CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

Graytail is a grower I follow and follow his advice. There has to be a dam college thesis paper out there some place on this, we just need to find it... LOL

I feel like between Doc Bud and Graytail you can find any piece of advice you might need. That bit graytail just told me about with the canopy depth and headroom still has my mind blown. Hahaha. I hope to some day be able to contribute as much to this community as these two have
:bravo:

Picture update!—-
F878BC05-7957-4E17-B4CF-09C64244BE85.jpeg
CB9C8B4C-C839-45D4-BEE4-9AA501BBAE00.jpeg
60E32125-2C97-41E7-B1AB-C92B7DC492E8.jpeg
6B6A4ED8-16D8-4775-9B5E-79248971D937.jpeg
814C8C75-E5E7-4CE2-A638-D658DA501DD0.jpeg
1348159A-64B1-43BF-B061-A6AF3F946BB0.jpeg

No action taken this morning, just pictures to show improvement from rescue drench/ recovery from cold night.
SKD has two dying fan leaves I am thinking I might remove today because they seem to be be preventing new growth. Or at least that is my current theory as to SKDs weird side branching..
Overall I have seen great improvement from the rescue drench. But the biggest improvement came when I got the WiFi weather sensor and discovered the temp was higher than previously thought. The cold night seemed to be only a minor setback, perhaps stunting growth for a short while. But the new growth is looking better than ever before now!

Thanks ween! I will go ahead with the pruning when nap time rolls around then.
By the way, I love ween. Didn’t know anyone else really knew of them. Haha

Awesome CD! They've been one of my favorite bands for some time. My band has played shows with side projects from ween which was fun and a highlight!

Have a Rocklin day!

:theband:

Morning Cannadad

I am currently doing a promix HP grow.

Little bit different but like what i see in your plants. Come check out my grow started 2+ weeks ago,

Slylikeafox Promix Soil Cali/OG Kush 70% Sativa - 2018

Like you i`m a NOOBEY and just working on my first grow. making some of the same mistakes lol. i guess thats what we do.

Morning sly! Good looking garden you got there! And yea I think some mistakes you just have to make yourself, just part of the learning process. At least that is how it is for me! Hahaha

Picture update!!——
So with the website update it has been a little while since last update. These pictures are from two days ago. AML first two, SKD the third and POK the last pic.
I want to reiterate that POK is a bag seed most likely from hermie. I’m not sure I want to deal with a hermaphrodite in the tent on my first grow, so this will likely be culled in the end anyways. SKD showed good improvement and AML really took off. I will have a more current update in a little bit with current pictures.

Current update——
So I took pictures of just AML this morning because I am noticing some tacoing of the leaves. I don’t believe heat ever got out of hand, RH gets up to around 68% at night with the higher humidity we have been having, then down to about 56% lights on. Temps only drop to about 70 at night, 78 lights on. Tacoing seems to be all on new growth towards the top. My guess is possible mag deficiency? One leaf has a little rust spot and the petioles are purple. Today she turned 4 weeks old and is ready for her first drench I think. She did get half a cup of transplant around the edge, just leftover from POK and SKD last drench. I am just wondering if GE or transplant would be better for AML’s first drench? POK and SKD are due for GE when they are dry, probably tomorrow. Thanks for all the help folks! Now for pictures of AML

Morning Canna

Plants are looking pretty good this morning. i notice your plants have a lot of growth between the nodes. would this be because your plants are stretching towards the light?

Morning sly, POK certainly has a lot of stretching. It stretched high as a seedling under cfl. But this is a strain bred by a friend, and a seed from a bag at that. He said this phenotype is very lanky (he grows outdoors) so I knew originally that this plant most likely would not make it to flower. Plus he said it is a hermie seed, so it will carry that trait..
SKD and AML seem to have much less stretch, if any. SKD seems to have a problem branching out further in fact. It has healthy new growth from the top, but it won’t really branch out much. Probably not really anything to worry about, but I have been keeping an eye on it.

Hey CD! Please wait for Doc or another experienced brixxer but my guess is Doc will say TP becauseit will promote the roots. I don't think the tacoing or rust is much of an issue. Have you Brixed yet and if so, what strength?

:passitleft:

Hey ween! Sorry for slow response, got my first client for processing trim! Been pressing away and haven’t had time for updates...

I have in fact brixed but not for a while... I jumped the gun on foliar spraying and have held off thus far now. I believe POK and SKD are ready for some Brix soon though. Both have had some de stress about a week ago.

Full update coming later tonight hopefully

Morning CD

Looked in on my girls this morning and since topping they have spread wider instead of going taller. i think i may try adding the bloom switch to see if that makes a difference.

So many choices HAHA

Keep it Frosty :cool:

Let me know how it works! I couldn’t cull the POK and decided to use its lankyness to my advantage... I have pictures coming later tonight to explain. Hahaha

Finally an update!—-
Sorry it’s been a while folks, was busy processing some trim for a fellow grower.

So a lot has changed since the last update. SKD and POK were transplanted to their 7 gal pots and watered lightly with transplant. They have since had a GE drench as well and tonight watered with straight RO. I didn’t have the heart to throw out the POK because it is looking so healthy now. I did not want to worry about it hermaphroditing on the other two girls though, so I pulled her out and put her in the veg tent to flower since it wasn’t being used (and not needed until clones are taken). So POK is flowering a little ahead of schedule on her own, SKD had slow growth after first transplant and I decided to hold her back and flower her with AML when she is ready.

Purple stem problems— I have had purple stems and petioles since almost the beginning. Like a noob I only identified it a couple weeks ago. I now have daytime temps up to a consistent 82-84 and nighttime at 77. (Flower tent with AML,SKD) POK sits around 80-82 in the open air “tent” and again 77 at night (love that heater). Personally I thought these temps were much too high, but I saw Docs recommendation countless times to raise temps a couple degrees in this situation. Temps have been up for almost a week now and the girls seem to be loving it. I am noticing more green on the top growth of POK especially, I will try to get close pics of that tomorrow too. Temps in the tent got up around 86-88 one of the first nights and I saw taco leaves, they went away when temps leveled around 83. So this seems to be a good temp I would think yea?

POK is my Franken plant in the rolling veg tent. I need to tie it down a little further again and then tie down the two secondary branches. But overall it is surprisingly looking really great! The leaves have gotten much darker and it has definitely started the stretch phase of flowering!

SKD needs a pruning soon I think, but this is one area I feel I could use a little more info on. When do you guys pull out the pruners? Dead fan leaves, lower branches, not getting any light. When do you guys decide to remove them? All advice appreciated! (Mostly Veg pruning is my main concern)

Sorry I don’t have specifics for dates or amounts, I don’t have my calendar with me. But they got RO with 1/4 transplant tonight and will be up for GE next. I expect to do a de stress tomorrow morning for SKD and POK possibly AML as well? But I am wondering when you guys typically do the first Brix spraying? I believe in darkscotias journal they did the first Brix spraying around flip? Or am I mistaken?

So that’s where I am at, sorry for the long rant. Have a good night and thanks for helping out!

Pardon the mess here in the pictures, I was just reorganizing when I watered... haha... stoners.

Hey CD! They're looking fantastic! Nice work! :high-five:

I believe the benchmark for first,Brix is 5 nodes, it's usually around week 3 I think so you can definately Brix. De stress is only needed if your plants are stressed. dont make it too strong, I use 1ml of Brix per oz of h2o and 2 or 3 oz will be plenty for your girls.

Reading through your post, it seems like they've had a GE and one coming up,but I only see the light transplant drench at transplant so I'm thinking you might want to give em a nice translate drench next....? Hopefully someone else will chime in about that. Drenching reccomendations have been upped from .5-1mll per gal of soil to 1-2ml per gal, I've been giving 2ml per gal for each #15 or a full oz!

Is that tall thing in the corner just a fan or does it also provide heat?

Rock on!

:theband:

Thanks ween! Exactly what I was looking for. Brix at 5 nodes. SKD and POK will get a Brix in a couple days, getting de stress today.

Good catch on the GE! I totally meant to say a transplant drench. AML will be ready for that in the next few days and SKD and POK a few after that I imagine.

The tall thing in the back is just a tower fan I had to steal for the tent when the temps got so high (plugged in the veg light and the whole pod went up to 80, 82 in veg tent, 86 in flower tent) moving the small fan to the veg tent and adding the tower fan to the flower tent brought temps down to a perfect range. It took me practically two days to figure that out, battling high temps all day with both lights on. Can’t believe it was circulation fans that fixed the problem... just goes to show that nothing can be overlooked. Worked out perfect in the end though, brought temps up a few degrees. I will be checking back in with an update on the purple stems to see if the higher temps are helping

Back
Top Bottom