CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

Hey CD, yes, Brix up until a couple days before chop, no more snake oil and destress only as needed. I almost never give it. Brix is supposed to be every 7-10 days and I usually do it right around 10-14 days.

Looking fan-fugu-tastic! :high-five:

:ganjamon:

Got another brix in today. I had only held off because I thought they were just about done. Turns out they have plenty of time :Namaste:

Update—-
Today marks 9 weeks of flowering. They have both been given only GE or straight water for the last week or two. SKD has very few white pistils left now and is losing more fan leaves now. AML still has quite a few white pistils but has also been losing a lot of fan leaves now. AML is growing in a very “chunky” pattern now, I am wondering if anyone thinks this is “Fox tailing”? Most of the white pistils come from where the bud has gotten chunky. AML is on the other side of the tent from the fresh air intake... so it is possible that it is not getting enough of the cooler intake air... but I am not making any changes at the end now. I will do some temp tests before the new girls go in the tent and see how much of a difference there is across the tent.

At this point it does look like SKD will be done before AML, which would be great for trimming for me. I work most of Tuesday and Thursday-Saturday, so I am hoping to harvest either Wednesday or next Sunday. Maybe do SKD on Wednesday and AML Sunday?

Picture time

Yep, AML is going into another bloom surge. :slide: It'll probably last another 10-14 days if you want to wait it out. I'd examine the trichs as closely as I could, all over the plant, and decide if it looks good enough to wait out another surge. If you see a lot of amber, or if you see it in newish growth, then you might want to chop it sooner. It's kinda nice - you get a wide window to work with. It'll be growing more fresh calyxes every day while you mull it over.

Very nice fade, BTW. :bravo: SKD looks perfect for chop.

Yep, AML is going into another bloom surge. :slide: It'll probably last another 10-14 days if you want to wait it out. I'd examine the trichs as closely as I could, all over the plant, and decide if it looks good enough to wait out another surge. If you see a lot of amber, or if you see it in newish growth, then you might want to chop it sooner. It's kinda nice - you get a wide window to work with. It'll be growing more fresh calyxes every day while you mull it over.

Very nice fade, BTW. :bravo: SKD looks perfect for chop.

Thank you graytail! I will have to check AML over really well and figure out a good time for her. Packing on more weight def sounds awesome, but I also love a good clean head high.
Do you think tomorrow morning before lights on would be ok to harvest? Or should I wait until Wednesday? I am going to check trichomes tonight when I have a chance and I will post those pics as well. Thank you again graytail
:Namaste:

Thank you graytail! I will have to check AML over really well and figure out a good time for her. Packing on more weight def sounds awesome, but I also love a good clean head high.
Do you think tomorrow morning before lights on would be ok to harvest? Or should I wait until Wednesday? I am going to check trichomes tonight when I have a chance and I will post those pics as well. Thank you again graytail

Sorry to be clear I meant harvesting SKD tomorrow morning or Wednesday

Finally an update—-
Hey guys sorry for the long wait, been extremely busy with work and kiddos.
SKD was harvested on Monday and is almost getting close to dry now. I plan to trim tonight and leave hanging until small stems snap, then into jars. Smell was fantastic the first few days of drying, but now has a bit more of a hay smell. Is that normal or is there a problem with the way it is drying?
Now for AML..
So we had a big warm up here right around when I harvested SKD. Temps got way too high (87) in the tent for AML a couple days while I was at work. I came home to a few branches folded over on AML on Wednesday and harvested them. There is little to no smell on those AML buds, I imagine the terps were burned off in the high heat... AML is starting to gain a little smell back now that the heat has been handled, but I plan to harvest tomorrow morning. I am hoping this morning when I open the tent there is a bit more stench. Hahaha
Overall I am very impressed with SKD. The bud density, smell, and look are all really great. I just hope the smell returns in the curing process. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the terrible pictures of the SKD buds, I will try to get some better pics when I am trimming tonight. The AML pic is also from Wednesday, so not the most current...

Finally an update—-
Hey guys sorry for the long wait, been extremely busy with work and kiddos.
SKD was harvested on Monday and is almost getting close to dry now. I plan to trim tonight and leave hanging until small stems snap, then into jars. Smell was fantastic the first few days of drying, but now has a bit more of a hay smell. Is that normal or is there a problem with the way it is drying?
Now for AML..
So we had a big warm up here right around when I harvested SKD. Temps got way too high (87) in the tent for AML a couple days while I was at work. I came home to a few branches folded over on AML on Wednesday and harvested them. There is little to no smell on those AML buds, I imagine the terps were burned off in the high heat... AML is starting to gain a little smell back now that the heat has been handled, but I plan to harvest tomorrow morning. I am hoping this morning when I open the tent there is a bit more stench. Hahaha
Overall I am very impressed with SKD. The bud density, smell, and look are all really great. I just hope the smell returns in the curing process. What do you guys think?

Sorry for the terrible pictures of the SKD buds, I will try to get some better pics when I am trimming tonight. The AML pic is also from Wednesday, so not the most current...
The smell will come back....on both. Just don't jar them wet. Let them dry patiently.

Looking awesome CD! Congrats on the very fine harvest! I'm wondering if that hay smell is the bigger fan leaves if you left some on....? When I harvest, I chop, wash, trim and hang. I'm sure the smell will come back.

:passitleft:
Thanks ween! I think you are right with the fan leaves. I removed most of the fan leaves, but could not access them all. I wanted to try both wet trimming and dry trimming, so SKD was dry trimmed and I plan to wet trim AML at harvest. Small stems on SKD are close to snapping now and today marks 7 days of drying. I trimmed SKD on the stems last night and hung in the box again to finish drying. The smell was overpowering while trimming last night, so I am not worried a bit about SKD now. Hahaha just can’t wait to try it now!
Do you do your whole harvest process in one night and then leave to hang? That is my plan for AML minus the wash

The smell will come back....on both. Just don't jar them wet. Let them dry patiently.

Thanks Doc! The smell on SKD is amazing. My wife said her nose was tickling when I was trimming in the House last night. AML is smelling much better now as well. SKD has dried for 7 days now and almost ready for jars. How long do you dry before jarring on average? Or rather how many days is your goal for drying? Thank you immensely Doc!

Hey CD. What temps and rh are you drying at? The longest I've gone is 5 days and it's usually 4. I dry in the tent I grew them in or my smaller tent if they will fit and temps are 65-68 (I know not perfect but it works for me) and try to keep rh at 50-60. I think these numbers are about right. I think going til small stems snap may be a little much but I've read the longer/slower you can dry them the better. I give the buds a little squeeze, outside should be a little crispy but not too much and buds should have a firm sponginess to them, if you're not sure pluck a bud, roll a j and if it stays lit, you're good to go. I'm sure everyone does it a little different and this is just the method I picked up from some of the fine members on this here mag.

I've always processed my whole harvest at once. My last one took over 10 hours. It was 3 plants and wound up being over 18 zips. After that, I will probably try to stagger my harvests!

Happy Memorial Day.

Hey CD. What temps and rh are you drying at? The longest I've gone is 5 days and it's usually 4. I dry in the tent I grew them in or my smaller tent if they will fit and temps are 65-68 (I know not perfect but it works for me) and try to keep rh at 50-60. I think these numbers are about right. I think going til small stems snap may be a little much but I've read the longer/slower you can dry them the better. I give the buds a little squeeze, outside should be a little crispy but not too much and buds should have a firm sponginess to them, if you're not sure pluck a bud, roll a j and if it stays lit, you're good to go. I'm sure everyone does it a little different and this is just the method I picked up from some of the fine members on this here mag.

I've always processed my whole harvest at once. My last one took over 10 hours. It was 3 plants and wound up being over 18 zips. After that, I will probably try to stagger my harvests!

Happy Memorial Day.

Thanks ween! I have also heard the slower the better, that’s when I built the drying box. Pretty low humidity here often. So I have a filing cabinet (2 actually) with two computer fans each. One fan runs constant pointing at the wall and the other exhausts when humidity hits 55%. Temperature is just the temp of the house though (65-75 so far).

My process was to cut when lights came on (10am) and hang large branches until 8pm when I was off work and kiddos asleep. We then cut them down to smaller branches and removed most of the fan leaves and then hung them in the drying cabinet. They dried for about 5 days in the cabinet before we trimmed sugar leaves (will seriously consider wet trimming after that..) and then I let them dry for another day in the cabinet before cutting them off the stems and into jars. After 24 hrs in the jar they feel much more moist than when we put them in the jars.
I have been opening the jars twice a day for 5 minutes. Does that seem about right to you?
Thanks for your help ween. Will be doing a full update later tonight too

Update—
SKD is all jarred up and looking and smelling great. I haven’t yet weighed it, but I will at the end of curing.
AML will be harvested this morning, mostly because I need the tent space and would like to clean it before the next round as well. I plan to cut and hang until tonight and then do a full wet trim before hanging in the drying cabinet. I am still planning to have it exhaust at 58% humidity, would it make sense to bump that to even 60% being that I will have removed all leaves?

Oh and the smell has def come back on both. Haha

Will add pictures of AML tonight too

Update—
SKD is all jarred up and looking and smelling great. I haven’t yet weighed it, but I will at the end of curing.
AML will be harvested this morning, mostly because I need the tent space and would like to clean it before the next round as well. I plan to cut and hang until tonight and then do a full wet trim before hanging in the drying cabinet. I am still planning to have it exhaust at 58% humidity, would it make sense to bump that to even 60% being that I will have removed all leaves?

Oh and the smell has def come back on both. Haha

Will add pictures of AML tonight too
:goodjob::green_heart:

Weight update—-
I weighed up SKD the other night and it totaled 6.2 oz. The smell is wonderful. It is a very rich smell with many different aromas. It is hard to describe, but I feel like most bud I smoke really only has one or two terpenes that really stand out. But I feel like this Skunk Diesel has numerous terpenes and smells. I can’t wait to try it! Only a week and a half into curing though, and I don’t plan to try even the small buds until at least 2-3 weeks into curing.

The couple branches that fell on Amnesia Lemon are also curing, few days behind SKD. Has a very peppery and herby smell to it. The buds are quite large and dense too. Got 2 oz from the couple branches that fell, at least 4 I’m sure currently drying. Today makes 8 days drying and stems are just starting to snap, but not clean off. I plan to jar them tonight making it almost 9 days drying. I will update again when I weigh the last of AML with a grand total from this grow.
Thank you everyone for all of the great help with this grow!
Now for a picture of the SKD buds

Back
Top Bottom