Can't respond to home page articles?

Gazoo

Was just over reading the HOME PAGE news articles and wanted to responded with a comment
but after hitting the LEAVE COMMENT I was asked for my PASSWORD & Login info ? Entered my
420mag User name and password and was told its incorrect ?

Do I need to do something else when responding from the HOME PAGE ? Do I need to set-up
another user password to leave comments on the articles shown on the HOME PAGE ?

Thanks in advance
Gazoo

Our Home Page runs on different software from the forums, so it will need a separate log-in.

I can log in as I edit the page daily. However, I don't know what members need to do. :rolleyes:

I am tagging our Webmaster, @Marc Ocean, who will know the answer. He's away at the moment, back next week. Thanks for your patience.

Our Home Page runs on different software from the forums, so it will need a separate log-in.

I can log in as I edit the page daily. However, I don't know what members need to do. :rolleyes:

I am tagging our Webmaster, @Marc Ocean, who will know the answer. He's away at the moment, back next week. Thanks for your patience.

Basically the above. Right now you can't make comments.

OK But I think there could be an Issue as I and probably many others
have ENTERED our PASSWORDS & USER NAMES while trying to access
are we sure that will not cause problems in the event they are being logged

OK But I think there could be an Issue as I and probably many others
have ENTERED our PASSWORDS & USER NAMES while trying to access
are we sure that will not cause problems in the event they are being logged
Nope. They are totally separate logins as Teddy mentioned:
There is no "Gazoo" account for example so you'll just get an error.

We've discussed removing that login link because we received a report where someone was confused, so I'll bump that discussion to have it removed. If you want commenting back, @Teddy Edwards can forward the suggestion to Rob.

Nope. They are totally separate logins as Teddy mentioned:

There is no "Gazoo" account for example so you'll just get an error.

We've discussed removing that login link because we received a report where someone was confused, so I'll bump that discussion to have it removed. If you want commenting back, @Teddy Edwards can forward the suggestion to Rob.

Yes I did get the error BUT I wonder if it has gotten compromised ? I suspect it went to another
site and I have no idea if it has been logged

I will go and change my password now to be SAFE

Thanks for the clarification much appreciated

If you want commenting back, @Teddy Edwards can forward the suggestion to Rob.

If you want to keep that area "clean," you could create a forum specifically for article discussions. There might be an option to have the software auto-create a discussion thread each time an article is posted (and append a link to it from the bottom of the article). The auto-generated thread (first post) also contained a link back to the article. It could arguably increase traffic if the article area is being underutilized by the forum members.

If you want to keep that area "clean," you could create a forum specifically for article discussions. There might be an option to have the software auto-create a discussion thread each time an article is posted (and append a link to it from the bottom of the article). The auto-generated thread (first post) also contained a link back to the article. It could arguably increase traffic if the article area is being underutilized by the forum members.
Someone is already creating threads for the homepage articles. Most of them are in the Unanswered Threads section.

Back
Top Bottom