Cannabutter - Warning Not For Beginners

Hey everyone just like to say hope everyone enjoyed there 420 yesterday!

I'd like to talk a little bit about the effects of cannabutter. I made my own yesterday with using my own strain that ive been growing for a while now. Its a very strong indica strain. The measurements I used where 4tblsp of butter and 3.5 grams of mj. But later on as water evaporated I added 2 more scoops of butter while adding more water. I let it sit on simmer for 3 hours until brown and glossy then normal steps as follows.

Any who I started out taking little scoops no more then 1.25ml on reese cups. All is well so far. Couple hours later I decided to up the size of the scoops to around 2.5ml or so spread on cinnamon buns. I had about 2-3 of them. I say about 1hour or so later I started having out of body like experiences and was tripping hard. There was laughing, then worrying, then the thoughts of my mind being else where. I'm not going to lie I was a little worried.

I started to drink alot of water about 2 bottles of 16.5 oz each bottle and ran some cold water threw out the house just incase I needed to run to the closes source. Keeping your body temp low is key if you started to have a major trip like this. Walking around also will do the trick. Keeping your mind focused and not having anything sudden happen around you is always a plus to staying focused. Also stay away from anything sharp and harmful to your self and others. Dont want you to get any crazy thoughts in your head. :laughtwo:

Just a pre warning on making sure we do things responsibly and also having the sense and the know how if ever in a situation like this. I also heard Dextromethorphan cough syrup will take the edge off right away also. Any questions or if you would like to share your editable treat stories your welcome to here!

Re: Cannabutter :Warning Not For Beginners:

The way you make you butter more details my friend more juicy details.... and this sounds like a perfect harvest party trick :p

The way you make you butter more details my friend more juicy details.... and this sounds like a perfect harvest party trick :p

1.Pot of water about 3 inches high. The mount of water doesnt matter just as long as the buds are floating a inch so they wont burn.

2.Boil the water and then add your butter. Its 4 sticks of butter per oz of weed. So I used 3.5grams per 4tblespns of butter. Which = half of stick of butter

3. After the butter melts turn the stove down to 2 dial and add your weed and let it simmer for 3 hours until the butter is thick and glossy/brown looking. Stir every so often. "Every so often your going to need to add water to the pot."

4. While this is preparing, get a cheese cloth and a tupperware bowl and fold the cheese cloth over in half then use a rubberband or twisty ties to secure the cheese cloth over the tupperware bowl.

5. After the mix is done poor the mixture over the cheese cloth into the bowl and then squeeze the remaining butter out of the cheese cloth into the bowl. Throw away the buds after this.

6. Place bowl with lid into the fridge and let the butter separate from the water and then throw the waste water out.

IMG_118813.JPG

How you make your hash? Ice method with the bags?

I cant wait to make butter with my own trim. Have you heard anything about rinsing buds/trim before making butter. To get the "green" taste out of it?

Its 4 sticks of butter per oz of weed. So I used 3.5grams per 4tblespns of butter. Which = half of stick of butter

IMG_118813.JPG

Wow! No wonder you were tripping balls. My wife makes cannabutter cookies. She uses about 2-3 grams of good strong chemdawg buds and a couple grams of toasted vaped material or defol fan leaves per one pound of butter. 1 pound of butter makes 4 dozen (48) cookies. At that strength, she eats one cookie to mitigate a migraine or two to catch a real good buzz.

Wow! No wonder you were tripping balls. My wife makes cannabutter cookies. She uses about 2-3 grams of good strong chemdawg buds and a couple grams of toasted vaped material or defol fan leaves per one pound of butter. 1 pound of butter makes 4 dozen (48) cookies. At that strength, she eats one cookie to mitigate a migraine or two to catch a real good buzz.

Yea I think I will definitely alter the amounts I use next time. I was following a forum that I had found on the net. Ill go by your wife's numbers next time. That high was way to much for me. lol

I guess I make my cookies a little strong then?... I made some butter and cookies last week, I used 2oz of weed to 1/2 pound of butter. This is the second time I made this butter ratio. I then used the butter to make 40 cookies. These were some GREAT cookies! My freinds all said they were too strong and some freinds were just eating 1/2 a cookie at a time. I like them this strong, one cookie and good night! Saturday (4/20) I decided to eat 2 cookies... wow... room was spinning, I was a drooling mess, and I dont accually remember much. I say they were perfect cookies! I wont eat 2 at the same time again but in my opinion one is just right. :)

Jonny

So this is a Public Service Announcement. :blalol:

Ya, don't ya hate it when your edibles kick your ass? :rofl:
Sounds like you had fun! :)

Wiz Your recipe is right on, I make a small batch ...1 stick butter to 1/4 oz ......same as what you said. I think that you just over indulged. Sometimes it takes 1 to 1 1`/2 hours to get off ...good luck next time

Thanks for making this info available....now I can really do my self in...ah...up! :bravo:

I guess I make my cookies a little strong then?... I made some butter and cookies last week, I used 2oz of weed to 1/2 pound of butter. This is the second time I made this butter ratio. I then used the butter to make 40 cookies. These were some GREAT cookies! My freinds all said they were too strong and some freinds were just eating 1/2 a cookie at a time. I like them this strong, one cookie and good night! Saturday (4/20) I decided to eat 2 cookies... wow... room was spinning, I was a drooling mess, and I dont accually remember much. I say they were perfect cookies! I wont eat 2 at the same time again but in my opinion one is just right. :)

Jonny

Wiz Your recipe is right on, I make a small batch ...1 stick butter to 1/4 oz ......same as what you said. I think that you just over indulged. Sometimes it takes 1 to 1 1`/2 hours to get off ...good luck next time

Tell you the truth im still feeling the kick ass in my system. Its like a little head high left. Clayhead I most certainly over indulged on the butter. Hiker I was ripped man. The first 3 seconds was fun after that I wanted to come down hahaha!!!

I just say drink alot of water before, during and after. I feel dehydration plays a huge roll when you start seeing things ha!

Recently made some cannabutter but my recipe was different...

I did 1/2 tablespoon of finely ground bud.
Melted 1 stick of butter, added the weed and let it simmer on low (stirring frequently) for 45 minutes. I used a strainer to strain out any big chunks and let the butter cool overnight.

Made brownies the next day. I'm the only one who felt anything, though. Anyone have any ideas why?

I just say drink alot of water before, during and after. I feel dehydration plays a huge roll when you start seeing things ha!

That's good advice! It's not quite the same as a particular unmentionable & dehydration risks, but none the less water won't hurt if drank in moderation ;)

That said I feel it's hardly a risk, nadda deaths in 10k years right?

OMG, LMAO!

I am a light-weight, apparently, but I don't have the opportunity to smoke/ingest a lot.
Got creatures depending on me and I get to spacey.............

what was I saying?
Oh, yeah~

The first cannabutter I made, I used about 2c. of Kush sugar and 1 pound of butter, cooked slowly on the stove,
smelled great.
Made brownies and froze the rest.
While cooking the brownies, I ate maybe 1t. of the batter.
Waited 30 minutes, light buzz. When done, I ate 1/2 of a 1" square brownie, and within 20 minutes was trippin'
hard. I couldn't finish whatever I was working on, tried doing stuff online, same problem, just
WRECKED! So I tried playing RIFT....I couldn't even figure out how to play an online game.

Jeez.

Milk will bring you down, BTW. Old timers' acid trick. (Orange Sunshine)
Drink a glass of milk, eat ice cream, yogurt, anything with calcium,
but the more it coats your stomach the better.
I went to bed and slept great.

My friend in FL uses it for a bad neck injury, cracked vertebrae~ she said she just takes a bite of
the cannabutter if she has no goodies made.

And please remember, label your edibles, don't let the kids have them.
It's medicine.
When they get old enough, they can buy their own. :p

Back
Top Bottom