Canna's Cooking with Cannabis!

I did some decarbed shaker jars today. I think these are really cute, and I'm going to give them as gifts. Green lids too. :)

shaker_jar.jpg

Do you any of you have a source for butter stick molds that don't need a bank loan to purchase? :laugh:

I found a couple of sources on the internet, but every time I check they are out of stock and no idea when they will have them.

I did make some sticks from..believe it or not...a CCI .22 shell box. It's plastic and almost the size needed, but a bit too big. Hard to get the butter stick out of it too.

Thanks if you can help!

:circle-of-love:

Do you any of you have a source for butter stick molds that don't need a bank loan to purchase? :laugh:

I found a couple of sources on the internet, but every time I check they are out of stock and no idea when they will have them.

I did make some sticks from..believe it or not...a CCI .22 shell box. It's plastic and almost the size needed, but a bit too big. Hard to get the butter stick out of it too.

Thanks if you can help!

I went to a. Mazon and searched silicon butter molds. There are a lot of size varities. You may also want to look up soap molds, if you want to make pretty butter molds for gifts and whatnot.

You could even do one of those cookie mixes in the canning jar, with Canna butter shapes as part of the gift.

I went to a. Mazon and searched silicon butter molds. There are a lot of size varities. You may also want to look up soap molds, if you want to make pretty butter molds for gifts and whatnot.

You could even do one of those cookie mixes in the canning jar, with Canna butter shapes as part of the gift.

:thanks:, I'm going to check those out. I've got soap molds here, and candy molds. I've used those in the past and they are cute. Right now I want to make just plain sticks with sections for measured portions. Like the wrappers on butter sticks have.

That's a neat idea on adding it to cookie mixes. :thumb:

Have you ever seen these?

86bfe881d854c131c18d25ed16b14324.jpg

Then you could give the cute, pre-measured, butter molds for the oil in the cookie mix. You attach a cute card to it saying the recipe, to add eggs, and so on. It's a great holiday gift!

oooooh, those are pretty. Love the fabric!

You're thinking in my alley m' dear. :laugh: I have the gift thing going on right now. I want to be ahead of the game this year, and I would love to just give a gift for no reason other than to say thank you to someone too.

Yes, a friend of mine gave me something similar to those years ago. They are really great gifts and a beautiful presentation.
I'll be putting that idea in my catalog here for sure.

I have an idea for giving a pound, or half pound of cannabutter as a gift in a basket with all the ingredients and recipe to make different treats, but I want the butter to be in sticks just like you would buy them regularly. I already have the wrapping sorted, I just need those sticks to be perfect.

I found a silicone mold this morning that has 4 sections, but they wanted $25.00 each and that did not include shipping. I can't swing that right now for sure. :laugh:

Thanks for the ideas.

oooooh, those are pretty. Love the fabric!

You're thinking in my alley m' dear. :laugh: I have the gift thing going on right now. I want to be ahead of the game this year, and I would love to just give a gift for no reason other than to say thank you to someone too.

Yes, a friend of mine gave me something similar to those years ago. They are really great gifts and a beautiful presentation.
I'll be putting that idea in my catalog here for sure.

I have an idea for giving a pound, or half pound of cannabutter as a gift in a basket with all the ingredients and recipe to make different treats, but I want the butter to be in sticks just like you would buy them regularly. I already have the wrapping sorted, I just need those sticks to be perfect.

I found a silicone mold this morning that has 4 sections, but they wanted $25.00 each and that did not include shipping. I can't swing that right now for sure. :laugh:

Thanks for the ideas.

There was one cheaper than $25 on the mazon. It was a 4 compartment one also

Enjoy your vacation Tom! I'll try to get to the store in the next couple days. If I haven't by the time you are back, please feel free to give me a swift kick in the rear to get me on that. Lol. I've perfected procrastination.

:passitleft:

Hello! I have returned and my curiousness is on high level. I don't really enjoy kicking ppl in any way, but at least I can remind you the civilized way, eh? I have missed so much in so many journals I have a lotta reading to do and hopefully snap a photo or two after a week, It's kinda good to be back in civilization although the sea and mountains of Croatia are awesome :thumb:

Hello! I have returned and my curiousness is on high level. I don't really enjoy kicking ppl in any way, but at least I can remind you the civilized way, eh? I have missed so much in so many journals I have a lotta reading to do and hopefully snap a photo or two after a week, It's kinda good to be back in civilization although the sea and mountains of Croatia are awesome :thumb:
I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!! I totally forgot to get the stuff for your recipe. I'll get it after the holiday. :)

We were sitting down to breakfast, getting our plates made. My son looked at mine and said I should take a pic of it. That made me think of this journal, so I got out the infused olive oil and drizzled it on top so I could post it here, since we are cooking with cannabis.

Eat your heart out international hop!

6a15398b5672d6569c2da8c7baf83622.jpg

eef0d1cc0a9147a34a792975a7d1a225.jpg

50000 calories and looking super gooooood
:thumb:

I saw this and wanted to share it here. Thanks Mr. K! We will be getting one of those strainer lids! Amazing idea!

MADE SOME RSO! :yummy:

I made a batch of RSO today that I will use to make caps for my dad and also, give a little to my neighbor for his dog who recently had a front leg removed due to cancer and even so, has only been given another year to live. I hope the oil can help them BOTH!

Here is the process I used...

First, I put a little over 2 oz. of bud in a 1/2 gallon mason jar in the freezer along with two empty quart mason jars and a couple of stainless steel canning funnels.

By freezing EVERYTHING we can get a much cleaner extraction (less chlorophyll & plant waxes, etc.).

I didn't document this process, but after 24 hours in the freezer, I setup the two quart jars with the funnels in put TWO natural coffee filters in each funnel.

I then filled the 1/2 gallon jar with the buds with a little more than half of a big bottle of Everclear 151:

DSCN36823.JPG

I used a wooden spoon to agitate and grind the buds and alcohol and then strained the mixture into BOTH funnels to speed up the process.

Here's a tip...

In addition to a lot of gardening, I also sprout my own seeds (mung beans, alfalfa, etc.) and use one of the lids that fits on a wide-mouth mason jar:

DSCN36854.JPG

It makes it very easy to strain the contents right into the funnels! :thumb:

While that was straining, I did a second wash reserving about 1 cup of the alcohol. By the time the second wash was agitated for three minutes, there was plenty of room to top off both funnels which were still draining.

I then emptied the soaked herb into a larger strainer held directly over one of the funnels and compressed the herb to get as much of the last bit of alcohol out as possible.

I then rinsed the empty 1/2 gallon container with 1/2 of the leftover cup of alcohol and poured over the herb the large strainer, and then took the last 1/2 cup of alcohol and, again, poured it over the herb in the large strainer, all to drain into one of the funnels.

After compressing the herb in the strainer one last time to, again, get as much of the alcohol out as possible, here's what was in the two quart jars:

DSCN36833.JPG

Even though I just purchased an induction cooktop for the occasion, I decided to use a "tried & true" double boiler setup over a $17 hotplate:

DSCN36802.JPG

There's no exact temperature settings, but the double boiler should keep everything under 212*F and I use one of these to see where everything is at:

DSCN36812.JPG

Poured the extraction into the double boiler just over the level of some lower rivets on the pan:

DSCN36842.JPG

And, setup a fan just to add some further safety, even though I was working outdoors:

DSCN36862.JPG

And, started evaporating off the mixture:

DSCN36875.JPG

The entire time, the temps didn't get much more than 150*F:

DSCN36884.JPG

As it started evaporating off, I added the remaining extraction:

DSCN36923.JPG

You can see the level is now much below those lower rivets on the pan:

DSCN36933.JPG

It starts getting darker as it boils down:

DSCN37202.JPG

DSCN37211.JPG

I knew I was going to get some potent stuff when I saw what looked like rosin forming on the sides of the pan:

DSCN37223.JPG

When the level got down to about 1/2 cup, I put what I could into a smaller "butter warmer" and back on the same hot plate to decarb:

DSCN37245.JPG

I got about 5 ml in a syringe that I'll use to make cap's for my dad, and another ml or so in a small container I'll give to my neighbor for his dog.

Me? I get to clean the utensils! :yummy:

DSCN37254.JPG

DSCN37234.JPG

I'll let you know how my dad and the dog respond!

:Namaste:

K

Wow Canna those waffles look amazing, they have my mouth watering as I type this…

All of these different ways to incorporate cannabis into different foods and what not has me even more excited to harvest. Then I will be able to start doing some cooking and different things. CCO is definitely another thing on my list as well!

Wow Canna those waffles look amazing, they have my mouth watering as I type this...

All of these different ways to incorporate cannabis into different foods and what not has me even more excited to harvest. Then I will be able to start doing some cooking and different things. CCO is definitely another thing on my list as well!
I absolutely love making foods with cannabis!

I have an announcement to make. Duggan has decided to give us his MB2 from his MOTM winnings. That seriously made my day when he messaged me. Now I'll be able to learn how to use it to our advantage! I've wanted one so bad, but haven't had my turn in the limelight yet. Lol!

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!! I totally forgot to get the stuff for your recipe. I'll get it after the holiday. :)

Thank you for the kind words. I'm looking forward to see some more serious cook making it (better than me fo sho).
I ate a lot of sprouts in salad with Herbes de Provence and some olive oil there, now thats some way to eat cannabis too, right?
And thanks for all those tutorials here, great stuff. Happy growing. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom