Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

Wow looks like someone has been missed a little bit by the community! :) rightly so my friend this place ain't been the same without ya! :)
Anyway ill sub along if ya don't mind. :) :)

I love autos Canna if I had the space I would always have a few on the grow :love:
Just as LA said you have been missed yep we never chatted much but I think there is a great feeling here already so tea with 3 sugars please best hide any chocolate you have around and I will take a seat over here :circle-of-love:

:popcorn:

re: Cannafan's Return To Growing - Autos Indoors - Purples & Wildlings - Outdoor Grow

Big :welcome: To LurchFarmer, LightAddict, and Catman12! So happy to see you all here.

Anyone can sit anywhere, stand, fly, squat.....don't matter. Just as long as you're happy. :circle-of-love:

I gotta tell you folks, you REALLY know how to make a gal feel at home. Such great comments, and you know I appreciate each and every one of you.
And there's hugs for all! :hug:

Mumma was busy as soon as she got home from work and scarfed down her dinner....
Be right back.
:)

Now, without any further ah-doo-dahs...

LET THE GROW BEGIN!

I put all of the seeds into their little germ cups. I like to lightly roll each side in the water by lightly tapping to be sure it gets moisture all the way around it. They always float to start.
I really like these little shot glasses, it will make it much easier for me to retrieve the seeds once they have taproot.

5-11_Germ_1.jpg

And then into the tray and on top of the back freezer in a nice dark warm spot.

5-11_Germ_2.jpg

The Buddha seeds were awfully tiny, and seemed quite green to me. Let's hope they still do okay.

Also, the Cash Crop has even more reason to be promising. Those seeds are twice the size of most all of the other seeds, and no green to them at all. They look great!

I will check on the group when I get home from work tomorrow to see if any popped early. I have had seeds pop overnight before. :)
Ideally, I would like to get them all planted on the same day. (A plan is in the hatchery)

Later gang!

Edit: I'm going to try to follow BAR's method and put "UPDATE" with the date on the posts that contain pertinent information on the grow. That will make it much easier for me and others to find them. :)

Exciting! Those Buddha seeds are tiny Canna, but I grew a Buddha Magnum Auto in my first grow and it was a monster bush for an auto under CFLs. Gave me 2.5 ounces of giggly buzz.

Hey brother dear, we gotta share....what works...and what not-so-works. (I've done a few of those LOL) :)
Haven't we all Partner. Great start here, now let's see those babies shine.

That's great to hear Sue! Gives me positive thoughts. :)

I checked on the group this morning and all of the seeds have sunk to the bottom. That means they have released their tiny inner air pockets and moisture is in there starting the grow process. Yey!

:circle-of-love:

That's great to hear Sue! Gives me positive thoughts. :)

I checked on the group this morning and all of the seeds have sunk to the bottom. That means they have released their tiny inner air pockets and moisture is in there starting the grow process. Yey!

:circle-of-love:

Thanks for the additional info on what you're seeing and what it means....I've never germinated this way, so ...thanks...that helps heaps...I'm curious about it, so..

Oh love ya Canna, that'll do :love:

:)

Love ya too Tassie. :)

You keep your ears perked up Jaga, I'll bet we get some pop-n-crackles tomorrow. ;-)

So, I got to thinking (yeah, that's where danger lives) about my lights to start the seedlings. For those of you who were around on my last grow, I had two very cheap LED panels that weren't anywhere near strong enough for Veg and flower. I had put them in a closet and used them to bring an almost dead begonia plant back to life. Worked perfectly for that, it actually flowered. LOL

I don't know why I couldn't use these for seedlings, there is certainly enough light coverage:

Cheapy_LED_2.jpg

Each panel is only 14w, but has well over 100 LED's in a full color spectrum.

Cheapy_LED_1.jpg

I believe BAR has these also, was using them for side lighting?
Whatcha think? Personally I don't see any reason they wouldn't be useful for seedling stage but I'm looking for input if you have tried this.

I'm keen on it :)

YOu don't need the power there, with seedlings, so perfect...low wattage...gets em ready for the real deal so to speak too :)

What about spectrum then...do the cheepies have the spectrum or even is that so important at this stage?

I'm keen on it :)

YOu don't need the power there, with seedlings, so perfect...low wattage...gets em ready for the real deal so to speak too :)

What about spectrum then...do the cheepies have the spectrum or even is that so important at this stage?

Thanks for the yey vote Tassie.
They are full spectrum panels. I understated the number of lights, there are 225 lights per panel (2 panels)

:volcano-smiley:

Well, I reakon you got em...use em...I have already been considering a small ...set of these for that purpose....also provide some additional heat...without having to have the heater up so much or maybe not at all...anyways...not a consideration for you, but full spectrum...perfect! :)

Alas the past week of sub 4 degree c outdoor temps....I need to move to SOdium or MH or something just to get the heat off em...rather than run a heater 24/7 ....

Well, I reakon you got em...use em...I have already been considering a small ...set of these for that purpose....also provide some additional heat...without having to have the heater up so much or maybe not at all...anyways...not a consideration for you, but full spectrum...perfect! :)

Alas the past week of sub 4 degree c outdoor temps....I need to move to SOdium or MH or something just to get the heat off em...rather than run a heater 24/7 ....

Hey TassieD,
if you're looking for additional heat, I wouldn't throw money into these. There is very little, if any at all, heat generated from them.
They're pretty though...and they add to the purple theme of the grow.
:laugh:

They're pretty though...and they add to the purple theme of the grow.:laugh:

Can there be any better reason Canna? :laughtwo: I've been in a giggly mood all day, and standing on this street corner waiting on a bus you had me laughing right out loud more than once. :love:

Yeah mate, kill two birds with one stone, heat and grow together... add a 150w hps along with your led, or ditch LEDs over winter and get a 400w-600w, whatever fits for your space... You'll still going to need to keep your space warm at lights out.
Canna, they'll be great for seedlings and clones id imagine.. Not to intense, get more intensity once your got around three sets of leaves...looks good, calm

Can there be any better reason Canna? :laughtwo: I've been in a giggly mood all day, and standing on this street corner waiting on a bus you had me laughing right out loud more than once. :love:

Well, no better reason can be thought up at the moment. LOL
Keep giggling...take a close look at pic #2 and read the edit....you'll see him....

The people on the bus were caught off guard. That was a full blown laugh! :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom