Cannaruss' Adventures In Hempy Style

Hello everyone! This is my second attempt at making a journal, the first one I had no clue what I was doing so im going to start over with this one.

Strains: 2 Critical + (I believe this is a cross between Big Bud and Skunk #1)
1 Mataro Blue (Black Domina x Afghan x Blue Monster)
1 Lemon Skunk (Citral x Skunk)
2 Swiss Cheese clones (Swiss Miss x Skunk)

Grow medium: Everything is in straight perlite hempy style except the two clones. They are in a soil less mix of peatmoss and perlite.
Grow containers: Hempy buckets range from 2 gallon to 4 gallon. Clones are in 10 gallon pots
Grow environment: Vegging in an unused bathroom and flowering in a 4x8 tent
Lights: Vegging with CFLs and Flowering with 600watt HPS
Nutrients: Blue Planets elite series grow/micro/bloom
Temps/Hum: Temps range from 78-84 lights on to 72-78 lights off. Waiting on outside temps to cool way down. Have a 4" inline fan blowing fresh air in from outdoors, once the temps go down I may have to put this on a timer so as not to freeze the girls. In really cold days I have a portable electric heater to supplement warm air when lights are out. I have no AC unit for the tent so warm weather has been a problem.

IMG_056837.JPG
Mataro blue

Ok, so a quick update as to where im at. The Hempy buckets are all at about 4 weeks from sprout. It took them awhile to take off im guessing its because the roots on the seedlings had to reach the water reservoir. The two SM clones are 6 weeks into veg. I also just flipped them on Halloween night to flower, so the two clones are now 6 days into flower. Will take more pictures tonight.

I need all the help and encouragement I can get from fellow growers. Mistakes will be made but hopefully someone will be there to help guide me along. Im loving this 420 magazine!!!!! So many interesting people and awesome grows. Im a little green behind the ears but hopefully not for long.

Heya canna,, karma sent for the younguns,, they lookin real good tho,, great job,,

I am just looking into hempying and noticed your journal,, i thot it might have some info about the beginnings of the planting, and it does,

I use full on soil as a medium, I have a new clone, in soil, in a solo cup, that is ready to transplant any day,, i was wondering about how to transplant into a hempy pot, but that would introduce soil into the hempy pot,, so, maybe i should sprout a seed in a rockwool cube specifically for hempying it,, hmmm

Also, when you first plant the sprout, do you plant in perlite? Maybe chat a sec about your watering of a newly planted sprout,, every day watering I would imagine, till it took,

Cheers friend,, all the best

when you first plant the sprout, do you plant in perlite?

I will start the seed in a rapid rooter or a peat pellet and let it get established then I will transplant to perlite. I know other people who have started directly into the perlite and it work out ok for them, but for me that would make it hard to water unless you were super careful because the seedling is so delicate and it could move around until the roots reach down.

ok everyone, quick update on the grow room today. The girls in veg have been getting fed 1/4 strength nutes about every 3rd day. The clones were in 3 gallon pots and I was watering them every other day so I transplanted them into 10 gallon pots yesterday. The clones get fed full strength nutes. They are now on day 7 of flower and I am just starting to see white pistils. Ok, time for weekly pics.

Thanks Freakbudz, I got lucky and have a seconds bathroom we haven't used in years. Plus, I have my 4x8 tent in my spare bedroom, my son moved out of the house a few months back (finally!! HaHa!) That damn tent is bigger that I thought, it covered up nearly that whole damn room. Thanks for joining in for the ride. I will have to go check out your grow here in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom