Brown tips usually means nute burn, but the pics will help for sure.
There were lots of yellow leaves near the bottom. I read this could be lock out due to salt buildup from nutes.

20210814_192925.jpg

20210814_192810.jpg

20210814_192803.jpg

I'm not really concerned about the tips (which look fine) or the yellowing lowers (large plant, small pot), but the white spots/streaks are troubling. I don't remember seeing anything like that before. Some of the spots look like mite marks, but the long white streaks are new to me. Have you examined the undersides with a loupe?
Hi Shed, no mites. I think what you're probably seeing is the diatomaceous earth I dusted it with when I found ants all over it last week. Most of it washed away, but did leave residue behind. I haven't seen ants on it since. ty

I had to pull my outside plant early yesterday due to hurricane warning and then again today due to tornado warning so her light period got a little dark. Now she's back outside and ready for her tenting at 7pm. She's been flowering for a few weeks so hopefully done before Oct 10th though I might have some chilli weather by then.

20210823_175215.jpg

20210823_175142.jpg

20210823_175054.jpg

Starting to stack nicely but I'm a bit concerned about the browning pistils. Did they get wet and then put in the sun? Any oil sprays? If neither of those things happened they might be pollinated. :rolleyes:
We've had sun showers so it's possible. I did spray Neem oil weeks ago and won't again.

Some updates for both inside and outside plants

Inside plants went through a few things, but gone into flowering after a little over a week of 12/12. I'm still trying to get the light dimming correcting, because as you can see I burnt the leaves. That happened two weeks ago, but every time I switch the light back to over 50% the problem returns. And I'm struggling with filling the space due to their strange shapes. Temp/RA is currently 84/52.

20210905_150652.jpg

20210905_150702.jpg

20210905_150713.jpg

For the outside plant, it looks very good and I'm done whining about my shelter. I've got it light proofed and flowering is coming along nicely. I never imagined having a plant this big.

One thing that's got me stuck is the question of whether technically the flowering days started with 12/12 which was about a week ago or if I should just ignore that number because clearly this plant is beyond that. I'm nervous that I'll be running into colder temps in late October. Shouldn't this be done by then? Ty for any advice.

20210903_182235.jpg

20210903_182601.jpg

20210903_183211.jpg

I'm struggling with filling the space due to their strange shapes
Don't worry about that this grow. Next time, when you start and finish in the tent, you can sort out maximizing your space. They'll do what they want and you just keep them happy.
gone into flowering after a little over a week of 12/12
They went into flower the day you flipped to 12/12. They started showing pistils after a week.
I'm still trying to get the light dimming correcting, because as you can see I burnt the leaves. That happened two weeks ago, but every time I switch the light back to over 50% the problem returns.
If you only have a switch that works in large percentages (0, 25, 50...) then modify the light by changing the distance instead. You can lower the light an inch and see how they take it.
Temp/RA is currently 84/52.
That's good now, but a bit lower RH would be better deeper in flower if you can swing it.
technically the flowering days started with 12/12 which was about a week ago or if I should just ignore that number because clearly this plant is beyond that.
Excuse me for not keeping track, but were these plants left outside to flower in the sun or did you flip them to 12/12 at some point in the tent. That will change the calculation if you need to make one. But in reality, there is no actual need to keep track of flowering days because plants are done when they're done, not after a certain number of days.
I'll be running into colder temps in late October. Shouldn't this be done by then?
From looking at those flowers I would say you should be done by late October!

Don't worry about that this grow. Next time, when you start and finish in the tent, you can sort out maximizing your space. They'll do what they want and you just keep them happy.

They went into flower the day you flipped to 12/12. They started showing pistils after a week.

If you only have a switch that works in large percentages (0, 25, 50...) then modify the light by changing the distance instead. You can lower the light an inch and see how they take it.

That's good now, but a bit lower RH would be better deeper in flower if you can swing it.

Excuse me for not keeping track, but were these plants left outside to flower in the sun or did you flip them to 12/12 at some point in the tent. That will change the calculation if you need to make one. But in reality, there is no actual need to keep track of flowering days because plants are done when they're done, not after a certain number of days.

From looking at those flowers I would say you should be done by late October!
Thanks shed. I flipped her last week but she's been flowering since 8/16. Very slowly just based on minute changes in daylight hours.

I flipped her last week but she's been flowering since 8/16. Very slowly just based on minute changes in daylight hours.
When you say flowering since 8/16 do you mean that's when you first saw pistils? And if she has been outside all summer, what did you do to "flip" her last week? Keep her in total darkness for 12 hours at night? Sorry if I'm confused with which plants are where and when!

Back
Top Bottom