CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

Please don't go down the "deficiency" rabbit hole. It's because the roots are shocked with all the minerals, drenches and foliars all at once.

No more foliars for about 10 days, then do Brix and Snake Oil.

Mix up the second Cat 30% weaker than the first.

FWIW, I think your Cat Drench is a tad late, as is the Recharge, but that isn't what's giving you the taco. Pay attention to the resin formation and you'll find that the plant has gone into turbo-overdrive and the magnesium demand is super high, while the roots are a tad unhappy.

They'll come back around. Have patience and please don't go adding a bunch of crap.

Thanks for straightening us out doc. I would never add anything to the kit unless you recommended me to. They did get a light de stress before I had seen your reply’s... but I will just be watching and waiting after AML’s second cat mixed 30% weaker.
Snake oil is in the mail along with more transplant drench. I will mix up snake oil and brix and spray them next week per docs instructions, being sure to avoid the buds as much as possible. (Because oil on trichs not good right?)
And you are correct Doc, resin production has been off the charts the last couple days.

Lesson learned here though, I will be sure to get recharge in between 2-3 weeks flower and then cat 3-4 weeks flower. Does that sound reasonable?

I just want to say that overall both plants are looking fantastic. My friends first grow with hydro definitely was not going this well. This kit really is pretty hard to actually mess up a crop.
Thanks again Doc!
I will do my best to exercise more patience... :Namaste:

Thanks for straightening us out doc. I would never add anything to the kit unless you recommended me to. They did get a light de stress before I had seen your reply’s... but I will just be watching and waiting after AML’s second cat mixed 30% weaker.
Snake oil is in the mail along with more transplant drench. I will mix up snake oil and brix and spray them next week per docs instructions, being sure to avoid the buds as much as possible. (Because oil on trichs not good right?)
And you are correct Doc, resin production has been off the charts the last couple days.

Lesson learned here though, I will be sure to get recharge in between 2-3 weeks flower and then cat 3-4 weeks flower. Does that sound reasonable?

I just want to say that overall both plants are looking fantastic. My friends first grow with hydro definitely was not going this well. This kit really is pretty hard to actually mess up a crop.
Thanks again Doc!
I will do my best to exercise more patience... :Namaste:

You can spray Snake Oil on buds....it's not really oil! The only product I don't like to use on trichomes is Leaf Wash.

Update—-
I did the snake oil and brix spraying this morning. Mixed at 6 ml brix 1.5 ml snake oil and 180 ml RO. I got a new sprayer so I can actually reach all the leaves easier. The solo 420 model with the directional wand sprayer. I can get all the leaves, but it is not nearly as fine a mist as the flairisol sprayer was... anywho I will take some pics tomorrow morning, but there hasn’t been much change in appearance since last pics.

Oh and the seedlings are doing great, nothing but water around the edge a couple times so far. Pics tonight or tomorrow.

Quick pic update—

Tacoing leaves have not gotten any worse which I take as a good sign. Buds are getting frostier every day.

Now for the pics

AML will get straight RO tomorrow morning and SKD should be dry enough for her GE drench in the next day or two.

Just to be clear, I should be watering a little more often when soil is still “slightly moist” now, correct? Should I water with less water more often essentially? Thanks folks

It helps if you can lift the pot and get a feel for where the weight is. Does it seem bottom heavy? Top heavy? Balanced? That'll give you a better idea of how it needs to be watered. If it's bottom heavy and the top soil is dry, then you slowly pour about half the usual amount over the top. If it's top heavy, you need a good soak.

It helps if you can lift the pot and get a feel for where the weight is. Does it seem bottom heavy? Top heavy? Balanced? That'll give you a better idea of how it needs to be watered. If it's bottom heavy and the top soil is dry, then you slowly pour about half the usual amount over the top. If it's top heavy, you need a good soak.

Brilliant! I never considered that. If you use less water to water just the top would you also drop the amount of drench added as well? Or continue to follow the ml per gallon of soil recommendation? For example I have been adding 10-14 ml drench to 2 gal RO. If I do 1 gal RO should I maybe only do about 7 ml drench? Or continue with the 10-14?

Thank you again graytail. You have been a tremendous help this entire grow. :thanks:

You're entirely welcome. :)

We're feeding the soil, so in theory, the dose should remain the same. Then again, if they're not drinking, do we keep loading the soil? :hmmmm:

But if you're just keeping the rootball moist between drenches, then that should be just water or 1/4 Trans. Drenches should be a good soak with full dosages, alternating with water or 1/4 Trans.

You shouldn't be keeping the rootball moist with drenches. Did I make sense? I'm a lil buzzed.

You're entirely welcome. :)

We're feeding the soil, so in theory, the dose should remain the same. Then again, if they're not drinking, do we keep loading the soil? :hmmmm:

But if you're just keeping the rootball moist between drenches, then that should be just water or 1/4 Trans. Drenches should be a good soak with full dosages, alternating with water or 1/4 Trans.

You shouldn't be keeping the rootball moist with drenches. Did I make sense? I'm a lil buzzed.

Totally making sense, and now that you say it I feel a little foolish for not figuring that out. Hahaha.

Update—-
Let’s start out with some pictures this time

AML got a GE drench today mixed at 10ml GE and 1ml tea to 2 gals RO.
SKD got 1 gal RO to hold her over until her transplant drench.
MAN and RSC both got a little water dribbled around outside of pot.

The leaf rolling has not progressed any more to my knowledge. I can’t imagine that those leafs will come back to life at this point, but both plants are coming along nicely. Buds are starting to fatten up a bit more and trichomes coming in all over.

My only question with this update is how much defoliation would you guys recommend?

My thoughts are it might make sense to remove some of the leaves that are yellow and rolled to allow more penetration to leaves that were not as affected. Throw some opinions and info at me HB fam!

Thanks again for everyone’s help with my first grow. This is the best subset of growers I have ever had the privilege to talk to.
:Namaste::thanks:

Hey CD! You got that right, the brix crew rules! Your ladies are looking great! I like to clip off dying leaves but that just me. Leave as many as you can and opt to tuck when you can. Question, are those readings correct th low of 12 and high of 99 and temp low/high 44/89?

:passitleft:

Thanks man! I will probably take out a few of the more affected leaves tomorrow, so far I have only tucked them under as best I could.
It took me a minute to figure out where those numbers came from. Haha. But no that is from when I was getting a reading outside of the pod in the basement. But thanks for reminding me to reset it! Hahaha

Thanks ween! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom