Can't keep humidity up

DMUD

420 Member
I have my 6" exhaust fan to come on when my temp exceeds 21 degrees, but in turn it keeps sucking all the humidity out of the air. Any solutions??

Put a humidifier in the grow space, or the space you draw the air from. Draw the intake air over cloth, with the ends in a bucket of water. Recirculate part of the air back through the intake. Well, there's a few ideas. I use an ultrasonic humidifier in my 2' x 4' tent.

I had a boron deficiency because my humidity was too low the air was too dry and the leaves sweat on a cannabis plant and without proper humidity the leaves can start to dry out, that's why when cloning you wanna keep the clones moist with high humidity.

I didn't know what was wrong with my grow I later found out my humidity was too low because my fans sucked it all out plus I was following manufacturers nute guidelines which was false so I cut that down about half to a quarter strength

My tent humidity stay between 40 & 50 % at 23 C. I have no idea what it should be but things seem healthy enough .

Attachments

• 20190428_101915.jpg
    20190428_101915.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 95
Go look up" VPD scale" mate. Vapour pressure deficit. Basically about how to keep the humidity relative to the temperatures for optimal growth. High temps are ok if the rh is balanced to suit so you might be able to get away with just turning it off.
I get over 30*c for most of my summer growing and it rarely bothers them.

Go look up" VPD scale" mate. Vapour pressure deficit. Basically about how to keep the humidity relative to the temperatures for optimal growth. High temps are ok if the rh is balanced to suit so you might be able to get away with just turning it off.
I get over 30*c for most of my summer growing and it rarely bothers them.
VPD is where its at ...you haven't seen these plants do anything until you have kept them in their sweet spot ..they just explode !

What I did was get a 5 gallon bucket and fill 1/2 way with water. I bought a tiny aquarium pump and timer. Timer turns on every 45 minutes and runs the pump for 2 minutes. Take a small hose and needle. Poke holes along the last 10 inches of the hose. I then Hung a clothes hangar with two wash cloths and put the hose with holes in between the wash cloths. It wets them. Aim a fan and you now have a swamp cooler red neck style. You can see the hose and power wire in pic.
20190226_180838[1].jpg

You could set your blower to come on at a higher temp, or not at all, depending on what stage you’re in.

A lot of times, I can get away with just an internal circulating fan pulling air in from an intake vent. Keeps it around 23-25C @ 55-65%.

Back
Top Bottom