I’ll check em out. I just put them straight in damp paper towel in a zip bag and the taproot came out it just only came out like 1/6 even after 3 days
Let them sit in a shot glass for 24 hours before you put them in the paper towel. Set the bag on a warm surface. I set them on top of the fridge.

Looks like you are getting plenty of help. Or suggestions anyway.

Bottom line. It is probably the seeds. If they pop open and sprout a tail they should be good to go. I have had seeds do what you explained before. When I opened the seed to look inside. The round leaves that were supposed to be first were dried to the shell of the seed. While the light was wrong on the first try but that wouldn't effect the plant till it got above the soil. Even what is in the soil shouldn't effect the plant till it is above soil and growing.

I had a bad experience the first and only time I used seed starter soil. I used the Fox Farm one. All the Choco fiber form a matted top on the soil basically making a net the starts had trouble breaking through. I found half grown seeds stopped at the surface that couldn't break through. Seed soil is junk! I always use the same soil I plan to grow in. Some starts have a few troubles but most all power through and do fine.

Looks like you are getting plenty of help. Or suggestions anyway.

Bottom line. It is probably the seeds. If they pop open and sprout a tail they should be good to go. I have had seeds do what you explained before. When I opened the seed to look inside. The round leaves that were supposed to be first were dried to the shell of the seed. While the light was wrong on the first try but that wouldn't effect the plant till it got above the soil. Even what is in the soil shouldn't effect the plant till it is above soil and growing.

I had a bad experience the first and only time I used seed starter soil. I used the Fox Farm one. All the Choco fiber form a matted top on the soil basically making a net the starts had trouble breaking through. I found half grown seeds stopped at the surface that couldn't break through. Seed soil is junk! I always use the same soil I plan to grow in. Some starts have a few troubles but most all power through and do fine.
Try using a root powder mychorrasae Gro-mate is really good I'm a total newbie and I've 100% success with germination and rooting clones, broke two tops off a plant a half inch long stem put it in soil with GROMATE into heated propagator and look at it now.
IMG_20200424_193736.jpg
IMG_20200424_193736.jpg
IMG_20200424_193721.jpg

I had the gg4 seed and the juggernaut. It was harder to get the gg4 to grow then the juggernauts
Try using a root powder mychorrasae Gro-mate is really good I'm a total newbie and I've 100% success with germination and rooting clones, broke two tops off a plant a half inch long stem put it in soil with GROMATE into heated propagator and look at it now.
IMG_20200424_193736.jpg
IMG_20200424_193736.jpg
IMG_20200424_193721.jpg
Wow nice looking plants! I’ve looked into mychorizzae but Later down the road I was gonna use fox farm nutes and I heard mych could mess up fox farm nutes or something, should I still look into mych?

Walt. I just started a couple bag seeds. The seeds are easy to. I learned cloning bout 6 months ago and thats easy too. This stuff grows itself without nutrients. If u got the opportunity to grow pot go for it man its 1 of the most rewarding hobbies ive ever known.

That reminds me of my first year growing when I said:

”the only thing addictive about cannabis, is growing it” lol

Walt. I just started a couple bag seeds. The seeds are easy to. I learned cloning bout 6 months ago and thats easy too. This stuff grows itself without nutrients. If u got the opportunity to grow pot go for it man its 1 of the most rewarding hobbies ive ever known.
That reminds me of my first year growing when I said:

”the only thing addictive about cannabis, is growing it” lol
Yea y'all are right I’m gonna try my hardest to grow,I’m gonna research a lot about it. Thank y’all for helping me and answering the questions I had on this thread I really appreciate it. You all helped me so much

Can someone please help me out?
I haven't been through this entire thread yet, so perhaps someone already mentioned this, but have you pHd your water? How about pHing the soil? FFOF is supposed to be pretty neutral, but . . . I use the regular FF, 2 parts soil, blended with 1 part coir, and 1 part pearlite. I use the paper towel method for germing, wait till the taproots are 1/4" to 1/2" long, plant them in the soil 1/4" to 1/2" deep (trying to taproot down) and get about 85% above the soil. Another thought: what is the water you're using for germ? If it's spring water and then you plant seeds in alkaline soil and water them with un-pHed water (which may also be too alkaline), your seedlings may be protesting with their little lives.

Overwatering can also kill seedlings, as well as attract fungus gnats. As someone has said elsewhere on the 420, seedlings (and established plants, for that matter) don't like their feet wet. For this same reason, I'd stay away from any kind of cover over the plants. Based on the info you gave earlier, you already have enough humidity. Emilya has a great thread on watering; you may want to check that out. She has some interesting advice, especially when it comes to early waterings, developing a strong web of roots, and getting the baby girls over the hump.

Wow nice looking plants! I’ve looked into mychorizzae but Later down the road I was gonna use fox farm nutes and I heard mych could mess up fox farm nutes or something, should I still look into mych?
Barney's Farm got good seeds n fast delivery for me, soaked my seeds fer 16hrs in the dark in a heated propagator then put in paper towel fer 24hrs again in dark and in propagator, tap roots all about 20 mm ,3/4 of an inch , planted in Canna Terra Professional the one with added perlite, sprinkle mychorrasae 'Gromate' in the hole and good to go 24hrs later under 600w hps all I had at 5ft away, so I've used it now in every transplant and clones every single time great results also like to say the 1st 2 tops I accidentally broke now doing great 3/4 inch stem n 2 small leaves and neglected for 3 hrs absolutely remarkable thought they were dead for sure, btw quite difficult to get atm

I haven't been through this entire thread yet, so perhaps someone already mentioned this, but have you pHd your water? How about pHing the soil? FFOF is supposed to be pretty neutral, but . . . I use the regular FF, 2 parts soil, blended with 1 part coir, and 1 part pearlite. I use the paper towel method for germing, wait till the taproots are 1/4" to 1/2" long, plant them in the soil 1/4" to 1/2" deep (trying to taproot down) and get about 85% above the soil. Another thought: what is the water you're using for germ? If it's spring water and then you plant seeds in alkaline soil and water them with un-pHed water (which may also be too alkaline), your seedlings may be protesting with their little lives.

Overwatering can also kill seedlings, as well as attract fungus gnats. As someone has said elsewhere on the 420, seedlings (and established plants, for that matter) don't like their feet wet. For this same reason, I'd stay away from any kind of cover over the plants. Based on the info you gave earlier, you already have enough humidity. Emilya has a great thread on watering; you may want to check that out. She has some interesting advice, especially when it comes to early waterings, developing a strong web of roots, and getting the baby girls over the hump.
Yea I’ve phed distilled water with around a ph of 6.5 and out of the 3 strains I had all of them died so i was really confused :p I still have one seed left and I’m Germing it in the paper towel right now. wish me luck lol. I’m gonna look at Emilya’s thread, ty for telling me about it.

Barney's Farm got good seeds n fast delivery for me, soaked my seeds fer 16hrs in the dark in a heated propagator then put in paper towel fer 24hrs again in dark and in propagator, tap roots all about 20 mm ,3/4 of an inch , planted in Canna Terra Professional the one with added perlite, sprinkle mychorrasae 'Gromate' in the hole and good to go 24hrs later under 600w hps all I had at 5ft away, so I've used it now in every transplant and clones every single time great results also like to say the 1st 2 tops I accidentally broke now doing great 3/4 inch stem n 2 small leaves and neglected for 3 hrs absolutely remarkable thought they were dead for sure, btw quite difficult to get atm

what would happen to me was the taproot would grow but it would only grow around 1/6 of an inch and then even after 3 days it would just stop growing, very confusing.

Just a guess maybe soaked paper towel too much, but if tap root looked OK then maybe soil was too wet and or send buried too deep, I'm only a newbie myself but that's what knowledge I've managed to get from here but I'm getting another tub of Rootmax it is by GROMATE gl.
Yea that makes sense maybe I did soak the paper towel too much. So I had 1 seed left and and a couple seeds that I thought were dead that I put in the paper towel for the hell of it. they been in the paper towel for about a day (I made sure it was damp not soaking wet) I just checked on them and 3 of them started growing taproots I think I’m lucky. I have them in a dark warm place on a heating mat, wish me luck.

I’ve had my best luck in Jiffy pellets. Coco is great too but you have to mist regularly (at least in my dry environment). Once I ditched paper towels and heating mats, humidity domes, germination went up to near 100%. I clone in those pellets too.

I put a seed in a solo cup with a couple inches of water before bed. Push it to the bottom of the water in the morning. Place 1/8” deep in a jiffy pod the next night and place that pod back in the cup (keep from drying out). Wait 3-5 days for germination. Plant in soil/coco pot.

ive seen your exact symptoms when trying to germinate in rock wool cubes. Id lose 9of10. Guess I’m going to need to figure out how to aeroclone if I ever want to run full on hydroponics.

Good luck. You’ll figure out what works for you. Everybody’s environment is different. You just need to figure out your “foolproof technique”. Good luck!

Haha there ye are, good luck n get mychorrasae powder any make will do I should think as long as it has mychorraesal or mychorrasae same stuff different spelling its the microbe yer after.
I’ve had my best luck in Jiffy pellets. Coco is great too but you have to mist regularly (at least in my dry environment). Once I ditched paper towels and heating mats, humidity domes, germination went up to near 100%. I clone in those pellets too.

I put a seed in a solo cup with a couple inches of water before bed. Push it to the bottom of the water in the morning. Place 1/8” deep in a jiffy pod the next night and place that pod back in the cup (keep from drying out). Wait 3-5 days for germination. Plant in soil/coco pot.

ive seen your exact symptoms when trying to germinate in rock wool cubes. Id lose 9of10. Guess I’m going to need to figure out how to aeroclone if I ever want to run full on hydroponics.

Good luck. You’ll figure out what works for you. Everybody’s environment is different. You just need to figure out your “foolproof technique”. Good luck!
Yep ty for the good luck. I think I figured out the reason why my seeds weren't sprouting. My paper towel was too wet it was like dripping. And another reason I thought of is because I would not put enough water in the soil. I would wet the soil a little bit before I planted the seed which i think was the reason It was messed up. When I plant these seeds into soil im gonna water the soil until I see some runoff in the solo cup and then plant the seed in it, does that sound good ?

With the 8 seeds that I ordered from seedsman I had to wait 25 DAYS and the seeds were a light tan color. I did the paper towel method to germ them and left them in a dark and heated place. After 3 days the taproot only grew like 1/6 inch for all of them and it was 3 days, so I just planted them. The 4 autoflower seeds I ordered were from herbies, are there seeds good ? I personally will never use seedsman ever again like I know theyre a seedbank but still the seeds they gave me were shit. They made me wait 25 days for immature seeds it really pisses me off. I hope the herbies seeds are better

I dont use the Paper Towel method so I may not be correct
But leaving the seed cracked open with the tap root exposed for 3 days
before planting feels wrong ?

I dont use the Paper Towel method so I may not be correct
But leaving the seed cracked open with the tap root exposed for 3 days
before planting feels wrong ?
I was gonna plant my seeds tomorrow so it would be 2 days, is that better? My seeds taproots are only like 1/6 of an inch again :( hoping they grow bigger tomorrow

what would happen to me was the taproot would grow but it would only grow around 1/6 of an inch and then even after 3 days it would just stop growing, very confusing.
Now THAT sounds like bad seeds! If I don't get my sprouts in the soil soon enough, the taproot will just keep on growing. Re: The paper towel method: Many seed banks give paper towel germ instructions - for example, Crop King has a video on line about this. Following the paper towel method, I almost always get 100% germ.

Back
Top Bottom