Carbon Filter - Making your own for grow box

Jeeztatted

I'm a new grower and I have a question about making a carbon filter for my grow box.

I just built my grow box. It's 4 1/2 ft tall and 2 ft wide. For such a small grow box I feel like I can make my own carbon filter instead of buying a $40+ filter from the store.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a carbon filter ? I've been looking up some videos on YouTube but I just want to make sure I know what im doing.

And do I need a air duct to put the filter in? I don't think I do cuz the box is so small. Can I just hang the filter and attach the exuast fan to it ?

Also what type of fan will remove the air from the box at a high rate. But not to big so that it takes up to much space.

Picture and instructions would be great.

Please help, anyone info will be used.

Re: Carbon Filter / Making your own for grow box.

simple you make one out of a item the same width as a computer fan.

Item I can think of off the top of my head are cottage cheese cans, small cardboard box, or just make the box out of plywood.

All that needs to happen is air passing through the carbon before being shot outside.

imagine something as simple as taking a plastic cup from jack in the box. Cut off the bottom then put a screen of some sort on the bottom gluing the screen to stay put or heck just put a rubber band around it. Then fill the cup with carbon and attach another screen to top of cup. Now attach this to a computer fan and there is your carbon filter.

Re: Carbon Filter / Making your own for grow box.

Thank you that's makes a lot of sense. And simple.

And that link helps a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom