Carbon filter truths

Porthos

Greetings all,

1st time grower here and I have a correctly matched (according to much reading)carbon filter fan combo bought thru amizonn and the question is this: After installing it made almost no difference at all, and after 2 months and into 6th week of flower I'm getting a little concerned. It is connected to 3 feet of duct to the outside from a 30" x 30" x 72" box. I am wondering if there is a REAL difference in makes/models of these filters. I have read at least a thousand times here and elsewhere "after installing my filter I can't smell a thing!"

Well if that's how it's supposed to be what am I doing wrong? Is it possible to get filters that do absolutely nothing? I'm not calling out any brand here, but if where you get your filter from REALLY matters any suggestions? How bout where I can get carbon that really works to reload my can?

Thank you kindly for getting this far.

"Knowledge is not power until it is leveraged."

sounds like you might have a air leak somewhere or old carbon maybe i get mine at walmart in the pet isle witht he fish stuff 6 bucks for 9oz

Greetings all,

1st time grower here and I have a correctly matched (according to much reading)carbon filter fan combo bought thru amizonn and the question is this: After installing it made almost no difference at all, and after 2 months and into 6th week of flower I'm getting a little concerned. It is connected to 3 feet of duct to the outside from a 30" x 30" x 72" box. I am wondering if there is a REAL difference in makes/models of these filters. I have read at least a thousand times here and elsewhere "after installing my filter I can't smell a thing!"

Well if that's how it's supposed to be what am I doing wrong? Is it possible to get filters that do absolutely nothing? I'm not calling out any brand here, but if where you get your filter from REALLY matters any suggestions? How bout where I can get carbon that really works to reload my can?

Thank you kindly for getting this far.

"Knowledge is not power until it is leveraged."
Hopefully someone else will chime in with real-world advice. From the research that I have done your fan motor should be inside your tent along with your filter. That should help keep the noise down. The filter first then the fan motor pulling air through the filter, making sure you have no air leaks. It is recommended that they filter be at the top of your space to draw the smell and the heat out.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420

Hopefully someone else will chime in with real-world advice. From the research that I have done your fan motor should be inside your tent along with your filter. That should help keep the noise down. The filter first then the fan motor pulling air through the filter, making sure you have no air leaks. It is recommended that they filter be at the top of your space to draw the smell and the heat out.

Good luck and I hope you find a solution soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420
You should make sure you're pulling more air out then can get into the tent. You have ti keep negative air pressure. How are you drawing air into your tent?

Sent from my SM-G930T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You should put the filter inside and the fan outside the room.
So the air is sucked through the filter, and there's possibly crack on the fan, so if its inside it can suck the odor bypassing the filter.

But its not perfect, I chop 2/3 of my plant yesterday (64 days 12/12) because the smell leaked from the tent.
At least there were no smell for the first 6 weeks of bloom!

Back
Top Bottom