Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Looks great should be a good harvest!
Thanks, Smokey! -It'll be nice to not have to water and schlep them in and out every day
At least we don’t need to worry about CBD for a while.
Nope, I'm covered on the CBD for a looonng time-for their size, those are some very productive plants-smallish buds, but a literal shitload of them on each plant...
Holy Moly Carcass, they are all beauties!
Thanks, Boo!
I’m curious about the little red solo cup looking thing on the wall in your box?
That's a thermometer probe cover- keeps the probe in the shade so it reads air temp, instead of being heated up by the light and giving incorrect readings... It is just the bottom half of a solo cup :)
Thanks -to you and 13-goody - for documenting your CBG adventures.
You're welcome, Amy- there will be more info as we both learn a bit more about it.
I'm pretty sure I'm noticing another (physical) benefit from it, but I don't want to elaborate on it till I'm sure it's the cbg that's helping ...

I'm going with a 20% difference in harvest weight between the topped and untopped CBD's, but I am terrible at guessing these things so pay no attention to that.

They both look great and the patio is going to be pretty bare tomorrow night without those!

schlep them in and out every day
You mean you're not completely used to it yet? If I didn't have plants to move every day I'd never get my 10,000 steps in. :)

Oh, WC is looking really pretty in silhouette! But drop that Green Crack without delay.

I'm going with a 20% difference in harvest weight between the topped and untopped CBD's, but I am terrible at guessing these things so pay no attention to that.
I think you're probably pretty close- But guessing yields definitely isn't my strong suit either...
You mean you're not completely used to it yet?
Oh, I'm used to it...it'll just be nice to not have to do it for the next 6 months or so...
But drop that Green Crack without delay.
That is also on tomorrows (or this afternoon's) schedule...
Some effects of using it that I’m not sure are real yet
Close to the same thing with me- but I'm sure the effects are real, but I'm not positive that the cbg is what's doing it-(it could be the cbd) I'll go 4 or 5 days without cbg and see if the problem returns...

The SaugaView®:
There's some knock-off Saugerviews going around. I can always rely on you to make my world right again. :high-five:
I'll post up some harvest pics later on in the week
Have fun with the harvest!
It'll be interesting to compare the yields to see if topping really makes much of a difference
:reading420magazine:
it sure looks like it will, but ya never know for sure till the final weigh in...
That sounds so electoral.

> I'll tell you what- since I started with the cbg/cbd/thc combination in the evenings, I've slept better than I have in years.
The cbd/thc combination was working real well, but with the addition of the cbg- even better!

We've found the same. We call it the trifecta and for my wife it's the best thing to knock down the pain of an ulcerative colitis attack. Reduces the pain and inflammation almost immediately when vaped as a dry herb. But I'd love to make up some gummies and/or tincture as well for a daily regimen/management attempt.

We've found the same. We call it the trifecta and for my wife it's the best thing to knock down the pain of an ulcerative colitis attack. Reduces the pain and inflammation almost immediately when vaped as a dry herb. But I'd love to make up some gummies and/or tincture as well for a daily regimen/management attempt.
Hi bubkas- want to make sure I understand which you are talking about wrt the ulcerative colitis (not fun btw :(). Is the trifecta you are referring to the combo of THC, CBD, and CBG having the effect listed above for your wife? And if so, any idea what that mixture is? Thank you!

Hi bubkas- want to make sure I understand which you are talking about wrt the ulcerative colitis (not fun btw :(). Is the trifecta you are referring to the combo of THC, CBD, and CBG having the effect listed above for your wife? And if so, any idea what that mixture is? Thank you!

Yep, it's a rough estimate but thc/cbd/cbg flower ground together and used in a dry herb vape : 1/3 blue dream (thc) 1/3 sour space candy (CBD) & 1/3 White CBG flower. Blue Dream is about 17%, CBD is about 15% and CBG is about 13%, so roughly equal when combined and vaped. Thus, the "trifecta."

It's the best thing for her, both for immediate pain relief when it hits, and it allows her to sleep through the night. I like it too. Very relaxing, not stupifying, but you can feel it. Effects are fairly long-lasting. And it's very cost effective with no side effects. It's the killer combo for us.

Thank you very much for that info!

CBG flower....I guess it makes sense that you can grow it! :thanks:

Yep, and for those of us in not-so-420-friendly states, it's easily obtained legally online from a variety of high-quality hempflower producers, since like CBD flower it is < .3% THC

Almost all the really good hemp farms are now producing at least 1, usually 2-3, good quality CBG flowers along with their CBD. The improvements in quality and variety throughout the CBD world have been, quite frankly, amazing. Up until recently there were few CBG options but that's changing rapidly. White CBG, the strain we have, is relatively recent -- I bought it about 3-4 mo ago -- but there are quite a few even newer ones that get even stronger reviews. I'm looking forward to trying some of them.

I should add, the THC flower in the mix definitely makes a huge difference in overall effectiveness. The way it hits different endo-cannabanoid receptors than the CBD and CBG seems to create a much stronger entourage effect. The painkilling effectiveness goes way up. For us, at least, they play very well together! :)

There's some knock-off Saugerviews going around.
I'd rather pay a little more for the real thing... ;)
Congratulations on wrapping up your last outdoor grow for the year, Carc!!
Thanks, Sy! I'm glad that one's done- just in time, too- the weather went to crap on Tuesday, and it's probably going to stay crappy for a few months..
Congrats on the harvests and the chunky beautiful gals!
Thank You, Candy- 4 harvests down, one to go!
We call it the trifecta
Hi, bubkas! thanks for stopping by!
It really is a great combination- Mrs.C. doesn't smoke, but every evening she has a thc gummy, along with a cbd/cbg gummy-Works great for her aches and pains, and she sleeps like a baby...
I smoke my dosage, and it does the same for me.
And if so, any idea what that mixture is? Thank you!
1/3 blue dream (thc) 1/3 sour space candy (CBD) & 1/3 White CBG flower.
That's about the same way I do it...(except with Gelat.Og)

Here's why it's called White CBG:
1603390159695.jpeg

CBG flower....I guess it makes sense that you can grow it!
I didn't know there was actual cbg pot till about a month ago- I thought they just got it from regular hemp...
the THC flower in the mix definitely makes a huge difference in overall effectiveness.
It really does- and it doesn't take much, either...I mean you don't have to get super baked to get the benefits...

Harvest Update:
I removed most of the fan leaves from the 2 cbd clones on Tuesday, here's what they looked like on Wednesday morning:
1603391801598.jpeg

And the topped one:
1603391846148.jpeg

I didn't get a lot of pics of the process, but we all know how that goes-
1603391975345.jpeg

5.5 hours later, the buds were washed and hanging outside for a couple hours to get rid of the excess water from the wash- that's 20 feet of "clothesline"
1603392088526.jpeg

I kept the buds separated so I can see if the topped one actually produced more than the untopped one...

There's a lot of stem there, so these wet weights have very little to do with the final yield-but they do show
the difference in the 2 plants-

Clone #1- 1lb. 10oz.
1603392644270.jpeg

( Clone #2- 2lbs. 1.9oz.
1603392733603.jpeg

So, 8oz difference in wet weights...I'll compare the de-stemmed dry weights in 6 or 7 days-

I was going to dry these in the fridge, but my youngest son is moving into a new house this weekend, and he needs to borrow my spare fridge...so they'll just hang in the closet like I usually do it...
1603393776282.jpeg

I also soaked a GreenCrack auto seed Tuesday afternoon,(Thanks, Son!) It went into a paper towel yesterday, and this morning I had this:

1603394674170.jpeg

So...here we go again!
1603395565113.jpeg

That's about all I've got today- Hopefully the Green Crack auto pops her head out in a day or 2.....

Thanks for looking!
I hope everyone's day is going well!:peace:

Congrats on the last harvest of the outdoor season
Thanks, Shed! I didn't get to try out the citric acid on the powdery mildew- it'll be here tomorrow!
I lost about an ounce of wet stuff to it, so it didn't do a whole lot of damage...
She is a big beautiful fucking monster!
Thanks, Tra!- Actually 2 mid-sized monsters!

Back
Top Bottom