Carbon filter and fans

Tripod7

I am new to growing and I'm just wondering am I supposed to have the carbon filter and fan on during the veg stage or the flower stage or both I would appreciate any help thank you

Well you want to have the ventilation going to get fresh air in, as if someone stuck you in an enclosed space the oxygen level would drop over time (depends how big the space is and how airtight, so same can apply to your plants). Far as the filter there is a lot of variables:
some strains smell more than others
some setups it would be a pain to bypass the filter and not worth time involved over having to replace filter medium more often
some setups you are using a filter on the intake also to keep out bugs/dust bunnies/pet hair/etc..

Haven't seen a poll (well or that many people saying they don't have filter during Veg), but my guess majority of the folks run it thru the filter during the whole grow.

If you are worried about odor yes always have the carbon filter connected and fans running. Depending on your grow you can either leave the fan on 24/7 or setup to come on at certain times or certain temps. I have seen all setups produce great product, this is a very situational question IMO.

It's not necessary to have the carbon filter running during a veg phase unless your plants are sleepy bastards. I actually grew a plant once that smelled like skunk even during veg.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It's not necessary to have the carbon filter running during a veg phase unless your plants are sleepy bastards. I actually grew a plant once that smelled like skunk even during veg.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

true due the veg they dont smell beacouse there's nothing to smell well its a lie they produce their own odor and odor depends on the strain infact in my opinion carbon will be needed in most cases little bit after pre-flowerring phase :)

Back
Top Bottom