Canna's Cooking with Cannabis!

Lessons from history

I've been looking into roots too, they have similar properties as the rest of the plant. I bet you can make butter with roots. But you cannot use medicine to treat something when you do not give the body enough nutrients to fix it. You can surely suppress the symptoms thus make the living easier which is a marvelous things given the side effects associated with cannabis compared to other drugs. Our bodies can heal themselves they just need the goodies and peace, being fit helps a lot as the bloodstream is the highway of immune system as the guts are it's home. The medicine helps with the peace but the rest is up to you. Note that you cannot heal someone who doesn't want to be healed, it is just impossible, the mind has clear victory against body. This is my general take on medicine. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:
I want to go to the store today to get some more fruits and veggies. I've been told in the past by Dr's that I need a low fat diet. Gluten-free would be ideal also. I have thyroid issues as well. That pretty much makes me able to eat fruits, veggies, and nuts. Sigh. That's a hard challenge to accept.

Which of the 2 do you have Canna? ..here I am trying to re call in English...hold on..google translate MY best friend :rofl:
ypothyroeidis or the other?

I want to go to the store today to get some more fruits and veggies. I've been told in the past by Dr's that I need a low fat diet. Gluten-free would be ideal also. I have thyroid issues as well. That pretty much makes me able to eat fruits, veggies, and nuts. Sigh. That's a hard challenge to accept.

It is hard as hard as you want it to be. There are tons of recipes, FB groups, sites. Good thing to have is juicer and blender, dehydrator is great too (42°C- 107f max). I have discovered that when my body get through detox my smell and taste improved dramatically, my digestive system is working like a charm and I haven't been ill for a long time. I have discovered tons of new tastes and ways to combine them. But you go slow if you do not feel like sudden change is what you want. Like raw day, no food day (too far?), meatless Monday, if you make it fun and reward yourself for success it can work. Note it is hard to not eat something if you have it in the house just within reach of the hand! I know you can do it. I wish you good luck! :love: :Namaste:

Heya Canna. I gotta question. In your recipe :

1 can Pumpkin pie mix
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1cake mix, I used a spice cake
2 sticks of butter, cubed
1-2 cups Brown sugar
1 c. Pecans, chopped

I am curious to the measurement of brown sugar. We are all sitting here talking about this. I already have butter going. From a surprise gift of popcorn bud and trimmings from last year that have been jarred up. For year on the 22nd. Can you believe my luck ? And gratitude I have for her father right now ?

I am humbled.

Oh yeah......... The question. :rofl: am so high right now. :rofl::rofl: Heh heh. Okay how much Brown sugar ? Lotsa stoners and bakers here and this is causing quite a commotion. lol Roflma !
1-2 cups is too inaccurate for the bakers and too debatable among us all so stoned.

Thank you.

Your recipe is the life of the trimming party.

I gotta go.Later

Heya Canna. I gotta question. In your recipe :

1 can Pumpkin pie mix
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1cake mix, I used a spice cake
2 sticks of butter, cubed
1-2 cups Brown sugar
1 c. Pecans, chopped

I am curious to the measurement of brown sugar. We are all sitting here talking about this. I already have butter going. From a surprise gift of popcorn bud and trimmings from last year that have been jarred up. For year on the 22nd. Can you believe my luck ? And gratitude I have for her father right now ?

I am humbled.

Oh yeah......... The question. :rofl: am so high right now. :rofl::rofl: Heh heh. Okay how much Brown sugar ? Lotsa stoners and bakers here and this is causing quite a commotion. lol Roflma !
1-2 cups is too inaccurate for the bakers and too debatable among us all so stoned.

Thank you.

Your recipe is the life of the trimming party.

I gotta go.Later
Start with 1 c. If that doesn't look like enough, add more. It's about how sweet you like it. The custard isn't super sweet, so season with sugar to how you guys like it. I didn't measure the sugar I added. Just scooped some into the bowl and stirred. Lol! I've been cooking for a long time, so I can go by how things look to know how much I need to add. Lol!

I'm happy to know my recipe is the talk of the party! Yay!!

Which of the 2 do you have Canna? ..here I am trying to re call in English...hold on..google translate MY best friend :rofl:
ypothyroeidis or the other?
I have hypothyroidism. Mine is sluggish. Unfortunately I'm allergic to the only medecine I can be put on. It makes my hair fall out, face and hands peel like a sunburn. It never did make me feel better. Lol

Cana when cooking with extracts butters oils etc do you substitute the whole part of the oil or butter or just a portion? Love edibles just starting out making all my extracts just made 2 jars coconut oil 8 cups of butter 2 bottles of 151 tincture.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Cana when cooking with extracts butters oils etc do you substitute the whole part of the oil or butter or just a portion? Love edibles just starting out making all my extracts just made 2 jars coconut oil 8 cups of butter 2 bottles of 151 tincture.

When I make the edibles, I calculate how much oil/weed I want in the recipe. If making brownies, I use an 8x8 pan. Each brownie is 2x2. So, 16 brownies a pan. If I want the equivalent of 1/2 joint per brownie, I'll use 8 grams of weed. We figure the average joint is 1 gram, and we want a half joint per brownie then:

16 brownies at 1/2 gram a brownie = 8 grams.

All you need to know, is how much weed per brownie you want.

Now that we know how much weed, we need to know how much oil to use, right? I use what the recipe calls for. The brownie mix I use calls for 2/3 c. Oil.

I take the 2/3 c. Oil, and add the buds then decarb covered at 170° for 24-36 hrs. Some people like to strain the oil and weed. I don't. It goes right in the brownies and as long as it's broken up well, nobody will know the plant material is in there.

Does this all make sense? If nit, please ask more questions. I'll be happy to help.

When I make the edibles, I calculate how much oil/weed I want in the recipe. If making brownies, I use an 8x8 pan. Each brownie is 2x2. So, 16 brownies a pan. If I want the equivalent of 1/2 joint per brownie, I'll use 8 grams of weed. We figure the average joint is 1 gram, and we want a half joint per brownie then:

16 brownies at 1/2 gram a brownie = 8 grams.

All you need to know, is how much weed per brownie you want.

Now that we know how much weed, we need to know how much oil to use, right? I use what the recipe calls for. The brownie mix I use calls for 2/3 c. Oil.

I take the 2/3 c. Oil, and add the buds then decarb covered at 170° for 24-36 hrs. Some people like to strain the oil and weed. I don't. It goes right in the brownies and as long as it's broken up well, nobody will know the plant material is in there.

Does this all make sense? If nit, please ask more questions. I'll be happy to help.

This is the way I dose my own brownies, 1/2 joint per piece. I think the next time I do mine I'll do the slow decarb as well. I love the flavor of those oils best, so it's obvious we're retaining more of the terpenes. For some reason this never occurred to me with brownies. :laughtwo:

This is the way I dose my own brownies, 1/2 joint per piece. I think the next time I do mine I'll do the slow decarb as well. I love the flavor of those oils best, so it's obvious we're retaining more of the terpenes. For some reason this never occurred to me with brownies. :laughtwo:

Ok it all makes perfect sense. I've made all the oils I have a tincture and canabutter I've dosed it quite strong but I like it for sleep and relaxing my tinctures are made on abnormal level for candies as I use those while out and more cookies and brownies for days on the homestead. But thanks a million you've answered what I was looking for. I am looking for about a full joint to a joint and a half per brownie so I've dosed correctly. I love following you both sweet sue and Cana. It's all starting to make more sense. I am supposed to ask if you use the Cana infused lotions? And what they will help with in skin care? (Wife). Happy baking and smoking ladies.

✌️
NMIdryfly!

Ok it all makes perfect sense. I've made all the oils I have a tincture and canabutter I've dosed it quite strong but I like it for sleep and relaxing my tinctures are made on abnormal level for candies as I use those while out and more cookies and brownies for days on the homestead. But thanks a million you've answered what I was looking for. I am looking for about a full joint to a joint and a half per brownie so I've dosed correctly. I love following you both sweet sue and Cana. It's all starting to make more sense. I am supposed to ask if you use the Cana infused lotions? And what they will help with in skin care? (Wife). Happy baking and smoking ladies.

✌️
NMIdryfly!

I use my pain/healing cream for all kinds of things, dry skin, mild to irritating pain, just because I like the smell of it....... :laughtwo: What I found out it doesn't help with is psoriasis. The grape seed oil in the cream actually increases the level of expression of psoriasis, something I didn't discover until I'd been using it about a month. :straightface: If using for psoriasis go with a heavier ratio of CBD and use only coconut oil instead of the grape seed addition. I have no medical proof about the use of cannabis for psoriasis, other than the general information that CBD is effective against the condition. I have yet to find the level of effectiveness in my personal use.

It makes an excellent massage aid too. The oil you produce to make the cream with, if you used coconut oil, can also be used as a sexual stimulant/lubricant. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for helping answer while i was refereeing the kids! I was going to send them to their room, but then decided I'd send me to our bedroom. The kids can annoy each other now, and I can watch the Cubs! Haha!!

I like to whip our pain/healing cream while it cools. It makes it more airy and melts way more easily.

I've made batches where I add essential oils to add scent, for aromatherapy, and/or for the menthol icy/hot feel.

I like that the best. The menthol feel seems to carry the pain relief even deeper.

It makes an excellent massage aid too.

I cannot wait when I bring it over to massage salon and watch them react to my green cream :D

Thanks for helping answer while i was refereeing the kids! I was going to send them to their room, but then decided I'd send me to our bedroom. The kids can annoy each other now, and I can watch the Cubs! Haha!!

I like to whip our pain/healing cream while it cools. It makes it more airy and melts way more easily.

I've made batches where I add essential oils to add scent, for aromatherapy, and/or for the menthol icy/hot feel.

I like that the best. The menthol feel seems to carry the pain relief even deeper.

Smart parenting girl. :high-five:

The menthol sounds like a good addition for deep pain. I wonder if I try some for my friend.......? I'm working on getting him to get some Gorilla Glue #4 and make some cream himself, and he should make some with the menthol and test it out. His biggest pain is from a broken osteo nail digging into his spine. It's inoperable, so it's gonna challenge us greatly, and I'm looking for ways to get him deeper relief.

Smart parenting girl. :high-five:

The menthol sounds like a good addition for deep pain. I wonder if I try some for my friend.......? I'm working on getting him to get some Gorilla Glue #4 and make some cream himself, and he should make some with the menthol and test it out. His biggest pain is from a broken osteo nail digging into his spine. It's inoperable, so it's gonna challenge us greatly, and I'm looking for ways to get him deeper relief.
Are either acetaminophen or ibuprofen soluble in oil? If they were, and your friend isnt opposed, you could add more pain relief to the cream. Maybe make it a powder to see if it would absorb. If it doesn't it may make the cream rough feeling. Just a thought. Lol

Are either acetaminophen or ibuprofen soluble in oil? If they were, and your friend isnt opposed, you could add more pain relief to the cream. Maybe make it a powder to see if it would absorb. If it doesn't it may make the cream rough feeling. Just a thought. Lol

This is something I'd never considered. I believe they're structured to be absorbed through the gut though, not through the skin.

Thanks a ton, she's looking more for topical pain relief on sore muscles from running.

Then the basic pain cream should definately do it for her.

Back
Top Bottom