Cannapot Sponsored Grow: Bushman's & Amnesia F2 Regulars, By Emilya

Hi Everyone! We are going to start another grow journal, this time with some regular seeds from @CannaPot. Both sets of regular seeds are going to be very exciting additions to my collection, one a legendary cross, bred to itself to open up the genetics and give good possibilities of seeing some amazing classic phenotypes, and the other a legendary S. African landrace, probably able to be bred with anything else in my collection to produce amazing new phenotypes. Seeds of this quality will breathe new life into an old seed collection and I can't wait to see some of the combinations I will come up over the next few years, such as White Widow crossed with them and making White Bushman and White Amnesia. Oh my goodness has this opportunity opened up some amazing possibilities in my garden!

So, I have 5 plants going so far and have legal room in my garden for 7 more blooming on this round. To reach that goal I have started 7 seeds of each of these strains. They are in water now and should be planted in some good soil in solo cups within the next day or so. Males of each variety will be harvested for their pollen, and that pollen will be used several times. First we will make F1 seeds from each of these varieties and I will probably also cross each to the LSD indica dominants that I now have growing beside them on this round. Unused pollen will be carefully preserved in my freezer for my next round in the Spring when many more possibilities will present themselves for cross pollination. It has been my experience that just about anything crossed with a landrace ends up being amazing, and I am going to go for it! We will see... we most definitely will see.

I plan on creating some very large plants by using multiple topping techniques and successive uppotting over the next 2 months. The plants will be grown organically using @GeoFlora Nutrients and will be supplemented by using @DYNOMYCO, soil activator, silica, Terpinator and my special dandelion fermentation of super nutrients. Other than adding soil activator, the soil is simply broken up rootballs from previous grows, with all the layers of Fox Farm soils, Supersoil and compost mixed together. Other than the big hard roots, no attempts were made to rid this soil of the old roots, and the soil was not baked in my oven to kill any bugs larvae that may still be in the soil, because @Sierra Natural Science has shown me that their natural product SNS 209 used as a preventative with each watering can make the plants totally unpalatable to gnats and other pests.

Last night the seeds had all sunk, cracked open and were starting to send out tails. I would bet that by this evening I will be ready to plant most of those seeds into soil, pointy end down, roots up, about 1/2 inch down. This method results in about 98% of the seeds reaching the surface.

DSCF9803.JPG

Here is some more information and some pictures of the varieties we are growing in this sponsored journal:

Bushman's
bushmans-ape-origin-hanfsamen-sativa-indoor-outdoor.jpg

Bushmans is a pure Sativa from the South African Highlands - from Ciskei! Recommended for indoor- and outdoor growers! This strain has a very great smell that reminds one of liqueur with a touch of vanilla! It has an amazingly short bloom time of 45-48 days that has me almost giddy with excitement!

Amnesia F2
amnesia-f2-pure-regular-seeds-hypro-marijuanaseeds.jpg
1629564379788.png

This creation is based on the original high end-Sativa created by Hypro-Seeds. It is easy to grow, the smell is really unique and cannot be compared to any other cannabis strain - sweet liquorice combined with lemons and limes, absolutely delicious! Amnesia is a fantastic mostly Sativa with an unparalleled addiction - the aroma is unique and combines the wonderful indicagenetics of the Afghan with the soaring sativa Nevilles Haze!

I am excited to be able to grow out both of these varieties and thank you to @CannaPot for offering them to a lucky couple of members of this board to grow out. They have been advertising these seeds on this site for a bit, and now I am proud to be able to grow some of them out so that all the members can see what I will be able to do with these rare REGULAR seeds, especially the super fast running pure sativa. This is a real opportunity friends... please do not miss out on it.

So here we go... the grow has officially started. It is soon going to get very busy around here. This journal will concentrate on these two varieties only, and all the crossing with other strains will go to my veg room journal so we can keep all that confusion in a separate place. Please wish me luck! I hope this grow to be epic!

Finally I get to be a part of one of your journals from the beginning. This is my first post and just finishing up my first grow. Looking forward to to this. I hope you don't mind this newbie to sit back and learn.

Finally I get to be a part of one of your journals from the beginning. This is my first post and just finishing up my first grow. Looking forward to to this. I hope you don't mind this newbie to sit back and learn.
I am honored to have you along for the ride @Renaissance Man! I hope you enjoy the very exciting journey we are about to go on!

Hi Everyone! We are going to start another grow journal, this time with some regular seeds from @CannaPot. Both sets of regular seeds are going to be very exciting additions to my collection, one a legendary cross, bred to itself to open up the genetics and give good possibilities of seeing some amazing classic phenotypes, and the other a legendary S. African landrace, probably able to be bred with anything else in my collection to produce amazing new phenotypes. Seeds of this quality will breathe new life into an old seed collection and I can't wait to see some of the combinations I will come up over the next few years, such as White Widow crossed with them and making White Bushman and White Amnesia. Oh my goodness has this opportunity opened up some amazing possibilities in my garden!

So, I have 5 plants going so far and have legal room in my garden for 7 more blooming on this round. To reach that goal I have started 7 seeds of each of these strains. They are in water now and should be planted in some good soil in solo cups within the next day or so. Males of each variety will be harvested for their pollen, and that pollen will be used several times. First we will make F1 seeds from each of these varieties and I will probably also cross each to the LSD indica dominants that I now have growing beside them on this round. Unused pollen will be carefully preserved in my freezer for my next round in the Spring when many more possibilities will present themselves for cross pollination. It has been my experience that just about anything crossed with a landrace ends up being amazing, and I am going to go for it! We will see... we most definitely will see.

I plan on creating some very large plants by using multiple topping techniques and successive uppotting over the next 2 months. The plants will be grown organically using @GeoFlora Nutrients and will be supplemented by using @DYNOMYCO, soil activator, silica, Terpinator and my special dandelion fermentation of super nutrients. Other than adding soil activator, the soil is simply broken up rootballs from previous grows, with all the layers of Fox Farm soils, Supersoil and compost mixed together. Other than the big hard roots, no attempts were made to rid this soil of the old roots, and the soil was not baked in my oven to kill any bugs larvae that may still be in the soil, because @Sierra Natural Science has shown me that their natural product SNS 209 used as a preventative with each watering can make the plants totally unpalatable to gnats and other pests.

Last night the seeds had all sunk, cracked open and were starting to send out tails. I would bet that by this evening I will be ready to plant most of those seeds into soil, pointy end down, roots up, about 1/2 inch down. This method results in about 98% of the seeds reaching the surface.

DSCF9803.JPG

Here is some more information and some pictures of the varieties we are growing in this sponsored journal:

Bushman's
bushmans-ape-origin-hanfsamen-sativa-indoor-outdoor.jpg

Bushmans is a pure Sativa from the South African Highlands - from Ciskei! Recommended for indoor- and outdoor growers! This strain has a very great smell that reminds one of liqueur with a touch of vanilla! It has an amazingly short bloom time of 45-48 days that has me almost giddy with excitement!

Amnesia F2
amnesia-f2-pure-regular-seeds-hypro-marijuanaseeds.jpg
1629564379788.png

This creation is based on the original high end-Sativa created by Hypro-Seeds. It is easy to grow, the smell is really unique and cannot be compared to any other cannabis strain - sweet liquorice combined with lemons and limes, absolutely delicious! Amnesia is a fantastic mostly Sativa with an unparalleled addiction - the aroma is unique and combines the wonderful indicagenetics of the Afghan with the soaring sativa Nevilles Haze!

I am excited to be able to grow out both of these varieties and thank you to @CannaPot for offering them to a lucky couple of members of this board to grow out. They have been advertising these seeds on this site for a bit, and now I am proud to be able to grow some of them out so that all the members can see what I will be able to do with these rare REGULAR seeds, especially the super fast running pure sativa. This is a real opportunity friends... please do not miss out on it.

So here we go... the grow has officially started. It is soon going to get very busy around here. This journal will concentrate on these two varieties only, and all the crossing with other strains will go to my veg room journal so we can keep all that confusion in a separate place. Please wish me luck! I hope this grow to be epic!
Rock on I'm in

Today it was time to plant a few of our seeds since we are trying to rush them a bit so they are not too far behind the LSD plants. There were 3 out of 7 in both cups that had enough of a tail on them to justify planting, with the landrace seeds definitely looking more vigorous than the others. The rest of the seeds remain in the water for another evaluation and hopefully some more planting, tomorrow.

The solo cups were built by putting my activated soil mix up to the 2/3 mark. Then I added some @DYNOMYCO and some @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG and filled the cups up to the top with more soil, knowing that upon full watering the level of the soil is going to drop at least a half inch. A hole was made in the middle 1/2 inch deep and using a tweezers I grabbed each seed and put it in that hole, roots up, and covered it with a small mound of soil. They were then lightly watered right around the seed area with just a few dribbles from my watering pitcher, sinking the mounded up soil down to the seed. I will continue to dribble a small amount twice a day until the seeds reach the surface.

Then, to keep everyone straight, labels were needed. The plant tags given to each of the plants now on the table can be explained by understanding the Zen of who they are.

DSCF9819.JPG

The Bushmans, being from the wild bush of a remote valley in what is now South Africa, have no need for fancy names or nametags. What in the world would a Bushman do with a nametag, anyway?... the thought is ridiculous. So they have no tags and are being allowed to be as wild as they wish... they are a landrace after all, and deserve that much respect.

DSCF9818.JPG

The Amnesia F2's were thinking of a name, but in the midst of discussing the perfect one, they forgot what they were talking about. Later when I inquired as to what they had decided on, they were able to pick a color, but not being able to remember the fine name they had come up with together, they decided as a group to leave their pretty purple tags blank, in case one of them remembered that perfect name later on.

DSCF9817.JPG

The powerful group of 5 older LSD Indicas decided to make a strong statement with their name tags. They are each displaying blank white billboard signs, pictorially indicating (because plants think in pictures, of course) the state of a wiped mind, that condition which they intend to inflict on anyone daring to smoke too much of them. You have to both respect and be very cautious of these bold and powerful ladies, for they are not afraid to tell you what they intend to do to you and seem very confident that they can do it.

More should be added tomorrow and we should be able to get a respectable grow going soon. The trick is going to be able to figure out how to make these 3 strong personalities play well with each other in the grow rooms and I suspect that I am in for a bit of a challenge. They will learn that I don't tolerate a lot of nonsense in my garden.
:hippy:

This morning when I watered, I was greeted by 2 new Amnesia's above ground and 4 more Bushman seeds with good tails that wanted to be planted. This afternoon when I returned from work another Amnesia was up as well as 2 Bushmans, for a total of 3 Amnesia and 2 Bushmans. The 4 remaining Amnesia seeds still in the water did not look very hopeful... they were not cracked to see a tail, but they were swollen from sitting in the water. I planted them this afternoon and watered the soil around them, and I have labeled them a little differently so we can see if they come up. If these 4 are duds, I have 4 more that I will plant in the next few days... I don't want to risk going into the grow with just 3 regulars. I didn't mention it, but I will now... there was one extra seed, for a total of 11, in each of the seed sets that were sent to me... one always appreciates having those extra seeds in situations like this.

Remember the labeling... this first tray is a combination of Amnesia and Bushman... the 5 early ones.

DSCF9837.JPG

This is the tray of 4 Bushman's that were planted with good tails this morning:

DSCF9838.JPG

And here are the 4 Amnesias just planted a few hours ago... the ones that I question will even come up.

DSCF9839.JPG

As of this evening I have one more Bushmans up for a total of 6 and one more Amnesia for a total of 4. The 3 missing Amnesia are probably my fault... i added some bad water to the cup after planting the first 3 and the next morning I threw it out and put in fresh water. One of those seeds has come up, and if I see no life by tomorrow, I am going to directly plant the last 4 seeds in soil just to make up for these.

Remember that to keep within my legal limit I am going to be limited to 7 total plants between these two strains in bloom, so we are hoping for a fairly even split of male vs female so that we don't have to kill too many females before bloom. The more males the better, within reason.

Bushmans / Amnesia mix
DSCF9865.JPG

Bushmans only
DSCF9866.JPG

Amnesia only

DSCF9867.JPG

Today I still did not see any of the missing Amnesias pop up to the surface, so I planted the 4 remaining seeds, as advised earlier. They have been put 1/2 inch down directly in the soil and watered. I will continue to water twice a day until we see them.

Other than that, things are going well. I have 6 Bushmans and 4 Amnesia above ground.

DSCF9884.JPG

The missing ones
DSCF9883.JPG

The new ones
DSCF9882.JPG

Still, none of the seeds directly planted into the soil have come up. I continue to water them faithfully twice a day hoping to get my Amnesia plant count up just a little more. I should be ok, depending on how many males show up... I only actually need one in each group, but then I would have too many plants to go to bloom with. I am not overly concerned at this point though, but again, it would be nice to see a couple more show up.

The rest of the early risers are doing great and we just all got a full proper watering this evening. Now we build roots and see how fast they can suck down the water. Nutritionally, they all look great and seem be liking the @GeoFlora Nutrients they are finding about 3 inches down from the surface.

DSCF9910.JPG
DSCF9909.JPG
DSCF9907.JPG

Back
Top Bottom