Canobud's First Grow - The Widow

Might be lack of light in the lower leaves. Mine yellowed up like that too. I lollipopped and got rid of all that crap little stuff on the bottoms as it was going to amount to nothing anyway. With such a dense canopy you either have to defol or sacrifice the under brush a little

7-8 week finisher. Mine went about 7. P.S. canobud, those buds look better than mine did at 5 weeks. You are doing her justice.

Man I hope you're right...I know there's still ~2 weeks to go (and I just made the back building snips three days ago) but I'm starting to think my harvest expectations may have been overblown a bit. The buds aren't as dense or fat as I envisioned at the beginning, but it is my first grow. I'm hoping the snips I made on the bud tops will pay off towards the end.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lol my harvest expectations are always off. Thats why when someone asks me what i think ill yield i say i have no idea. I do plan on doing much better this time as i have my system dialed in and know about this pheno. My scrog is filled in and i switched to 12/12 last wednesday. A week earlier than i planned because this thing grows so aggressively in veg. Its really loving the extra light this time around.
No matter what you get at the end it is worth it. Really fine smoke. I plan on keeping this strain around.

Lol my harvest expectations are always off. Thats why when someone asks me what i think ill yield i say i have no idea. I do plan on doing much better this time as i have my system dialed in and know about this pheno. My scrog is filled in and i switched to 12/12 last wednesday. A week earlier than i planned because this thing grows so aggressively in veg. Its really loving the extra light this time around.
No matter what you get at the end it is worth it. Really fine smoke. I plan on keeping this strain around.

I hear you...I think I'll have my new room set up within the next 2-3 weeks and I'm definitely going to scrog this seed next time I grow it.

Something else I was thinking about this morning, pertaining to an earlier discussion we had about when we actually start counting the start of flower (right at 12/12 flip vs. first signs of flowers appearing)...I used the gas lamp routine from very early on, and I saw flowers starting up almost immediately after the flip. I remember reading somewhere that the gas lamp routine helps facilitate this due to buildup of the flowering hormones with just 12 hours of light during veg and a 1 hour on period in the middle of the dark period to keep them from actually triggering flower. I'm only one data point but it seems to align with what I've read.

I cut another 15 minutes from their day period this weekend to better mimic the reducing daylight time plants see outdoors during fall. Now, at the start of flower week 6, they're getting 11h 15m of light, and I'll cut another 15 minutes again this weekend. Only problem now is I can only go in the tent first thing in the morning when the lights come on, and it's dark in there by the time I get home from work. I do have a green LED headlamp, but I try to avoid going in after dark whenever possible.

I do a 24 hr dark period right before the switch but i cant say if it helps the transition period along any. I also shorten the light hours towards the end of flower and supplement with uvb, then right before harvest i do another 24 hr dark. Its supposed to help white strains crystal up a bit more. Also cant say if this did any good but the crystals were plentiful so it definitely didnt do harm.
Im in the same boat during flower as you. My work schedule allows me a very brief window where i can work on them.

Trichome watch...it seems a little early but I think some are starting to turn a bit amber already. What do you guys think? I need to get some better pics under white light.

420-magazine-mobile531816453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2075926820.jpg

420-magazine-mobile634198827.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1521715137.jpg

Hard to say from the pics. Looks like you have some ambering on leaf trichomes but still look mostly cloudy on the buds. Maybe a week. I harvested some early with a lot of cloudy and some later when it was about 50/50 cloudy/amber. Both really good and i couldn't really tell you the difference in a blind smoke test. Personal opinion for harvest but if it were me I'd wait a week, keeping an eye on the trichs.

I figured probably another week. They're getting water twice a week, so depending on the trichomes I'll water them two more times and then start a 24 hour dark period a couple of days after the last watering before finally cutting them down. I don't want to go too deep into couch lock territory, but I know they need more amber on the buds.

EXCITEMENT BUILDING!

I think friday will be very good. They look perfect to me. And i definitely recommend a wash. When you dip em in the warm water the smell is amazing.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom