Can't seem to slow down

Urdedpal

I seem to have a problem. I have been wanting to cut back on weed but seem to have a hard time doing it. Today was the first day in months that I did not do a wake and bake and I have had no weed all day. I am about to blaze right now, I can only hope my will power gets better or I will run out before the next grow. Minus 1 blunt I have a qp left and it needs to last 4 months or more. I smoke on average anywhere from a 8th to a 1/4 a day and thats by myself. I want to cut that number to two grams a day.:peace:

find a time filler, that always helps when i want to cut back or take a break

get a new hobby (or an old one) that you really enjoy (wont work if your not enjoying yourself) and focus the time you would have been smoking on that and after a couple hours you wont even have realized you arnt high

Then I am not here in the forums.
I need to stop by daily cause of the news and grow area and when I am here I smoke. I am still trying. But there is a big smoke party this weekend with a big party favor that needs to be used.

It does help a lot to have something to do. Good luck cutting down though. It can be pretty tough.

You could........ only smoke on days that end in 'day'.

haha, sorry.

seriously, though, you could.. Just get the 2 grams your plan to smoke, daily and not go into your stash until the next day, to get your 2 grams.

I wouldn't be able to resist if I had it in my reach at all hours of the day. I, actually, don't know what I'd do. I, too, would most likely slow down on the smoking.

Good luck, Ur.. Quick question, how come you can't just start your grow a little early? or are things not 'prepared' yet?

:hmmmm:

you gotta find something to do to take up your time like someone already mentioned. if your sitting around doing nothing, your gonna wanna smoke weed so bad cause just...why not...you got nothnig to do. give yourself a reason not to smoke.

i smoke a load of week during the week, 3 oz a week on avg me and a few friends - almost 1oz per person per week. fri-sun i dont smoke cuz im always doing somethnig else thats time consuming that i dont even think about smoking weed. but if im sitting aroudn doing nothing im just dying for a toke out of pure boredom.

Wow, I have never had a problem with just stopping, must blow. Do something, shoot stuff, thats always fun. I dont know.....its kinda hard to not smoke when you ahve a bunch of weed sitting in front of you.

Just say no to drugs ... for a while ;)

Just remind yourself that there WILL be days when you can't be high, and that you don't need to get high to have fun or get through the day. Think of your lungs too, give them a break for a while. Your mind has adjusted to the THC and now being without it is no fun, it's all in your mind. Try to get used to doing the things you love without getting high first. Go for a 10 minute jog or run to get some dopamine and serotonin released, then take a shower and do something chill. I like to run sometimes when I'm on a smoke break, because the high afterwards can be very nice, known as the "runners high" Then again I'm fairly active anyway so that may not be your thing, but overall just try to focus your mind on other things besides lighting up another blunt. Hope I've helped somewhat, and good luck man. :allgood::peace:

I'm having the same damn problem. I just want to cut back just so my tolerance goes back down.

It's funny, i want to smoke more but can't, so i am the exact opposite.
My job takes up alot of my time.
I also have stoner friends and non stoner friends.
When i am with my non stoner friends, it's easy not to get high, cuz
we are always out doin stuff.

hmmm... well if ur trying to cutt back dan smoke small bowls one at a time dont smoke all at onceee...right when ur high comes down smoke again...i dunno its hard i stopped for a day cuz i had no weed and i couldnt wait till the next day to smoke again haha weed is just too good to not smoke!

i have a very hard time sleeping if i dont have my bud. I guess my body is so used to it from yrs of smoking daily, ive tried many times to quit for like at least a week, never went more then 2 days without it. As long as i have weed for night time , im fine.

well, iam a work-a-holic, but heres how i do it, and it conserves weed(until i get home to the g/f, then its gone.) i smoke a bowl right before work, and high till lunch, then i smoke another small bowl, and iam good till i get home. but thats me, and my job is durrrrrrrr anyway, i seen this news article about cocaine & dopamine, it said that if you were addicted to cocaine at one point in your life long enough, that your body no longer makes dopamine, and when you start to hurt, it hurts. thats the empression i got. so note to you all, do not do cocaine.

Edit: could you imagine if you actually did live past 50, and got arthritis or something and your body didnt make dopamine? fuck that.

Wow Urdedpal, you smoke alot! I guess that is what growing does to you, it's everywhere, then lets smoke it!

Just tell yourself that smoking only one time a day will make that one time much more pleasurable. I like to keep myself busy, like cleaning things, to keep my mind off smoking. I also put alot of ritual into my smoking sessions. Clean the table, clean the RooR, fill it up, get some ice, pack a bowl, light an incense, put on some music, pour a drink, all this stuff takes time and makes smoking that one bowl so much more enjoyable. Remember, tolerence is a bitch! Little by little, I have gotten back the point where one or two bowls from the RooR and I'm totally set. I used to have to buy OZ's for myself, now I only buy half-OZ's most of the time instead.

Back
Top Bottom