Carbon filter with a high powered 6" pc fan

09bigbud09

got a quick question if anyone is willing to help me out it'd greatly appreciated, trying to skip out on silencing my inline fan this time around and wondering if anyone has had success using a high powered 'pc'/axial fan, i found one that caught my eye, a 6" 235cfm flat whisper fan. i know these fans wont measure up to an inline but its in a small cab so i dont need a huge filter thinkin a 4" phat about 200cfm rated with a 6" to 4" reducer for the pc fan, also wondering if anyone has experience using a deau passe filter or carbon fibre filter or triple layer single pass or whatever u want to call them small hepa looking like filters, bcnl advertises them with their products and im basically modding their design, so i think to myself if they are using a smaller rated cfm but similarily designed pc fan, a fibre carbon filter with some ona gel....if i used the same style setup only adding more cfm's, possibly the phat filter as opposed to fibre carbon filter, i should be good to go? just looking for some opinion on this cause i dont want to make another muffler setup for an inline, which reminds me, using a pc fan should i push or pull the air thru the filter? thanks for your time

re: Carbon filter with a high powered 6" pc fan

wow these are really that quiet? you gotta be shittin me lol, these will make the perfect addition to a grow cab if they are that quiet which model do u use

planning on using a 400w, which size fan should i run? at the price of these s&p units would vent the lights seperately from the filter

could u plase refrase your question, as i cant understand what your saying

i'm running a 400w with mine, its a 125mm 350cfm s&p fan that cools a dr80, i find that as long as my house ambient temperatures stay around 70 to 75f my grow room temps remain at a comfortable level.

sorry basically i was asking which model of the s&p fans i should use for venting a 400hps, since these are really quiet i was going to buy two of these fans, one for a carbon filter and the other venting the lights seperately, from the sounds of things you use one fan for both?? which model number do you have?

Eh, computer fans are designed to move air and heat, yet not to operate with any static pressure.
Start adding ductwork or filters and they are not going to work as well.
Stealth grow would be difficult, but if possible, an inline fan and isolate it by hanging it in a frame by wires or straps and using flex duct on both ends, a couple of foot if possible.
We do this with higher end HVAC systems that use hard duct by running the first three foot from the trunk and the last five foot to the supply/return with flex while hanging the remaining length of hard duct on rubber isolated hangers using wire.

Back
Top Bottom