Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Hi, John- Great to have you back!
That one started out in a little "vase" with plain tap water...when it started getting little root nubbies on the stem, I stuck it in the solo cup and fed it the equivalent of 1g/gal of Mega Crop.
I do keep that clear solo cup in a regular cup to block the light.

That particular clone is still at the "might live, might not" phase,so the jury's still out on that one.
@ProfessorFlora starts his clones in water before he sticks them into the soil, and it seems to work real well for him, so I decided I'd give that a try- although, I've also had good results (x2) just sticking them into wet dirt and forgetting about them for about 3 weeks (except to keep the soil damp) .

Thank you, Carcass. I'm going to try that once I get started again.
I appreciate all you guys for your help. :thanks:

Enjoy trim jail!!
It wasn't too bad, 4 hours from pot to closet...although when I look at the tiny bit of trimmings, I kind of wonder what took me so long...I think being an old fart might have slowed me down a little... ;)

Well alright then-Harvest time! Here's a few parting shots of the AP auto,which started out as a tiny mutant,but ended up like this:

The final Saugaview®: (that's a Gelat.OGauto bottom right)
1589660581408.jpeg

And a side view...
1589660665913.jpeg

A budshot or 2...
double bud
1589660763017.jpeg

regular bud...
1589660830228.jpeg

double bud again, before trimming...
1589660911354.jpeg

I forgot to get any other pics before trimming,so I've just got an "after" pic...

notice the tiny pile of trimmins....doesn't look like 3 hours worth....jeez, I'm slow....
1589661072588.jpeg

And from there it went into the closet, where it'll live for 5 days or so:
1589661331816.jpeg

The wet weight is 26oz/728grams, so dry and de-stemmed it should be 20-25% of that...
103 days old, 67 days flowering.

Fed nothing but Mega Crop, with a very little bit of GLN's Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy
added the last 30 days of flowering..it may have helped her a little...or..it was the reason all the big fan leaves fell off in the last 2 weeks- either way,it didn't hurt the buds a bit.!

So that's it for that one,time to start on some more...

I actually got a Gelat.OG auto seed to sprout last week, and, this morning a Pink Kush CBD sprouted,and
so did a ChemDawg#4. !

The ChemDawg (a gift from my son, @13goody13 ) is a photo, so it will be growing outside as soon as it's established, and the autos get the box.

Thanks for looking,and I hope everyone has a great weekend!
But stay safe in the process, please! :peace:

Congrats on the harvest and on the new babies!
Thanks,Candy!
I used the paper towel germination method this time, and it actually worked!
I used to always do it that way, but for some reason(?) I stopped a year or so ago.
Needless to say ,that's how I'll germinate stuff from now on.

Happy to see my seeds weren’t cursed!
The seeds are/were fine-I just seem to have bad luck getting stuff to germinate- in fact- the ChemDawg actually sprouted yesterday- unfortunately,it came up root first(?) so I had to dig it up and turn it over...very surprising that it survived that...but today it's doing just fine!

The seeds are/were fine-I just seem to have bad luck getting stuff to germinate- in fact- the ChemDawg actually sprouted yesterday- unfortunately,it came up root first(?) so I had to dig it up and turn it over...very surprising that it survived that...but today it's doing just fine!
That plant should be a beast outside. The one I have growing inside is loving the full dose of sweet candy along with the MegaCrop. Looked like it would never finish but it’s nearing its final week(s) now. Your special LRX babies are moving right along finally too :headbanger:

It wasn't too bad, 4 hours from pot to closet...although when I look at the tiny bit of trimmings, I kind of wonder what took me so long...I think being an old fart might have slowed me down a little... ;)

Well alright then-Harvest time! Here's a few parting shots of the AP auto,which started out as a tiny mutant,but ended up like this:

The final Saugaview®: (that's a Gelat.OGauto bottom right)
1589660581408.jpeg

And a side view...
1589660665913.jpeg

A budshot or 2...
double bud
1589660763017.jpeg

regular bud...
1589660830228.jpeg

double bud again, before trimming...
1589660911354.jpeg

I forgot to get any other pics before trimming,so I've just got an "after" pic...

notice the tiny pile of trimmins....doesn't look like 3 hours worth....jeez, I'm slow....
1589661072588.jpeg

And from there it went into the closet, where it'll live for 5 days or so:
1589661331816.jpeg

The wet weight is 26oz/728grams, so dry and de-stemmed it should be 20-25% of that...
103 days old, 67 days flowering.

Fed nothing but Mega Crop, with a very little bit of GLN's Bud Explosion and Sweet Candy
added the last 30 days of flowering..it may have helped her a little...or..it was the reason all the big fan leaves fell off in the last 2 weeks- either way,it didn't hurt the buds a bit.!

So that's it for that one,time to start on some more...

I actually got a Gelat.OG auto seed to sprout last week, and, this morning a Pink Kush CBD sprouted,and
so did a ChemDawg#4. !

The ChemDawg (a gift from my son, @13goody13 ) is a photo, so it will be growing outside as soon as it's established, and the autos get the box.

Thanks for looking,and I hope everyone has a great weekend!
But stay safe in the process, please! :peace:

It killed a few isolation / quarantine / social distancing hours for you. I'm sometimes at a loss, wondering what to do, since we're limited to one trip out of the house per week for shopping.

I'm sometimes at a loss, wondering what to do
Hi,Old Salt
It was nice to have something to do for the first half of the day-
I go to the grocery store just once a week (unless I forget something)
And I go to the nursing home and talk to my mom through the window every few days, but other than that, there's not much to do...and you can only watch so much Netflix!
But, if that's what it takes to stay safe (and alive) that's what we've got to do.
How have you been doing, Old Salt? (other than going stir crazy)
Congrats on the harvest and well done.
Thank You,HH, and I hope your Nightengale harvest goes well tomorrow...
You're going to have a ton of CBD by the time you're done with them all!

That plant should be a beast outside.
I read up on that strain - It definitely has the potential to be a nice one...
I'd like to plant it in the ground,but I need to keep it portable, so it'll probably end up in a 10 gallon Geopot
like that LRx clone that's out there now. Should still be able to get fairly large in 10 gallons.
We will see ;)

Hi,Old Salt
It was nice to have something to do for the first half of the day-
I go to the grocery store just once a week (unless I forget something)
And I go to the nursing home and talk to my mom through the window every few days, but other than that, there's not much to do...and you can only watch so much Netflix!
But, if that's what it takes to stay safe (and alive) that's what we've got to do.
How have you been doing, Old Salt? (other than going stir crazy)

Thank You,HH, and I hope your Nightengale harvest goes well tomorrow...
You're going to have a ton of CBD by the time you're done with them all!

I'm staying relatively sane, doing stuff around the house. I have my grandaughter's laptop to fix, and have taken mixing ingredients for my capsules to the next level. I'm just trying to keep to my pre-covid activity level. Before covid, I had only about five hrs a week with people other than my wife. During the past three months, I've had one day before our daughter was deployed overseas. Shopping doesn't count, as interaction is minimized. I made a few hundred capsules in case someone I know, that doesn't normally use it, gets covid. Cannabis reportedly can calm the cytokine storm it causes.

I'm staying relatively sane, doing stuff around the house.
Same here, although there's only so much you can do around the house...With just Mrs.C. and I here,
things don't get very messed up, so doing the dishes and the laundry are about the only things that
have to get done .
Although,both my washer and dryer have quit working since this started, so I had to fix them both
(motor on the washer, gas valve solenoid on the dryer) so that gave me something to do for a little while...
Waiting on solenoid coils for the dryer now which seem to be lost somewhere between Amazon and my house....

Cannabis reportedly can calm the cytokine storm it causes.
I had to google "Cytokine release syndrome"....jeez, like covid wasn't already bad enough.
Hopefully no one you know ever needs the capsules, but it's great that you're prepared if they do...
We'll get through this one way or another- I just hope the country doesn't have a relapse from some states "opening up" before the virus has fully run it's course.
Stay safe, Old Salt- We'll get through this by doing what we've been doing,however long it takes:thumb:

Great harvest carcass!!

Thanks,BL!
You've got something of a harvest coming up on Wednesday too...(baby BL :cheesygrinsmiley: )
I wish you and Mrs. BL the best- hopefully the delivery goes smooth as butter!:love:

Congrats on a wonderful harvest and thanks for all the great pics :)
Thank you,Mr.Sauga!
I had some doubts about that one for a long time- it had a rough early life, but it really perked up toward the end !

Great work and enjoy! :)
Thanks, 420!
I did enjoy a little quick dried bud last night! Tasted terrible, but 2 hits did the trick!
Two sleeps left!!
After Wednesday, the "there's a newborn in da house" sleep schedule starts- so enjoy those last two!

Speaking of newborns....We're babysitting the 3 month old granddaughter today, so I'm going to wait till tomorrow or this evening to do my update...not a lot going on anyway, except watching the pot dry, which is about as exciting as it sounds...

Back
Top Bottom