Carbon filter question

freedom8976

Hey guys, i recently purchased a carbon filter for my grow tent. First grow, still setting up and i do not know much about what i am doing .
The filter came dusted with carbon that has leach off of it. I had to wipe it clean. when i shake it some carbon comes off. Is this normal or is it bad quality or do i just got a defective one? I know that when i hang it in the tent it will not cause much of a problem but i would like to know whats up.
Thx !!!

Think it's pretty normal to get a bit come out when you first unpack it. As long as half of it isn't pouring out everywhere you should be good. Had a fair bit of fine granules come out of the rhino hobby I got recently.

Hey guys, i recently purchased a carbon filter for my grow tent. First grow, still setting up and i do not know much about what i am doing .
The filter came dusted with carbon that has leach off of it. I had to wipe it clean. when i shake it some carbon comes off. Is this normal or is it bad quality or do i just got a defective one? I know that when i hang it in the tent it will not cause much of a problem but i would like to know whats up.
Thx !!!
hook it up and the only thing that id worry about if she blows carbon out ya might look like a old coal miner

Can rinse it in the tub. It's carbon dust and normal but likely a sign of lowerish quality. What brand is the filter?

I stand my filter up on the floor outside the tent so I dont drop it or hit my head on it. Then I can clean it between grows or whenever I need to without a major challenge.

To clean - can bake it in your outdoor grill on medium for 1/2 hour or so let it cool rinse with water back into action.

Back
Top Bottom