Cape Mountainside Bay Garden: Transkei Sativa Soil Grow

good morning/ afternoon Carmen. had a clone hermie half way once but was looking so good i just examined daily for pollen sacs. just kept gelding the bull so to speak till harvest. but yeah given the proximity of plants perhaps if it turns out that way you have fresh smoothie material and yes looks to be turning that way. View attachment 2286791
Damn Yogi, that is disappointing. I do like the smoke from the Wedding Cake. I'll watch it a while longer and if necessary it will get chopped. Thank you and I love Yoda!

Weekly Update:
The plants had a bit of rain this week and that always perks them up. Between them I am currently bottle feeding 20 litres of water twice a day. Holly gets 10 litres and the others get 5 litres each. If it is a feed day, they get that in the morning watering. They seem relatively pest free and I have been spraying them every two days. I have run out of the BT and I am going to see how it goes with the BB and neem until flower and monitor the efficacy of the BB on its own. It's going to be a mission when the rest of the plants demand more water too... trickle to fill, and up the hill lol. Otherwise nothing to report. I was probably premature getting excited at potential sexing. The Wedding Cake is not showing any further signs of sex, so I remain hopeful. The plants are all just bigger. Holly is shoulder height now for some perspective. I have a couple of cuttings each of the IITM and the DWD.

Photos from the top:
Holly
Molly (left), Mystery Purple (right)
Inzane ITM
Wedding Cake
DWD
L-18 x TK

DSC_2708-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_2712-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_2714-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_2716-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_2718-Edit-2.jpg

What a wonderful garden to hang out in! Looking forward to the invitation. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Isn't it glorious. Come on over. We'll have to invite the others too :circle-of-love:I hear yogi makes a good cup of tea! And all of y'all grow some fine smoke. Let's have a bonfire.

DSC_2770-Edit.jpg
DSC_2774-Edit.jpg

This morning I confirmed that Molly was a boy and thanked him for his time with me then snipped him into as many pieces as I could. Bye bye Molly :green_heart:

Weekly Update:
Molly grew balls and got the chop
I am now carrying 60 litres of water up the hill per day, compared with a week ago when I was on about 40 litres a day with 7 plants and I'm now down to 6. I will put a DWD clone out in a pot to take the place of Molly. I am pleased with their progress, have no major pest issues to report and no pest management / feed changes.
Photos as follows:
Holly - Transkei origin
Mystery Purple - bag seed Purple Haze
Inzane ITM - clone
DWD (my only plant that has serious pest and soil problems is stunted)
LC-18 x Transkei
Wedding Cake - clone
DSC_2784-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_2785-Edit.jpg
DSC_2786-Edit.jpg
DSC_2789-Edit.jpg
DSC_2791-Edit.jpg
DSC_2814-Edit.jpg

that is an awesome view, darn nice. The plants look lush and thick Carmen!
Isn't it lovely :) It's temporary for me as I am a short-term tenant here. No idea where to next.

Weekly Update:
Molly grew balls and got the chop
I am now carrying 60 litres of water up the hill per day, compared with a week ago when I was on about 40 litres a day with 7 plants and I'm now down to 6. I will put a DWD clone out in a pot to take the place of Molly. I am pleased with their progress, have no major pest issues to report and no pest management / feed changes.
Photos as follows:
Holly - Transkei origin
Mystery Purple - bag seed Purple Haze
Inzane ITM - clone
DWD (my only plant that has serious pest and soil problems is stunted)
LC-18 x Transkei
Wedding Cake - clone
DSC_2784-Edit-2.jpg
DSC_2785-Edit.jpg
DSC_2786-Edit.jpg
DSC_2789-Edit.jpg
DSC_2791-Edit.jpg
DSC_2814-Edit.jpg
Your doing an awesome job Carmen ;) Keep it up. Love that mountain photo.

@Lerugged , I followed your advice and have used the compost I had on hand, which happened to be organic mushroom compost to fertilize the soil surface for DWD. That and more water has helped her tremendously and she has begun to fatten up and go emerald green. She has been my smelliest plant, from when she was small. She is hip height now and showing promise. It's not easy to see in the photo because the background gets in the way.

I still have this beetle problem in her roots. I think they are weevils or something stalk boring, and their larvae
eat the roots. I have put down a stack of DE and that didn't deter them. I don't know what I can use as a drench to nuke them. Can you think of anything kind sirs? I think this might be it African Black Beetle

What a strong girl she is! She lives in the windiest, sandiest, most exposed spot. I look forward to growing out her clone in Orgasoilux.
IMG_20210126_104112.jpg
IMG_20210126_104651_1.jpg
IMG_20210126_105411.jpg

Yehaa. Those branches are looking a lot more like the growth I find on the Durbans I selected to parent. Winning. Yeah that is a super tough strain. Both seeds for the parent stock were dropped in the dirt up on that exposed deck and left to survive. They both thrived. They will take aa hammering in the wind. Hit around 62km / hour gusts two nights ago and my ladies have not skipped a beat. You have seen the pics. Lots of water and watch for if she is starting to get hungry and feed. Water only until she looks hungry. Feed then water etc. Such an easy cycle. Kiss is theyour vibe. The transkei x LC-18 is also looking similar to the two I have going. Finding the Durban side seems to come up more often. Everything looks great.

Yehaa. Those branches are looking a lot more like the growth I find on the Durbans I selected to parent. Winning. Yeah that is a super tough strain. Both seeds for the parent stock were dropped in the dirt up on that exposed deck and left to survive. They both thrived. They will take aa hammering in the wind. Hit around 62km / hour gusts two nights ago and my ladies have not skipped a beat. You have seen the pics. Lots of water and watch for if she is starting to get hungry and feed. Water only until she looks hungry. Feed then water etc. Such an easy cycle. Kiss is theyour vibe. The transkei x LC-18 is also looking similar to the two I have going. Finding the Durban side seems to come up more often. Everything looks great.
Thanks LR! Much appreciated.

I don't know anything about beetles but I can tell you not to use what that link recommends for control: Beta-Cyfluthrin.

• Cyfluthrin is slightly to highly toxic if eaten
• Cyfluthrin is moderately toxic if inhaled
• Beta-cyfluthrin (a form of cyfluthrin) has been found to be twice as toxic as cyfluthrin if eaten or breathed in

Source

the background gets in the way
Uh yeah it does!

I don't know anything about beetles but I can tell you not to use what that link recommends for control: Beta-Cyfluthrin.

• Cyfluthrin is slightly to highly toxic if eaten
• Cyfluthrin is moderately toxic if inhaled
• Beta-cyfluthrin (a form of cyfluthrin) has been found to be twice as toxic as cyfluthrin if eaten or breathed in

Source

Uh yeah it does!
I wouldn't touch that poison, have no fear! Nothing could persuade me to pour that into our earth. I am going to try with a heavy drench of Bauveria Bassiana, which I have on hand. I will repeat the DE and do the BB daily and see if that can help. I will try to get a different angle of the plant today.

EDIT - here she is after a watering, looking so much stronger than half a week ago. After the water had sunk in properly I poured a 1.5 litre dose of BB solution into her roots.
IMG_20210127_113851.jpg

Back
Top Bottom