Cannapot Sponsored Grow: Bushman's & Amnesia F2 Regulars, By Emilya

The plants got a watering on Saturday and looked very good last evening when I got a chance to get back to them. I gave them a foliar of SNS 203 as a preventative against the bugs in the next room.

Three of the Bushmans have shown pistils and have been moved to the mother room with the older plants. 2 of the Bushmans have shown male parts. The last Bushman and all of the Amnesias still are being reluctant to show me their sex. To this end, I have put a timer on the light in Veg Room #1, to allow that light to go on a 12/12 schedule for a few days so as to hurry this thing along and we can determine who is going to be transplanted and who will be culled.

The Bushmans females are on the right in this first picture, and the next picture is showing the rest of group sitting in the dark in Veg Room #1, using a flash.

DSCF0125.JPG
DSCF0124.JPG

The funny lighting is working. An Amnesia Female has just been spotted. We ended up with 50% on the Bushmans, with 3 females and 3 males. There are 3 more plants left to identify and with luck we should be able to tell by this evening. As soon as I know, I will uppot all of the females... with luck yet this evening or tomorrow. All the plants are on about a 2 day wet/dry cycle and can be transplanted at any time. They have all had one spraying of SNS 203 to combat a bug problem that is still building, before it can take hold.

DSCF0128.JPG
DSCF0127.JPG

As of last night, the three remaining Amnesias have still not given me proof one way or the other. I think that maybe one of the three is a boy, but I am not willing to bet on it yet.

The three bushmans and the one amnesia that have shown pistils were uppotted last night into their three gallon containers, and they were fertilized and fully watered. The 6 plants remaining in veg room #1 just got water for now. Holding out to wait for the roots to be able to drain the containers in 36 hours has resulted in this:

DSCF0130.JPG
DSCF0129.JPG

When I did my "practice grow" previously, I grew directly into a 5g pot. After the grow, my roots didn't even look half as good as that right there. My plant was pretty dismal at the end. And that is exactly why I believe the importance of uppotting.

We found another female Amnesia last night, for a total of two. There are two more amnesia plants left to sexually identify, and I think that one of them is a female... but one single (not even a double V shape) pistil is not enough to convince me. Try as I might, I was not able to spot a regulation pistil coming out of anywhere yet on that plant. The other one is the same way... it looks male... but still not sure till I see it.

So we had a total of 3 Bushmans and 2 Amnesia females moved over to Veg Room #2, and last night we uppotted them all to their 3 gallon containers, and fed and watered them. I expect a growth spurt under that bright @NextLight 420H and now it is just a waiting game as we wait for them to fill up the new containers. Since they were all moving into the room where the thrip invasion started, they all got thoroughly sprayed with SNS 203 too. That is 10 plants so far going into bloom soon, maybe 11.

DSCF0132.JPG

Also having identified 3 male Bushman plants, I picked the strongest one and moved it out of the grow area, as he is already getting ready to give forth... and we will have none of that around the girls. The other two males were ritualistically dismembered and removed from the room in black plastic bags of shame... never to be seen again.

DSCF0136.JPG

Everyone but the about to pop male, and the two remaining plants suffering under 12/12 lighting in Veg Room #1 have now been uppotted, fed and watered. The two still working on their self identity got watered only... the male in the other room was left to suffer in his masculinity.

DSCF0134.JPG

Here are some of the roots from the transplant... that is a solid rootball!

DSCF0129.JPG

The other two males were ritualistically dismembered and removed from the room in black plastic bags of shame... never to be seen again.
You could make a knf or Jadam extraction from them. They say the best plant fertilizer for tomatoes is other tomato plants.

I make a Jadam water extraction with my trimmings and thinnings, though not sure if any of the male hormones would come along with the rest and whether that could affect the females if you watered them in with it.

I just use female bits so haven't considered the male throw offs.

Looking forward to see what these throwback plants look like during the grow. Probably like every other grow, but maybe interesting flowers?

P.S. Nice roots! (I hope that's not too forward...)

You could make a knf or Jadam extraction from them. They say the best plant fertilizer for tomatoes is other tomato plants.

I make a Jadam water extraction with my trimmings and thinnings, though not sure if any of the male hormones would come along with the rest and whether that could affect the females if you watered them in with it.

I just use female bits so haven't considered the male throw offs.

Looking forward to see what these throwback plants look like during the grow. Probably like every other grow, but maybe interesting flowers?

P.S. Nice roots! (I hope that's not too forward...)
That is certainly a good idea @Azimuth ! There was a day when I had a good active compost pile going, and of course they would have been thrown in there so that all of their goodness could eventually make its way into a future plant. This last year however, I have just had too many irons in the fire and not everything has been done that is on my wish list. Next spring, provided I can afford some lumber to do so, I plan on a few projects like that around the yard.

I anticipate some beautiful plants out of this batch, and definitely different from one another. The pictures at the start of this journal hopefully will be what results.

Yes, and what good is a good set of roots if you can't show them off now and then? :)

Sorry for the lack of updates this last week... life, a cold, and a funeral all got in the way, and I just couldn't find the energy to keep up with everything. Never fear though, the plants are doing quite well. Our Bushmans male is about to give forth and soon we will be finished with him. Our Amnesia male is still a week or two from flowering, and I still have him in the veg room getting the good light.

One of our Amnesias, the last one to show, has been uppotted all the way to its final container and given the full 7 gallon amount of @GeoFlora Nutrients and just in the last couple of days she seems to really be getting into the idea. The rest of the plants have found their way into 3 gallon containers and they do seem to be thriving. There is great lift and the color gets better with each passing day. Soon I will be rearranging some of the plants to the other room so as to clear out some more space for these plants in the veg room and we will get them all under the very capable @NextLight 420h to continue veg for at least a few more weeks.

Bushmans
DSCF0144.JPG

Amnesia
DSCF0143.JPG

Age of grow - 86 days
Days since last feeding - 5
Days since last watering - 4

Days since last foliar - 5

Several things are happening today, all good. First, our Bushmans male is spewing pollen on the kitchen table, and this evening I am going to turn off all of the fans in the house and will collect some of that pollen where it will be carefully stored into a pill bottle and put into the fridge until needed. We plan on crossing the Bushman with another Bushman, an Amnesia F2 and an LSD hybrid. This will give us some interesting seeds to work with on some future rainy day.

The plants will all need another watering tomorrow and it is our hope to see a further reduction in the time between waterings. It is my hope to move into the final container upon the next feeding in 9 days. The plants are loving being able to spread out a bit under the @NextLight 420h. The Bushmans are showing themselves to be very aggressive growers, and they will likely be the first ones to be uppotted.

The Amnesia male is slowly coming along and I think it will be ready to produce pollen for us in about a week. Right now it is the most pathetic looking plant in the room and didn't like the idea of being photographed. I have reluctantly fed him again, and admonished him to get with the program or I WILL bring out the camera.

Here are 3 of the more photogenic players, 1 Amnesia and 2 Bushmans

DSCF0170.JPG
DSCF0169.JPG
DSCF0168.JPG

Age of grow - 94 days
Days since last feeding - 12
Days since last watering - 13

Days since last foliar - 13

The temperatures have been dropping and the girls decided to slow down a little, so this time with 2 inbetween waterings around the edges, they went 13 days between full proper waterings. We were coming up on feeding day too, so they got another round of veg, the next feeding we will be uppotting them, unless the watering cycle dramatically speeds up, and then we will transplant them early.

They all got another spraying of SNS 203 for the bugs, and as it turns out, I have a volunteer ladybug or two helping out too. I am not sure what they will think of the 203, but they got sprayed anyway.

The color looks good and they are all getting to a significant size, especially the Bushmans.

DSCF0186.JPG
DSCF0184.JPG

Age of grow - 94 days
Days since last feeding - 12
Days since last watering - 13

Days since last foliar - 13

The temperatures have been dropping and the girls decided to slow down a little, so this time with 2 inbetween waterings around the edges, they went 13 days between full proper waterings. We were coming up on feeding day too, so they got another round of veg, the next feeding we will be uppotting them, unless the watering cycle dramatically speeds up, and then we will transplant them early.

They all got another spraying of SNS 203 for the bugs, and as it turns out, I have a volunteer ladybug or two helping out too. I am not sure what they will think of the 203, but they got sprayed anyway.

The color looks good and they are all getting to a significant size, especially the Bushmans.

DSCF0186.JPG
DSCF0184.JPG
So its that 203 sns work for spider mites ? 6 oz per gallon ? Cause my friend give me a gallon for free he nevwr used. So I was wondering if I should try it? Can i use in flowering or its only in veg

Age of grow - 100 days
Days since last feeding - 7
Days since last watering - 7

Days since last foliar - 1

The Amnesia and the Bushmans are doing very well, and starting to get very big. The wet/dry cycle is still a bit long to think about uppotting, but things are improving. The foliar sprays are doing their job and the bugs are on a steep decline toward annihilation. Tomorrow I will water a bit around the edges again, but I am holding tight regarding doing a full and proper watering. They all need a trim pretty badly... I am looking forward to sharing pictures once that happens, but for now, lets give you these... two Bushmans and one Amnesia.

DSCF0191.JPG
DSCF0190.JPG
DSCF0189.JPG

Age of grow - 103 days
Days since last feeding - 10
Days since last watering - 10

Days since last foliar - 3

The girls are still taking a while to drain these new containers, but I remain stubborn and will not give them a full proper watering until they do. They are day 10 right now, and I think I can justify watering tomorrow, depending on how they react to today's activity. You will notice a couple of them starting to wilt a little bit.

Today we gave them their first major trim, denuding them from about the halfway point, down. I gave them no mercy, even though at the same time I was admiring how thick their main trunks are getting.

We are trying to get them uppotted to their final 7g containers soon so we can get them into the bloom room sometime this year, but I am not going to hurry this process either. I will be adding time to the bloom room's light schedule each week now the LSD presently residing in there are in bloom, and I am curious what will happen with these plants when suddenly put into that light schedule, of course triggered by the far red and red trigger lights installed in there. Will they go into bloom in a 14/10 light pattern with the help of the trigger lights? The world wants to know.

They are also going to get another foliar application of the SNS 203 to keep working on the bugs. I spotted one of the ladybugs today too, so thankfully they can handle this natural product just fine.

Here is before trim:

DSCF0202.JPG

Here is after trim.

DSCF0206.JPG

DSCF0205.JPG

DSCF0204.JPG

DSCF0203.JPG

DSCF0201.JPG

Next, I end with individual shots of each variety.

First, the Amnesia F2:

DSCF0206.JPG

Lastly, the mighty Bushmans:

DSCF0205.JPG

And why leave little spurs and not cut flush to the trunk?
Sorry about that Azimuth, I knew that there was something I hadn't gotten back to answer. I read somewhere that it is much easier for the plant to seal off the wound when there is a little spur like that, rather than cutting off flush at the trunk. To repair the outside of the trunk requires a different process than simply sealing up a pipe, and cutting down to there makes the plant much more likely to get an infection or contamination into the wound as it is healing.

Age of grow - 108 days
Days since last feeding - 15
Days since last watering - 4

Days since last foliar - 4

Today was feeding day, and even though it had only been 4 days since the last watering, they needed it again! We are well on our way to filling out these 3 gallon containers now, and soon we will be able to uppot and start working on those finals.

Between the bugs and the need for feed, the plants looked a little ugly tonight, so I held off on the pictures... I want to see how they look in the morning.

I do have one Amnesia plant already in the bloom room, the one that got transplanted to the final container early. She is now about a week into bloom and is giving us a good indication as to what the bud structure is going to look like on this plant. I will get some pictures of her and these slow ones in the veg room, tomorrow. They are also due for their next foliar, using a fresh batch of SNS 203.

Back
Top Bottom