Can't cure my weed, help

Maybe post a pic?

photo_2020-11-29_10-42-37.jpg

Open close do that until the buds no longer feel moist.
well i've been doing that for about 2 months and a half, and it still hasen't dried enough imo. 2 months is what the entire curing process should be.... (ofc you can go longer, but you can get decent buds in 2 months of curing, i didn't.)

I should also point out that if the Rh of your air is 60 like I think you said somewhere- it won’t dry any more than that surrounding air. 60 RH is a decent smoking moisture though.

What if you pull it apart does it look normal in the center?
yes
I should also point out that if the Rh of your air is 60 like I think you said somewhere- it won’t dry any more than that surrounding air. 60 RH is a decent smoking moisture though.
oh wow, that makes a lot of sense to why i cant dry my buds no matter what... so when the moisture inside the jar is 60% like in my room, i'm done right? just leave it closed for a month or so?

Hello , never leave your buds totally seal , they have to be burped (opened)occasionally ,even when being stored for a long period of time, , mold will still happen even at a rh pf 30 % in your jars , they need fresh air every so often still .Your bovida packs need to be less than the ambient air in the space you are storing buds while curing , if you short change your drying time , it only makes the curing stage longer and harder but you can still get a great smoke , i always over dry at 1st before going to the jars knowing there is still a fair amount of moisture in the center of my nuggs , plus when i jar my nuggs i sort them according to size large nuggs with large nuggs etc and don't over fill the jars , the nuggs need lots of space inside the jar to breath and i always give them a GENTLE shake when i open the lids , i use the 62% bovids packs for long term storage and the 58% for curing .trimming your buds has a lot to do with how long they take to dry a close trim equals less moisture during the curing stage there is a fine line between leaving on enough sugar leaves and removing to many ,this is where experience comes in to play , i always cure for 60 days before i get to enjoy my buds and they are smooth as silk and burn to a nice grey ash , just my 2 cents slow and long and lots of attention to the condition of my buds imho.

The reason I asked about mould. Basically it’s against the laws of physics for your weed to not be dry while the RH is remaining a steady 55 or whatever you said, after so long in the sealed jar.

But I could imagine there being other issues that cause it to not burn well. Mould can have the effect of making the buds kind of slimy. I’ve had dealer bud long ago that wouldn’t burn- I don’t know why. At the time we were told it was because it ‘wasn’t flushed properly’ but I don’t believe that.

Other than that - faulty hygrometer giving a bad reading?

Worst case- just dry it more. Put it in a warmer/drier space for a while.

The reason I asked about mould. Basically it’s against the laws of physics for your weed to not be dry while the RH is remaining a steady 55 or whatever you said, after so long in the sealed jar.

But I could imagine there being other issues that cause it to not burn well. Mould can have the effect of making the buds kind of slimy. I’ve had dealer bud long ago that wouldn’t burn- I don’t know why. At the time we were told it was because it ‘wasn’t flushed properly’ but I don’t believe that.

Other than that - faulty hygrometer giving a bad reading?

Worst case- just dry it more. Put it in a warmer/drier space for a while.
honestly, i just put it in the over at 50 degrees for a few minutes, and now it's way better.... i know you're not supposed to to that but they were drying for a week win a fan blowing right on them and they wouldn't dry out enough.

how wet should a bud be for perfect cure? i think the best way to explain the kind of bud i like, is when it's dry enough that if you brake it up with a grinder with a kief catcher you're able to extract a bit of kief when grinding it up, is that too dry?

That sounds a bit on the dry side but sorta hard to say for sure. I mean - I do get trichomes falling off mine as well.

Most people aim to have it around 60% for storing and curing in the jar.

You’ll lose a lot of the smell of the bud when it gets too dry, if that’s a concern. And a bit more than just the smell. Once it gets too dry it doesn’t cure - meaning it has an off-smell, lost a lot of its terpenes, and doesn’t really improve with age. But it still gets you stoned.

Assuming your hygrometer is right -and you just prefer it dry, and you want to have your cured bud and smoke it too- you could keep it around 60 in the jar and just dry it out a little before smoking it.

True. We have %60-65 average RH here and buds never go dry enough. Luckily we had a very dry november this year and I jarred all my stuff between %55-60. Nugs on the coffee table were getting wet from the humidity this summer. It was a nightmare to grow huge plants under this heat and dampness.

Tell me about it... my climate here hovers between 90 and 100 RH most of the year round. If I want my bud to be more moist I just open the lid or spread it out on a shelf a little while :laughtwo:

The South East is notorious for it's humidity. The best seeds I have that seem'd to be able to handle it were my AK47's.

For some reason they thrived very well in our humid climate where others I had struggled with it.

As for curing my buds, I brought them in the house and put the buds close to the AC vent to keep them cool and the RH down far enough to dry properly...This wasn't as bad of an issue in winter time, so I was able to leave them in my basement for curing.

I also used the paper bag method for initial drying after the hang and trimming process...Buds in a paper bag, placed inside a cardboard box seemed to work pretty well.

I also put the curing jars in a spare fridge a couple of times and burped them in the fridge for an hour or so every day and that seemed to work ok as well.

I'm not sure if putting them in the fridge is acceptable practice or not, but I did get pretty decent smoke from doing it that way. Sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do if you have humidity issues...

That sounds a bit on the dry side but sorta hard to say for sure. I mean - I do get trichomes falling off mine as well.

Most people aim to have it around 60% for storing and curing in the jar.

You’ll lose a lot of the smell of the bud when it gets too dry, if that’s a concern. And a bit more than just the smell. Once it gets too dry it doesn’t cure - meaning it has an off-smell, lost a lot of its terpenes, and doesn’t really improve with age. But it still gets you stoned.

Assuming your hygrometer is right -and you just prefer it dry, and you want to have your cured bud and smoke it too- you could keep it around 60 in the jar and just dry it out a little before smoking it.
so if the humidity reading in the jar is around 60, will it keep drying? because if feels too moist right now even though it's reading 60, also, should i keep opening the jars daily? for how long?

It won’t change in the jar- that’s the whole point of putting it in the jar.
As far as that opening daily/‘burping’ thing- definitely not something I do but I think many on the forum do and could tell you more about how.
I guess taking the lid off the jar for a while is one way to get the bud to dry out a little if you live in a dry climate, or in my case -if I want it to get wetter.

Not sure what else to say. If you want it to be dryer then dry it out more- otherwise 60 works for most for a good curing RH.

so if the humidity reading in the jar is around 60, will it keep drying? because if feels too moist right now even though it's reading 60, also, should i keep opening the jars daily? for how long?
Burping (opening the lid for a spell) lets out the Co2 and lets in Oxygen, which keeps alive the good bacteria that lives on the chlorophyll, which you don't want in your smoke.

Read this thread I posted a while back, maybe it'll help? How To Tell If Your Cannabis Buds Are Cured Enough To Smoke

It won’t change in the jar- that’s the whole point of putting it in the jar.
As far as that opening daily/‘burping’ thing- definitely not something I do but I think many on the forum do and could tell you more about how.
I guess taking the lid off the jar for a while is one way to get the bud to dry out a little if you live in a dry climate, or in my case -if I want it to get wetter.

Not sure what else to say. If you want it to be dryer then dry it out more- otherwise 60 works for most for a good curing RH.
ok, thanks for the info, any side effects of drying to 50% humidity?

also, if i overdry my buds by accident, would putting the jars outside over night (because the humidity is high outside) would that re-hydrate them?

Burping (opening the lid for a spell) lets out the Co2 and lets in Oxygen, which keeps alive the good bacteria that lives on the chlorophyll, which you don't want in your smoke.

Read this thread I posted a while back, maybe it'll help? How To Tell If Your Cannabis Buds Are Cured Enough To Smoke
the trick i use is putting in it a grinder, and if it brakes up good and drops kief, then i say it's ready, but if it sticks together in the grinder and is hard to get it out of the grinder, then it's not ready, thing is, at 60% humidity i have issues because it sticks to the grinder

Back
Top Bottom