Canna's Cooking with Cannabis!

Made my first batch of edibles today!

52fbfd9c1d12af4205f7d6eefac3d474.jpg

Looking forward medicating for sleep this evening .

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hey Canna. :high-five:Good morning. I hope you are well and this day is a gift for you.
Megan isn't feeling well enough to help me journal the Canna's Pumpkin Custard w/Canna Butter Bake. So I will do a journal in my journal n then I will edit a version for your cooking journal here.:thumb:

Later

Made my first batch of edibles today!

52fbfd9c1d12af4205f7d6eefac3d474.jpg

Looking forward medicating for sleep this evening .

Sent from my iPhone using 420
Those look amazing! I would have never thought of rice crispy treats! You could make a cannabutter chocolate drizzle to dip them in. Yummo!

Thanks for the help Zig! We bought our first pack of ZigZag papers over the weekend. :)

Hey Canna. :high-five:Good morning. I hope you are well and this day is a gift for you.
Megan isn't feeling well enough to help me journal the Canna's Pumpkin Custard w/Canna Butter Bake. So I will do a journal in my journal n then I will edit a version for your cooking journal here.:thumb:

Later

I hope she feels better! Ginger is supposed to help settle the stomach. Maybe see if she can stomach ginger root capsules. That should help. Even ginger ale would help. It'll pass, it's usually the first 3 months, then it tapers off. Poor girl. :hug:

Those look amazing! I would have never thought of rice crispy treats! You could make a cannabutter chocolate drizzle to dip them in. Yummo!

Thanks for the help Zig! We bought our first pack of ZigZag papers over the weekend. :)

I hope she feels better! Ginger is supposed to help settle the stomach. Maybe see if she can stomach ginger root capsules. That should help. Even ginger ale would help. It'll pass, it's usually the first 3 months, then it tapers off. Poor girl. :hug:

Already stocked up on the Ginger Ale. We also have some fresh. Thank you.
She is really just tired. I ain't the baker here so this may turn out okay. We shall see. I already made some mistakes. I tried to use a pie dish. Then I hadda dig out a 9x13 n do it like you said. Just so you know I had plans of making three dishes and Meghan even said something about how difficult I was making it.:rofl:That's me though. Always trying something new and haven't even done the old yet.:rofl:

Oh yeah I also didn't read "cube" the butter and ended up mashing it up in with sugar and nuts. Thus leaving me to dollop the mix into the other mix and that went right through the other other mix. Ahhhh it'll taste good. I love the taste of Canna butter. Meghan notta so much.

Wish me luck

Already stocked up on the Ginger Ale. We also have some fresh. Thank you.
She is really just tired. I ain't the baker here so this may turn out okay. We shall see. I already made some mistakes. I tried to use a pie dish. Then I hadda dig out a 9x13 n do it like you said. Just so you know I had plans of making three dishes and Meghan even said something about how difficult I was making it.:rofl:That's me though. Always trying something new and haven't even done the old yet.:rofl:

Oh yeah I also didn't read "cube" the butter and ended up mashing it up in with sugar and nuts. Thus leaving me to dollop the mix into the other mix and that went right through the other other mix. Ahhhh it'll taste good. I love the taste of Canna butter. Meghan notta so much.

Wish me luck
It's a pretty basic drop recipe. Its made to be easy. Isnt it wonderful? Someone came up with a recipe that takes minimal work. I wish all recipes are that way. Don't worry, it'll turn out fabulous!

I too adjust recipes to suit what we like. I almost never cook the original recipe. Lol! It comes naturally for me to cook.

no relation to Zigzag :)

Heya Canna.

I made your Pumpkin recipe. Wowsa dowsa it is a good one. I ain't too sure what helped mask the flavor more the pumpkin pie spice or the brown sugar and nuts. I substituted walnuts for pecans and obviously canna butter for butter. I also used a yellow cake mix but added a lil nutmeg, all spice, and cinnamon, Just a touch of that though. I started by going to do some trimming at my ladies parents and getting two zips of outdoor stuff we grew last year. The only known strain in the trim was Strawberry Cough. Three other strains I think were mixed in there, too. Anyhow I started talking about this recipe as soon as we got there. Immediate interest was shown by all there especially Meghans mom. So Ralph, her dad, says hey man I gotta jar o trim from last year. You want it ? Uh yeah I say and here we are. I also made three more pounds of butter while I was over there for them and their freezer. Sorry I was too busy to journal this and plus it's hard to explain why I do this everyday with you guys. Not too many out there really show genuine interest and I don't expect them to understand.

I posted a version of this recipe over on my journal too. Okay, so without further ado I will get to it.

I started with 2 O's of trim as mentioned before. Two sticks of butter 1 can Pumpkin pie mix
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1cake mix, I used a yellow cake- w/ 1/2tsp allspice 1/4tsp and a touch of cinnamon added
1-2 cups Brown sugar
1 c. Pecans, chopped

Two zips
1112150741a.jpg

Cannibas was food processed and double boiled for six hours then a cup of water was added to it and simmered directly over fire for another three. Strained through a corner of a pillow case dished and cooled. Been doing it this way for ten or eleven years.
IMG_107835.JPG

IMG_108450.JPG

IMG_109136.JPG

IMG_108646.JPG

IMG_108531.JPG

IMG_109339.JPG

IMG_109446.JPG

IMG_109539.JPG

IMG_109638.JPG

IMG_109739.JPG

IMG_109832.JPG

IMG_109936.JPG

This is the finished product.

IMG_110036.JPG

Now on to the Pumpkin recipe. Oh yeah before I forget check it out. Some Canna Cran Raisin Oatmeal Cookies her mom made last night while we were trimming. I have been eating them all morning at this point. It's anybodies guess as to how I pulled this off that day. I was pretty stoned and I am not the baker here at home. The baker was down for the day. Makin babies must be exhausting.
IMG_113835.JPG

IMG_113931.JPG

IMG_114032.JPG

Okay I laid it all out like I have seen my lovely wife do and it looks good. But lil do I know there are a couple of hiccups. heh heh

Notice the round pan. You know, the one that does not look like the one the recipe calls for. Mistake one.
IMG_114134.JPG

I didn't take a picture of mistake two. but hey if you ask me what cubed butter is I say it is probably cubed. But in the recipe it says to cube butter and mix with brown sugar and nuts. I did that. But, I didn't have then ( extremely stoned mind you ) and still don't know how to mix to a consistency that is sprinklable.

The recipe basically is a layer of mixes that you drop more ingredients through. Wet on bottom dry on top. Even sprinkling as directed would've yielded comparable results to the dolloping I had to do. The dollops went through the dry layer of ingredients like sinkers slung into a pond of pumpkin. Straight to the bottom. Gluck.

But I was left with these pockets of butter sweet and nutty heaven. Look closely. You can see em. And for alla my worrying about it not coming out right because of the dolloping I was rewarded a crust of the same Brown sugar sweetened nuts and canna butter. It boiled to the top and spread out over the entire thing. Crisping up nicely.
The interior of the pastry was not unlike a custard. But perhaps something a bit fluffier. Souffle ? Maybe because of mistake number who knows. Instead of mixing I used a whisk to do the pumpkin batter portion. But did not think about untll I realized that the texture was due to a variation of my doing, on the recipe. Geez I ain't cut out for baking. Toooo fickle.

This first shot is of the done custard. I hadda crop it because I was too embarrassed to post the whole picture that shows evidence of my tampering with it. Okay I took a spoon to it after it was cool and wasn't thinking about no picture at that moment.
IMG_114332.JPG
Hahaha see were I hadda switch from the pretty round pan to the ugly ol' but still functional rectangular 9x13 one, like recommended.

Notice the pockets of canna goodness
IMG_115233.JPG

IMG_115135.JPG

Finito
IMG_114437.JPG

Okay okay wasn't nearly enough yummy cream on top. Right ? Here ya go
IMG_115031.JPG

I would've put some more accoutrements on the dish but if my memory serves me correctly. I couldn't wait any longer.

I was trying to explain the texture to Meghan (she is not consuming edibles til after the baby) and told her you said it would be more "like" a custard. Why did mine come out like a souffle ? I asked. She went on into some explanation of barometric pressures and altitudes and varying humidity. I was so stoned I remember telling her that she was the pilot of the ship of souffle. I had a wonderful night.:rofl:

Canna I give this recipe based on taste alone 9 fingers out of an 11 finger leaf. Simplicity a 9. Posting it here for me to butcher but it still coming out tasting utterly devine is worth an 11 all day long. :hug:

Thank you so very much for this. I recommend it to anyone who like fall pastries and pumpkin anything.

Later y'all

One more thing to keep in mind. The recipe calls for 1-2 cups of brown sugar. The more brown sugar you use the farther your butter will go. I noticed. I used a cup and a half.
I also pulled mine outta the oven after an hour and twelve minutes at 325. That's when the fork came out clean.

Meghan is right about the altitude thing. I think yours came out more like a souffle because you whipped it instead of mixing with a spoon. That's a great idea, btw! Ooh! What if we separated the whites and yolks. Add the yolks to the pumpkin mix, then stir. In a separate bowl whip whites until it forms peaks, then FOLD whites into the pumpkin mix. That will make for a light airy custard/souffle. Yum! That's a great idea Jake! I'm glad you said you whipped yours. Thanks for the 11 leaf review!! Lol!!

:passitleft:

Meghan is right about the altitude thing. I think yours came out more like a souffle because toy whipped it instead of mixing with a spoon. That's a great idea, btw! Ooh! What if we separated the whites and yolks. Add the yolks to the pumpkin mix, then stir. In a separate bowl whip whites until it forms peaks, then FOLD whites into the pumpkin mix. That will make for a light airy custard/souffle. Yum! That's a great idea Jake! I'm glad you said you whipped yours. Thanks for the 11 leaf review!! Lol!!

:passitleft:

Whippin whites, formin peaks, foldin whites, separatin eggs. This baking thing is too much for a simple man like myself. i figured she was right about the altitude having a sway over things in the bakery dept. But afetr I thought about it I knew that the whisk is what did it.

It was extremely good either way. Thank you and you are very welcome.

This looks so yummy!!!! But I am such a 98 lb light-weight I would have been stuck to my recliner for 2 days if I ate this, LOL. I love to cook and will try this with much less herb in it.

This looks so yummy!!!! But I am such a 98 lb light-weight I would have been stuck to my recliner for 2 days if I ate this, LOL. I love to cook and will try this with much less herb in it.
Maybe use less sugar if it makes you that sticky!

:rofl:

When I made it, we used regular butter so the kids could have some. Maybe next time I'll make it with Canna coconut oil instead of butter. That'll make it healthier for me. I'll also make it in 2- 8"x8" pans instead of the 1- 9"x13". Then we can all have deliciousness. Plain for the kids, medicated for the adults! Yay!!

Maybe use less sugar if it makes you that sticky!

:rofl:

When I made it, we used regular butter so the kids could have some. Maybe next time I'll make it with Canna coconut oil instead of butter. That'll make it healthier for me. I'll also make it in 2- 8"x8" pans instead of the 1- 9"x13". Then we can all have deliciousness. Plain for the kids, medicated for the adults! Yay!!

Maybe have distinctively different pans so there's no confusion over which is which? :laughtwo:

Jacob, that was an excellent write up on the dessert. You have me salivating. Lol!

I've been wanting to get the buffet upstairs so we can store the glass without me constantly worrying the big dogs tail would toss an expensive piece aside like it's a chew toy.

It made it upstairs a week or so ago. I got all the pieces arranged so the horse/dog won't do the hulk smash on them.

Here they are in their glory....

:tommy:

7084736d4a9e0bfb59b5230e4424492c.jpg

53a355dab3bbd04bbb0967e21246bbb9.jpg

9dbaf578153584d22c40518c13cb66c3.jpg

bfd0db5b68091d14e3c5117307b0ba9b.jpg

Cubs bong isnot in there. I need to start doing Cubs bong rips for the World Series game 1 tonight!!! Let's go Cubbies....!

Back
Top Bottom