Capn's Cloning battle. Clonex VS Bloom Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCapn

When cloning, we all want to produce roots quicker, and more importantly, we want new growth to come quickly after roots form. Recently, I wrote an article, showing step by step on how I clone in rockwool, with a 100% success rate. Read that article here.

After nice roots form in two weeks, we all struggle with getting the plant to a rapid growth stage. It seems it takes a couple more weeks before it really takes off. If we give it nutrients too soon, we can actually stunt the growth and set it back drastically.

This article will be two parts; In the first part, I'll be battling it out between a clonex based cloning solution, and my regular, bloom nutrient solution (2 clones in each) to see which one produces more roots, quicker. In the second part, I will be doing experiments in the 3-4th week from cut, to see what techniques will help jump start those clones into rapid, vegetative growth stage.

Let's get on with the cuts:

ALL 4 clones:
4 clones from the same mother plant
3" rock wool blocks
clonex rooting gel on all 4 clones
5m / gal "orca" beneficial bacteria
set PH between 5.6-5.9

For two clones we use Clonex rooting solution + orca + aqua shield, and spray with clonex mist:
20ml/gal clonex solution (as directed on bottle)

For the other two clones we use GH bloom nutrient at 230ppm, + orca + aqua shield, no mist

Mother plant:
mother16.jpg

Soaking rock wool blocks:
soak.jpg

Showing PPM of bloom mix
bloomppm.jpg

Showing PPM of clonex mix
clonexppm.jpg

All cut and set in blocks
done10.jpg

And into the cooker they go
InDome.jpg

After 2-3 weeks, we will turn these over and see what kind of root growth we have. See you then!

Yo Pinkman! If you want me to help with the research send me a recipe you would like to test and ill run it in a day oe two in my turbo. I got the aqua shield, voodoo, great white and lots of other stuff. That's if it will help your testing?
Subbed up also bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom