Can't seem to stop this

You have fans going?? The way to get nutrients from the roots to the shoots you need air movement down low. This promotes transpiration which is how the nutrients get from the soil to the leaves. Cant do it without water and transpiration.

The first pic those leaves down low are just out of the light. I usually trim that out before I flip to flower.

They don't look all that bad. There's something going on but could be a lack of N in VEG.. In flower they don't need as much N from the soil they will take it from the leaves in flower when the plant translocates nutrients to make flowers. That could be whats going on. Older leaves will die off as the flowers start to get going. Its actually good as long as its not the whole plant.
Yep I've got 3 fans going in there one oscillating at soil level, one fixed and one oscillating at canopy level.

Ive been watering with just a small amount of run off so I think when it comes to the next watering I'll do a little flush with about 3 gal of plain pH water and then water with 3/4 strength nutes.
My water is at 240ppm before nutes so I'm wondering if I've maybe got a build up in the root zone.
I think as long as I don't go mad it shouldn't hurt.

I was expecting the plants to eat the lower leaves in bloom but I'm just a little concerned they are doing it this early.

My water is at 240ppm before nutes
:oops:
Do you know everything that’s in it? That’s getting pretty high on alkalinity, which will affect the balance of your nutrient solution. I would suggest trying some RO or distilled water from the store.

Yep I've got 3 fans going in there one oscillating at soil level, one fixed and one oscillating at canopy level.

Ive been watering with just a small amount of run off so I think when it comes to the next watering I'll do a little flush with about 3 gal of plain pH water and then water with 3/4 strength nutes.
My water is at 240ppm before nutes so I'm wondering if I've maybe got a build up in the root zone.
I think as long as I don't go mad it shouldn't hurt.

I was expecting the plants to eat the lower leaves in bloom but I'm just a little concerned they are doing it this early.

They aren't "that" bad. Good to keep an eye out. Going into flower the plants are growing pretty fast so its not unusual to see a few issues with the older fan leaves. I have a strain that triples in size in stretch and turns completely yellow (gold) by day 30 in flower.

Point is some strains do weird stuff and its just part of the whole.

:oops:
Do you know everything that’s in it? That’s getting pretty high on alkalinity, which will affect the balance of your nutrient solution. I would suggest trying some RO or distilled water from the store.
I have this water report for my area but I've not really got much of an idea of how to interpret it.
Screenshot_20191220_102302_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191220_102315_com.android.chrome.jpg

R0 water here is pretty expensive so much so it wouldn't be worth growing if I used it.

I might try buying some bottled water and mixing 50/50 with tap water.

Hello , i am having the exact same issue with 1 plant of the 4 i have growing , but it is a auto and all the plants get fed from the same rez and 3 plants are great looking growing like crazy and then there is the 1 that wants to be a p.i.t.a. , i am in coco and using r.o.water and have have been adding cal mag -120 ppm to a zero ppm r.o.water .i dont have alot of yellow lower leaves but the rust spots are out of control for 28 days in to flower , mine are at the top of the plant working their way down the plant and from the tips of the leaves working their way back to the stems and i run a 5.9 -6 ph , i calibrate my pen daily before making the feed , i have had this problem ever since it started to flower , i have done the flush thing , lowered my calmag , nothing seems to work , temps 71-76 degree ,i may just be some plants are made to stress us out lol .i am using the mars 1000 watt ts led, for lighting . auto candy cane seeds.

I have this water report for my area but I've not really got much of an idea of how to interpret it.
Screenshot_20191220_102302_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20191220_102315_com.android.chrome.jpg

R0 water here is pretty expensive so much so it wouldn't be worth growing if I used it.

I might try buying some bottled water and mixing 50/50 with tap water.

Try "RO Buddie" from A-zon.

Just need to figure out a little plumbing. Can hook it up to a hose outlet and fill containers.

Also I think Walmart (spit) has RO water faucets you can fill containers with for pretty cheap.

Try "RO Buddie" from A-zon.

Just need to figure out a little plumbing. Can hook it up to a hose outlet and fill containers.

Also I think Walmart (spit) has RO water faucets you can fill containers with for pretty cheap.
I've got one of those Brita water filter jugs we never use, j have just tried filtering some of my tap water.
Before filtering I got 230ppm and after filtering it was down to 105ppm.
I've filtered a batch of 20l which I will water with tomorrow and see if it helps. :thumb:

If you’re in the Huntingdon North area, your water is classified as Very Hard (total hardness as CaCO3 is over 300 ppm).

Actual elemental readings are:

NO3 21-35 ppm
P 1-2 ppm
K ~12 ppm

Ca 116-122 ppm
Mg ~9 ppm
Fe 7-27 ppm
SO4 124-132 ppm
Na 60-62 ppm
Cl 95-102

So, lots of Ca already, but a bit low on Mg
Too much Fe, SO4, Na, and Cl

In particular, the Fe (ideal is <3 ppm), will interfere with uptake of Ca and P (see Mulder’s chart)

D76E8746-8C09-4AFF-9599-6C4D9B5382DE.png

Well whatever it is it's got a lot worse on one of the plants.
I'll buy some RO water and try giving the worst plant a flush.

I'm pretty sure you guys are correct and it's my crap tap water locking out a few elements in the nutes now.
Just hope I can sort them before it becomes critical.IMG_20191220_211500.jpgIMG_20191220_211457.jpgIMG_20191220_211413.jpgIMG_20191220_211352.jpg

Managed to find some good bottled water.
Already at 6.4 pH and coming in at 103 ppm.
I planned on a mini flush but after checking the run off I was getting 6.1 pH and 711 ppm so I flushed with plain water until runoff was 6.3 pH and was down to 260ppm.
I've then watered with around what the plants would usually take in a watering with a 3/4 dose of nutes.

Really hope this works as at the rate one of them is deteriorating I don't think it would make it to harvest.

Managed to find some good bottled water.
Already at 6.4 pH and coming in at 103 ppm.
I planned on a mini flush but after checking the run off I was getting 6.1 pH and 711 ppm so I flushed with plain water until runoff was 6.3 pH and was down to 260ppm.
I've then watered with around what the plants would usually take in a watering with a 3/4 dose of nutes.

Really hope this works as at the rate one of them is deteriorating I don't think it would make it to harvest.

How did this turn out, Bill?
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom