CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

That would be great, I am not quite prepared for them to be done. I just noticed amber in the trichomes tonight and kind of panicked. Haha but the bud pics were from Friday, there are still a few white pistils, but not many. They are both still drinking.

I will try to get better pics with the microscope tomorrow and pics of the buds. I can’t see much with the jewelers loupe I have either.. but the amber was definitely popping up when I used the microscope. Thanks again ween!

Wait another two weeks. Let them grow and mature. No goofy tricks of folklore....let them grow and mature properly.

Wait another two weeks. Let them grow and mature. No goofy tricks of folklore....let them grow and mature properly.

Exactly why I have not researched it yet, it seemed kind of odd and unnatural. Haha. I got the microscope out again today though and I found a lot more that are clear or cloudy than I did last night.
Pics from today

With these current pics would you still recommend roughly 2 weeks? Thank you Doc

I'd say so, looking fantastic! Those buds are going too swell a whole lot more and you will be really happy!

:bravo:
Thanks man!! I am going to need to add more supports if they keep swelling! Not a bad problem to have at all :D
I better find something better for checking trichomes though. The camera microscope works, but it requires kind of mashing it into the bud to really check :oops:

Anyone have any recommendations for checking the trichomes? I have a hard time telling clear or cloudy with a 30x jewelers loupe as well

30x won't do it - you need more magnification. I have a 30/60X loupe that will show amber trichs at 30x which turn into reflections from brown pistils when I go to 60x.

Find something with 60x or more. :Namaste: There's a cheap 30/60 handheld one at the 'Zon or 'Bay.

30x won't do it - you need more magnification. I have a 30/60X loupe that will show amber trichs at 30x which turn into reflections from brown pistils when I go to 60x.

Find something with 60x or more. :Namaste: There's a cheap 30/60 handheld one at the 'Zon or 'Bay.

Awesome I will have to pick something up soon. Thanks man :Namaste:

I have two ...a nice stainless steel 30X...works OK outside in sunshine...was about 30 or 40 bucks...but then my eyes got older, and I got a little plastic 45X with a small led light...it works real well, especially inside...was under 10 bucks on the Zon'...nice looking girls btw!...:thumb:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

the one on the right is my go to loupe...Ya' can prolly find more powerful as well...

Hi JM,

No, I don't do the dark thing. I try to harvest right before the lights come on and I keep a light on the buds for 48 hours after harvest/wash/hang.

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing the dark thing.....I just don't think it's necessary.

As for amber triches, I simply don't get them. Mine get cloudy and stay that way.

Fascinating! Do you just harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy then? Or do you just harvest when you feel they are done?

Fascinating! Do you just harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy then? Or do you just harvest when you feel they are done?

I look at it as if there's a Harvest Window.....When the plant stops drinking so much and the formation of new pistils stops we're almost in the window. Days away.

When the pistils are all red and many have receded into the swelling calyxes, the window is open.

When the plants aren't doing anything but losing fan leaves but the buds are still healthy looking we're right in the middle of the window.

When the buds start to shoot out new green, leafy growth, we're a couple days too late. It's a matter of personal preference as to when you harvest, but be warned, if you're High Brix you may not see amber triches.

I look at it as if there's a Harvest Window.....When the plant stops drinking so much and the formation of new pistils stops we're almost in the window. Days away.

When the pistils are all red and many have receded into the swelling calyxes, the window is open.

When the plants aren't doing anything but losing fan leaves but the buds are still healthy looking we're right in the middle of the window.

When the buds start to shoot out new green, leafy growth, we're a couple days too late. It's a matter of personal preference as to when you harvest, but be warned, if you're High Brix you may not see amber triches.

I wish I would have known that a good while ago. I was starting to think I was color blind to amber... LOL

Always a wealth of knowledge, thank you again Doc. I will be watching the plants more than the trichomes now. And hopefully after a few grows I won’t have any amber in mine either!

Are there any pre harvest tips or tricks you do besides harvesting before lights on? And what is the purpose of leaving the lights on after harvest/wash? To help dry them up a bit after wash?

I have two ...a nice stainless steel 30X...works OK outside in sunshine...was about 30 or 40 bucks...but then my eyes got older, and I got a little plastic 45X with a small led light...it works real well, especially inside...was under 10 bucks on the Zon'...nice looking girls btw!...:thumb:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

the one on the right is my go to loupe...Ya' can prolly find more powerful as well...

Thanks hook! I am going to look into that microscope you have there. Do you have to press it into the bud to get a clear view of the trichomes?

I also have one of those that plugs into my lappy, but have to bring a bud into the house tho and set it it up on the table,because its very motion sensitive...I believe its 500X...this was taken probably an inch(maybe less?) away...

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

Quick pic update

Today marks 8 weeks in flower. Still a few white pistils but they seem to be drinking a bit slower now. Some fan leaves are yellowing, but not all of them. I am hoping they will be done by next Sunday. Is that just wishful thinking at this point? Thanks folks. Oh and I had to improvise and use a plank of wood to hold up one side of SKD. Not ideal, but it will work for now

Quick pic update

Today marks 8 weeks in flower. Still a few white pistils but they seem to be drinking a bit slower now. Some fan leaves are yellowing, but not all of them. I am hoping they will be done by next Sunday. Is that just wishful thinking at this point? Thanks folks. Oh and I had to improvise and use a plank of wood to hold up one side of SKD. Not ideal, but it will work for now

A week from today would be an early harvest IMO. 10 days to 2 weeks looks about right, but personal preference and convenience plays a role too.

I see calyx's in there that want to swell up. GE from here on out. Feel free to really flush the pots. Keep the humidity about 50%.....not much less, not much more.

A week from today would be an early harvest IMO. 10 days to 2 weeks looks about right, but personal preference and convenience plays a role too.

I see calyx's in there that want to swell up. GE from here on out. Feel free to really flush the pots. Keep the humidity about 50%.....not much less, not much more.

Awesome. They both had GE last and I will continue with that. I had dropped humidity down to 45%, but I will bring it back up to 50% per your recommendation.
Would you recommend any foliar sprays at this point? It has been 15 days since brix/snake oil spray, even longer for de stress

Back
Top Bottom