Canobud's First Grow - The Widow

More glamour shots :)

IMG_281119.jpg

IMG_281414.jpg

Working from home today, which means I'm bored...so, more pictures!

The plant on the right is actually a week older than the one on the left. If you've been following along, the smaller one was originally in one of the Jiffy pots that I had so much trouble with. The bigger one was in the Solo cup. I'm not sure now if I want to cull the little one due to space constraints or not...part of me wants to try and force it to grow up in one corner of the tent while allowing the bigger one to fill the rest of the tent up.

I also lowered the LED about 4" today, to about 18" above the top of the plants.

IMG_28249.jpg

Here's my Nest cam hanging out on the LED housing.

IMG_282610.jpg

Nest cam view.

IMG_28309.jpg

Last weekend I also built a support screen that I'll hang in the tent in a few weeks. I figured the easiest thing to do in a space this small would be to zip tie it to the four corner posts just snug enough to be sturdy. This way I can adjust it slightly if needed without much hassle.

IMG_283211.jpg

Looking really great man! Im starting my final flush. Finally got my magnifier and a good bit of the trichs were already ambered so it is finishing a bit earlier than i had planned. This is week 7 of flower after the stretch stopped and the site does say a 7 to 8 week finisher. Im going to do a partial harvest this weekend coming up or the following week. Take the buds that are most ambered and let the somewhat smaller buds get some more light for another week.
Awesome screen. I am actually assembling one myself for round 2 of the widow. I think a scrog would definitely be the best way to get the most out of this strain and i have 2 rooted clones to try it out on.
Keep up the good work.

OK guys what's going on here; I last watered/fed Thursday (see above) and noticed some lighter leaves on the interior of the plant. At first I thought it's just because they get absolutely no light in there (this plant is so thick and dense.) Now I wonder if this is the beginnings of nutrient deficiencies, despite the first light feeding four days ago. I watered this morning with straight spring water, so they're good on water for a few days now. Any thoughts? Would really love to get an early jump on potential problems.

Here is the entire plant, for reference:

IMG_284516.jpg

And then the interior leaves:

IMG_284717.jpg

IMG_284311.jpg

IMG_284816.jpg

Could be the start of a K deficiency like the one i had. If it is when it progresses itll give you burnt tips kind of like nute burn but they will curl down slightly. Because of the lushness of this pheno i had some light colored interior growth from light not penetrating to the bottom but it was an all over lime green. If you google early K def you can kind of match pics up and see if that looks like it. If it is just give it a little boost. I think i lowered my yields a bit because i misdiagnosed this as a burn. Dont jump to a conclusion like i did, compare and keep an eye on it for progression and use your best judgement.

I was using 1/4 nutes and was still showing what i thought was nute burn. It got pretty bad before i realized it was a k def so i bumped up to 1/2 strength and it helped a lot. Some of my sugar leaves look kinda ugly but i think they're going to be ok. Im really looking forward to this second run so i can use all the mistakes i made and really squeeze the most out of this plant that i can. There is so much frost on the tops and bottoms of the sugar leaves and some of the fans and the buds absolutely sparkle, especially after a wash. I cut a tester from an underdeveloped branch at the bottom of the canopy and i got absolutely ripped after 2 hits.

You can see the burnt tips on the sugar leaves.

I see what you're talking about. How tall is your plant now from the soil up? I watered and fed mine this morning (sticking with 1/4-strength of the FF trio for now) and since it's Day 59 I think I'll switch the lights to 12/12 sometime this weekend.

Clear something up for me if you can. I was under the impression that the advertised flowering period length (such as 7-8 weeks with this strain) meant from start of flipping the lights to harvest; earlier you mentioned you were in week 7 after the stretch ended. Assuming a stretch period of ~2 weeks after flipping the lights (is that accurate?), does this actually mean I'm looking at harvesting closer to 9-10 weeks after beginning 12/12? I understand every plant is different based on environment, I'd just like to know a little more about what those advertised flowering times actually mean.

After a good watering/feeding, I figured I'd take the bigger one out for some natural sunshine for a bit today.

IMG_286612.jpg

IMG_286412.jpg

The light green bud site in dead-center is the one coming straight up from the stalk; I've noticed that it has been dwarfed by the surrounding bud sites in size and height. I figured it would be the most prominent bud site. I did FIM this plant early on, so if it's not growing properly I suppose that's the reason. I've been trying to make space in the canopy for it to get more light hoping for it to shoot up to the top of the canopy. There are days I come home and it's shaded by other leaves.

IMG_286512.jpg

I was always told to start counting flowering after the stretch as that is when true flower begins. Some people count from the flip. If you want to go from then I'm at the end of week 9. Breeder times are just a basic guideline. My auto said 60 days from seed to harvest and is looking like it's going to be more like 120. Trichs are the only true way to know when they're ready.
Id say from the top of my bucket to the top of my tallest branch is maybe 3-3 1/2 feet. Your plants structure is very similar to mine and all those surrounding tops became my main producers but if you do some light trimming the middle and the other laterals will fill out nicely too.
About a week and a half before flip i did a medium defol to open up more bud sites to light and then about 2 weeks after i did another because the vegetation was just too dense.
I have had to tie some of my stems up because the weight of the flowers was bending them over and causing them to clump together in bundles blocking light.
I really am anxious to scrog this baby. It is the perfect candidate.

After a good watering/feeding, I figured I'd take the bigger one out for some natural sunshine for a bit today.

IMG_286612.jpg

IMG_286412.jpg

The light green bud site in dead-center is the one coming straight up from the stalk; I've noticed that it has been dwarfed by the surrounding bud sites in size and height. I figured it would be the most prominent bud site. I did FIM this plant early on, so if it's not growing properly I suppose that's the reason. I've been trying to make space in the canopy for it to get more light hoping for it to shoot up to the top of the canopy. There are days I come home and it's shaded by other leaves.

IMG_286512.jpg

It's light green because it's in the shade of the bigger leafs. To me your previous question of deficiency was this as well. Seemed just to be lacking light and was beginning to its process of dying of since it feels obsolete. The bud however will continue to grow as normal it just missed the stretch, keep it open to light and it week be a decent bud

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Looking beautiful man. Just wait til those trichs start to form. Looks like powdered sugar all over the tops of the plants and i think the crystals are even more dense on the under sides of the sugar leaves than the top.

420-magazine-mobile2013212313.jpg

I know my pics are a little blurry(ordered a new lens for my phone this week) but if you zoom in they are just coated.

Looking beautiful man. Just wait til those trichs start to form. Looks like powdered sugar all over the tops of the plants and i think the crystals are even more dense on the under sides of the sugar leaves than the top.

420-magazine-mobile2013212313.jpg

I know my pics are a little blurry(ordered a new lens for my phone this week) but if you zoom in they are just coated.

Very nice! How much dry weight you think you've got from this plant? I really expected it to be taller at this point...I know it's going to start here soon but I still thought it would be probably twice its current height (maybe 8-9"?) at beginning of flower. You're right about scrogging this strain. I feel like I could've kept teasing it out to twice its width if I wanted to keep the veg light schedule going.

Im so bad at guessing dry weights. Also i did a staggered harvest so i have to see what these bottom buds do in the next week or so in their new bright world. Id say ballpark 7oz dry, give or take, which i think can really be improved upon with a scrog.

Back
Top Bottom