CannaDad's First Grow - Vero COB LED

Congrats CD! Had fun watching this one from the shadows.

...When's the next grow start?

...Have you noticed the smell changing as they cure?

Great grow.

Thanks Stoney!! Glad to have you here, sorry I haven’t really updated much lately... just waiting on the cure for final testing, but it is looking really good! I will post an update when SKD is done curing in about a week with final weights and analysis. AML will be about two weeks after that.

AML is the one I was worried about the smell with. But it is smelling better every day now. Developing more of a sweet smell now and not just earthy and herby.

My next grow is actually currently underway. One week into flower right now. I decided to take a cycle off from doing a grow journal, but I plan to start another in a couple months when I drop some new seeds in. Here is a quick pic and update for what I got going on right now.

Raspberry cough on the left and mandarin haze on the right. Built that scrog and added it for this flower cycle. Liking how it’s going so far!

Skunk Diesel test update!—-
Let me just start out by saying wow....
This Skunk Diesel has really exceeded my expectations for my first grow. The aroma from it is so full and plentiful. It’s hard to even nail down one thing it smells like, because there is just so much there. The taste is as amazing as the smell, however there is definitely still a roughness to the smoke. It also still sticks together as under cured buds would when ground, so I’m sure they will get better yet! The high is great and lasts much longer than what we are used to smoking now. I am not claiming it’s the best I have ever smoked, but holy hell its some top shelf bud! And the total weight came in at 6.2 ounces off just the one plant!

Update for AML coming up on about two weeks.

I just want to give a shout out to Doc for putting together such an easy and effective kit, as well as all of the support he gives during people’s grows. Thank you again Doc! You got yourself a lifelong customer here!

Current grow picture is a week old now, they have completely filled screen and are a few inches above already! Two weeks into flower :D

More praise of Docs kit-

So as a favor for my wife’s aunt I held her two clones in with my vegging plants for a week or two and started noticing gnats! Well fuck, that’s what I get. I knew the risk and kept the flowering girls very sealed while they were in there. When I removed her clones I noticed quite a few fungus gnats still flying around my plants, so I set to work...
I killed 5 gnats the first night and 4 the next day. Only found one the day after that. It has been about a week with no signs of any fungus gnats! I didn’t even have to do anything but kill the ones I could see with my hands! (And of course let the pots get pretty dry)
Docs kit really does seem to be pretty pest resistant! Great for beginners!

More praise of Docs kit-

So as a favor for my wife’s aunt I held her two clones in with my vegging plants for a week or two and started noticing gnats! Well fuck, that’s what I get. I knew the risk and kept the flowering girls very sealed while they were in there. When I removed her clones I noticed quite a few fungus gnats still flying around my plants, so I set to work...
I killed 5 gnats the first night and 4 the next day. Only found one the day after that. It has been about a week with no signs of any fungus gnats! I didn’t even have to do anything but kill the ones I could see with my hands! (And of course let the pots get pretty dry)
Docs kit really does seem to be pretty pest resistant! Great for beginners!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Cannadad. Indeed, it is true that high brix plants have better resistance to pests. No question about it.

Don't worry if you do see an outbreak of gnats. I used to put a mosquito dunk in the water tank once a year, but I skipped last year and I still haven't had anything flying around.

Even with spider mites, as long as you Leaf Wash the crap out of them in veg and early bloom and "weaponize" the foliars you can weather the most serious mite infestations without much trouble, but it does take some time and attention with the spraying.

But no pesticides of any kind! It's just not a thing in most High Brix gardens.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Cannadad. Indeed, it is true that high brix plants have better resistance to pests. No question about it.

Don't worry if you do see an outbreak of gnats. I used to put a mosquito dunk in the water tank once a year, but I skipped last year and I still haven't had anything flying around.

Even with spider mites, as long as you Leaf Wash the crap out of them in veg and early bloom and "weaponize" the foliars you can weather the most serious mite infestations without much trouble, but it does take some time and attention with the spraying.

But no pesticides of any kind! It's just not a thing in most High Brix gardens.

That is great! I hope to never need to know how to fight off mites with the kit, but it is great to know pesticides are never needed.

Back
Top Bottom