Carbon inline Filters

OctoberKing

I'm setting up a small space to grow, it's 24" wide x 24" deep x 45" tall. I'm drawing in fresh air from outdoors through a 4" duct line at the bottom of my cabinet and expelling the air through a 4" duct at the top of the cabinet to the outside. Because of my small space I'd like to keep my 4" 171 CFM inline fan and carbon filter outside of my cabinet. Question is this;

Can I have my filter at the end of my ventilation run? I suspect the filters were designed to have air pulled through them, the filter being at the start of the ventilation system and not at the end. I'm hoping someone has done this or is aware of a filter that would be better suited for what I'm trying to do?

Peace,
OctKing

Pushing the skunky air through the filter will work. You need to make sure your cab is sealed well other than the opening where your drawing from. Also air needs to be expelled faster than it is drawn creating negative pressure for this to work either way, pushing or pulling exhaust.

Good luck and welcome to to forum.

I'm setting up a small space to grow, it's 24" wide x 24" deep x 45" tall. I'm drawing in fresh air from outdoors through a 4" duct line at the bottom of my cabinet and expelling the air through a 4" duct at the top of the cabinet to the outside. Because of my small space I'd like to keep my 4" 171 CFM inline fan and carbon filter outside of my cabinet. Question is this;

Can I have my filter at the end of my ventilation run? I suspect the filters were designed to have air pulled through them, the filter being at the start of the ventilation system and not at the end. I'm hoping someone has done this or is aware of a filter that would be better suited for what I'm trying to do?

Peace,
OctKing

Wacky is right :thumb:

Normally the carbon filter always goes first.

Always pull the air through the carbon filter into the fan that sucks it out.

You can also Push the air through, but remember to have a mesh of some kind where it gets sucked in,

No particles and as little smell as possible should accumulate on your fan.

You could also build a flat pre-filter with a folded piece of filter fleece

and a handful of activated carbon for fishtank filters

And some duct tape, of course ;)

:goodluck:

That could very well be the case cans and pfresh can go either way.

I was told some filters need to be pulled through but newer ones can be pushed or pulled.

Y'all are awesome, thanks for the information. I believe creating the negative pressure in my cab is key. The cab is absolutely air and light tight except at my intake and outlet ports. So what about this, considering I'm only going to be growing a couple plants at a time, and the air I expel from my cab will be ported via 4" flexible duct to a vent at the ridge line of my home is a filter even necessary? I'm in a fairly rural area.

Peace,
OctKing

That's like asking me if you should use a condom, your call....be careful dude.

Y'all are awesome, thanks for the information. I believe creating the negative pressure in my cab is key. The cab is absolutely air and light tight except at my intake and outlet ports. So what about this, considering I'm only going to be growing a couple plants at a time, and the air I expel from my cab will be ported via 4" flexible duct to a vent at the ridge line of my home is a filter even necessary? I'm in a fairly rural area.

Peace,
OctKing

Back
Top Bottom