer or hookup if he can get his/her hands on trim. Also, for all you growers out there, save your trim and make some decent CB.

Put your chef hat on and let's start this.

People are always wondering how much weed and how much butter should I use.. There isn't a perfect mesurement, everyone's weed has differenct THC %. So check it, one can use 1oz of weed for 1lbs of butter, go from there. But listen, you don't have to make 1lbs of CB, you can make 1/4lbs or even 1/8lbs, whatever floasts your boat. Just make sure that once you ass your marijuana in the pot that all of it is covered by butter and that it's not thick and heavy, you still want it to be able to move around easily.

Ok, so now that you've got your butter and weed on hand this is what you need to continue:
  • 2 pots, one slightly smaller then the other one so it can fit in the 1st bigger one
  • Water
  • Wood, metal, plastic spoon
  • A container that you will put your cannabutter in
  • A filter (read below for examples) and a rubberband

In the 1st bigger pot, put some water in it and wait until it boils.
In the 2nd smaller pot, put your butter in there and place the pot over the 1st one so it *THIS IS THE TRICK* NEVER EVER EVER has a direct contact with the pure heat source. This way, your butter will melt, simmer all by itself and will NOT burn. Your only job at this point is to stir it all slightly one in a while with a wooden spoon (I find it's better then a plastic or metal) and make sure that there is always enough water in the larger pot boiling.

You can leave your pots on the stove and have it all simmer for as long as you want, just keep and eye out for it. Gradually the butter will evaporate, so don't leave it on for a whole day of course.

If your making you CB with trim, it probably won't be as potent as the with weed, but that's ok, you'll just have to put more of it in your recipe.

Ok, so once you've decided that your CB is done, let's say after 1hour+ of it simmering, take the CB pot off the larger pot, careful it's hot, and let it rest for a couple minutes (5-10) until it cools off a bit so it doesn't melt of shatter the container you will be putting it in.

Throw out the water in the larger pan, you don't need it anymore.

Next, get the glass, plastic container and any kinda of filter you can get your hands one. Once again, it can be a cheese cloth, a coffee filter, 2 layers of bounty, whatever floats your boat and is in your kitchen, house. Whatever 'filter' you use must be strong enough and has to keep the herb from falling into the finish product.

So now put the filter you decided to use on top of the container, use a rubberband to hold it into place, if it's a coffee filter you won't need the rubberband.. Slowly poor your CB on the filter and the butter should drip and the weed should stay in you filter. You can gentily use your fingers to press down onto the CB so have it all go thru.

Now seal the container and put it in the fridge. If you want it to get hard right away, put it in the freezer.

You just made cannabutter, now its up to you decide how you will enjoy it.

DaHui said:
If you want it to get hard right away, put it in the freezer.

Or if u want it to get hard even quicker, all you need is:
4 asian chiks (prefferebly in schoolgirl uniforms)
1 or 2 water guns
1 stereo playing "dr feelgood" by motley crue

now, what you do is first make sure the asian girls are very horny, now tell them to dance. now while their dancing, start squirting them with the water guns. from here, its just improv. the cannibutter should be getting very hard soon after this. or possibly not. well if IT doesnt, YOU sure will. shyat.... lol....

I dont understand the whole 2 pot method. I would just boil water in one pot, add one stick of butter, one ounce of weed, and let it boil for about 20 minutes while stiring it. Then pour the water/weed/melted butter through a small strainer into a cereal bowl and put that cereal bowl right in the freezer. The cannabutter will rises to the top of the water after it cools... it just seems like one less step

I would just shake out the trichomes put that in butter for 5-10 minlow heat
(don't burn the butter. untill it it

mixes well. and thats it.

THEN when you get brave you can alchem the waste.. you know everclear perto eather then sulfic acid anded to a water methal ether. its on the web everywhere,

Awesome ... Awesome... But lets say that I used... Oh just some middies. How much of the cb would I need to ingest to feel good? (If I made a 1/4 of cb)

Well as you probably know there are tons and tons of different ways to make it.

I will explain my method, because, well yeah, I find it's the best :D

Ok, first off, lets make this straight once and for all, yo udo not need the best dank-kadee-dank in the whole world to make cannabutter (CB). You can use dro, mids, shwags and even trim. Yes, trim, also known as stems and leaves. If you don't feel like spending a fortune on 1/2oz to make CB ask your dealer or hookup if he can get his/her hands on trim. Also, for all you growers out there, save your trim and make some decent CB.

Put your chef hat on and let's start this.

People are always wondering how much weed and how much butter should I use.. There isn't a perfect mesurement, everyone's weed has differenct THC %. So check it, one can use 1oz of weed for 1lbs of butter, go from there. But listen, you don't have to make 1lbs of CB, you can make 1/4lbs or even 1/8lbs, whatever floasts your boat. Just make sure that once you ass your marijuana in the pot that all of it is covered by butter and that it's not thick and heavy, you still want it to be able to move around easily.

Ok, so now that you've got your butter and weed on hand this is what you need to continue:
  • 2 pots, one slightly smaller then the other one so it can fit in the 1st bigger one
  • Water
  • Wood, metal, plastic spoon
  • A container that you will put your cannabutter in
  • A filter (read below for examples) and a rubberband

In the 1st bigger pot, put some water in it and wait until it boils.
In the 2nd smaller pot, put your butter in there and place the pot over the 1st one so it *THIS IS THE TRICK* NEVER EVER EVER has a direct contact with the pure heat source. This way, your butter will melt, simmer all by itself and will NOT burn. Your only job at this point is to stir it all slightly one in a while with a wooden spoon (I find it's better then a plastic or metal) and make sure that there is always enough water in the larger pot boiling.

You can leave your pots on the stove and have it all simmer for as long as you want, just keep and eye out for it. Gradually the butter will evaporate, so don't leave it on for a whole day of course.

If your making you CB with trim, it probably won't be as potent as the with weed, but that's ok, you'll just have to put more of it in your recipe.

Ok, so once you've decided that your CB is done, let's say after 1hour+ of it simmering, take the CB pot off the larger pot, careful it's hot, and let it rest for a couple minutes (5-10) until it cools off a bit so it doesn't melt of shatter the container you will be putting it in.

Throw out the water in the larger pan, you don't need it anymore.

Next, get the glass, plastic container and any kinda of filter you can get your hands one. Once again, it can be a cheese cloth, a coffee filter, 2 layers of bounty, whatever floats your boat and is in your kitchen, house. Whatever 'filter' you use must be strong enough and has to keep the herb from falling into the finish product.

So now put the filter you decided to use on top of the container, use a rubberband to hold it into place, if it's a coffee filter you won't need the rubberband.. Slowly poor your CB on the filter and the butter should drip and the weed should stay in you filter. You can gentily use your fingers to press down onto the CB so have it all go thru.

Now seal the container and put it in the fridge. If you want it to get hard right away, put it in the freezer.

You just made cannabutter, now its up to you decide how you will enjoy it.

Great post. I used these instructions and it worked perfect. I did however find actual butter stick molds for cannabutter. Each mold turns 1 lb of butter into 4 standard butter sticks with tablespoon marks for easy measuring. These were not around when i started making butter so i figured i would share.

Product Details

:welcome: to :420:

Have you actually used this product? If so, is the mold rigid enough to support the one pound of butter without any flexing?

Oh yea. Several times. In fact we mold and store a lot of different butters in them. When your done rinse it out with soap and water and use on the next batch. Dont think it will last forever but we've used one 6 times now with no issues. Let me figure out how to upload a picture. :thumb:

:welcome: to :420:

Have you actually used this product? If so, is the mold rigid enough to support the one pound of butter without any flexing?

heres a few pics I snapped. Super sturdy.

IMAG033215.jpg
IMAG033120.jpg
IMG_20140322_191017.jpg

Wanted to say thanks for the "How To" :Namaste:

I have successfully made cannabis infused cookies, which turned out fantastic... However, eating cookies everyday (I suffer for Rheumatoid arthritis) is not ideal due to the extra calories. I recently tried another cannabutter recipe which ended up with the butter being burnt. Not sure if this was my fault or the recipe itself... But as soon as it happened... I knew :( BUT don't get me wrong... The butter still worked amazing :) just had a burnt taste to it, which wasn't great having to consume everyday.

I decided to try again and came across your recipe and method. I just wanted to drop a line saying thank you. It's sitting in the freezer as I type this and I can definitely tell that this method worked much, much better.

If I could I'd puff, puff.... Pass :bravo: thanks!!!!

Hi There!
Is it okay that I put mine in a mason jar, with my product in a clean unused fine nylon stocking knotted at both ends, in a pot of water on a simmering low burner, for about 8 hours. kinda cool it then squeeze out all the butter, put it in the fridge, then clean the bottom of debris after it cools and separates?

Wow, that was a long question!

It is very potent. I prefer it concentrated in small amount of my Almond Toca toffee I make out of it, or another concentrated favorite..a Triple Chocolate Brownie "Shake" with Vanilla Ice cream. ..

More so than when it is spread out into many items, like my Pot Corn Balls, , Chocolate Toka-nut Crisps, Fantasy Nudge Fudge.

It does not seem to matter whether I use trim or high quality product, I am baking!

Can you actually make CB with fresh trim? it has been bothering me for the last few hours... anyone has any experience with this?

Back
Top Bottom