CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

Someone else should confirm but I'm pretty sure you can cat over the EWC recharge and your buds are set and ready for it.

Looking awesome CD!

:high-five:

Thanks ween! Getting excited to see what these cat drenches do! Just out of curiosity, what EWC do you use? I used unco wiggle worm when cooking the soil, but I am wondering if there is a better option out there?

Update—-
Both AML and SKD got recharge EWC and their first cat drenches yesterday morning. I scratched roughly a 1/4 cup of recharge into the soil, covered with a solo cup of EWC, and then watered in with cat drench mixed at 14ml cat and 1.5 ml tea to 2 gallons RO. I saw on another thread to use 1/8th cup of recharge, but doc also says to split it between six plants in 7 gal pots I thought? I just roughly split it into sixths, but looking at the bag again I feel like I might have shorted them on the recharge a bit. Overall they are looking beautiful to me though, and they have my friend convinced to drop hydro and PHing everything. Hahahaha so they must be looking alright.

No action has been taken on RSC and MAN seedlings thus far. Just soaked soil and planted seeds.

Picture time!

Let me know if I could have done anything better with the recharge cat and EWC. Thanks folks!
:Namaste:

Update—- SKD was ready for her 2nd cat today. Mixed 15 ml cat and 1.5 ml tea into 2 gal water and slowly top watered. 8 cups were dumped in tray to soak up. Buds are looking great and very frosty.

Yesterday I noticed a little bit of leaf curling on both AML and SKD. I did notice the temp got up to 82 the previous morning, typically 80 is the high. Before I got the heat under better control I noticed that AML was much more affected by high heat then SKD. However this time it seems SKD has much more curling leaves. Is it possible this is a deficiency caused by my late recharge and EWC? Or is it most likely the one hour or so of high heat? ( which was also the first hours of lights on...)

AML should be ready for her 2nd cat tomorrow. She dries out in 4 days typically and SKD in 3. I am due for a brix spraying today for both, but I was thinking I would spray AML today and then do SKD tomorrow as to not overload them with foliar and drench on the same day. Seem like a good idea?

Thanks again for all the help!
Now for pictures

Have you used any WayAhead (Snake oil?) yet? It looks like you're getting some Mag def. 82 isn't "hot", so I don't think that's the primary cause. If it was over 85 I might blame heat, or if you're running humidity in the 30s.

Have you used any WayAhead (Snake oil?) yet? It looks like you're getting some Mag def. 82 isn't "hot", so I don't think that's the primary cause. If it was over 85 I might blame heat, or if you're running humidity in the 30s.

I have not, just what comes in the kit. But maybe I should pick some up. I will read up on that tonight and probably order some. Humidity is at 45% consistently unless I just watered. I didn’t think this seemed like heat stress at all. So I’m sure it is a mag deficiency. Could this possibly be caused by recharging too late?
Thank you again graytail

Snake oil has been ordered. Both plants are due for their brix spray. Should I hold off the couple days to add the snake oil? Or should I just go ahead with a brix spraying and then hit them with another one with snake oil added when that gets here? My gut says to hit them twice if they are showing deficiencies, but I also know that the foliar sprays are pretty loaded too...

I don't think Doc recommends using snake oil while flowering, use only a couple times around transplant stage.

Good point. I haven't used it yet, myself. It has trace minerals, including a good dose of Mag, and I've heard Doc advise it for that. :hmmmm: Probably should ask him.

I'd hold off on Brix for now - I'd be more likely to give 'em some DeStress, again for the Mag in it.

Good point. I haven't used it yet, myself. It has trace minerals, including a good dose of Mag, and I've heard Doc advise it for that. :hmmmm: Probably should ask him.

I'd hold off on Brix for now - I'd be more likely to give 'em some DeStress, again for the Mag in it.

After someone mentioned not using leaf wash during flowering, I confirmed with Doc.

He commented he didn't like spraying oil on trichs, maybe it is for similar reasons.

Ahhh, yes I remember now, oils being substances that dissolve trichs - no bueno. :oops:

Not fully sure kb but think it's a week in the fridge....? Anyone.....Bueller? I simply mix up what I'm gonna use each time, usually not much, 3 or 4 smaller plants it's 3 or 4 oz of water with 3 or 4 ml of brix and with 3 big plants and the 5 smaller ones I've been doing 8oz/8ml. Destress is 1/2 as strong.

Update—- SKD was ready for her 2nd cat today. Mixed 15 ml cat and 1.5 ml tea into 2 gal water and slowly top watered. 8 cups were dumped in tray to soak up. Buds are looking great and very frosty.

Yesterday I noticed a little bit of leaf curling on both AML and SKD. I did notice the temp got up to 82 the previous morning, typically 80 is the high. Before I got the heat under better control I noticed that AML was much more affected by high heat then SKD. However this time it seems SKD has much more curling leaves. Is it possible this is a deficiency caused by my late recharge and EWC? Or is it most likely the one hour or so of high heat? ( which was also the first hours of lights on...)

AML should be ready for her 2nd cat tomorrow. She dries out in 4 days typically and SKD in 3. I am due for a brix spraying today for both, but I was thinking I would spray AML today and then do SKD tomorrow as to not overload them with foliar and drench on the same day. Seem like a good idea?

Thanks again for all the help!
Now for pictures

Hold off on the foliars for a few days after the second Cat drench. Mix up the second Cat about 30% weaker than the first one.

When you do foliar spray....about midway between Cat#2 and the next water/drench.....add 1/4 oz Snake Oil to 1 oz Brix in 1 quart RO.

I have not, just what comes in the kit. But maybe I should pick some up. I will read up on that tonight and probably order some. Humidity is at 45% consistently unless I just watered. I didn’t think this seemed like heat stress at all. So I’m sure it is a mag deficiency. Could this possibly be caused by recharging too late?
Thank you again graytail

It's not a mag deficiency....it's got more to do with the minerals added the same day as the drench, as the same day as a foliar spray.

It will most likely straighten out.

Update—
De stress was sprayed today. Holding off on brix until Thursday or Friday maybe. Leaf curling has gotten a little bit worse. Would anyone recommend adding any cal mag? My RO water tests at 5 ppm if that matters.

AML still isn’t quite dry enough surprisingly, so her 2nd cat will be tomorrow.

Please don't go down the "deficiency" rabbit hole. It's because the roots are shocked with all the minerals, drenches and foliars all at once.

No more foliars for about 10 days, then do Brix and Snake Oil.

Mix up the second Cat 30% weaker than the first.

FWIW, I think your Cat Drench is a tad late, as is the Recharge, but that isn't what's giving you the taco. Pay attention to the resin formation and you'll find that the plant has gone into turbo-overdrive and the magnesium demand is super high, while the roots are a tad unhappy.

They'll come back around. Have patience and please don't go adding a bunch of crap.

Back
Top Bottom