Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I know I've got to do something about him pretty soon,
but not quite yet....
I would do 3 things to him very soon.
  1. I would harvest his pollen into a container and cut it half/half with flour so that I could save it in the fridge and individually pollinate single branches of many plants with him.
  2. I would turn his huge stalk into a very cool pipe.
  3. Then I would till him under into my compost heap, and all of his goodness would go back into my future grows.

I would turn his huge stalk into a very cool pipe.
Any tutorials on this? My Lemon Og Candy I just harvested has a substantial stalk on her. Cool idea Emilya.

I would harvest his pollen into a container and cut it half/half with flour so that I could save it in the fridge and individually pollinate single branches of many plants with him.
Well,that is the plan,but he's not flowering yet-probably won't start till mid July,at least...
What I'm going to do first is cut off a branch,and put it in a vase or something in with the girls
on 12/12 so it flowers-if that doesn't work,I'll have to cut him down,except for one lower branch,and just wait for nature to take it's course...
And I'm going to save the stalk for a pipe or 6

Any tutorials on this? My Lemon Og Candy I just harvested has a substantial stalk on her. Cool idea Emilya.

What I'm going to do first is cut off a branch,and put it in a vase or something in with the girls
I would hate to see you pollinate the entire neighborhood... you can still grow sensimilla in the same room and even on the same plant, while carefully "painting" the pollen onto selected buds. Each bud that you pollinate will produce 100 seeds or more.

I would hate to see you pollinate the entire neighborhood
I've pollinated single buds before,so I know about that-I just carefully roll the pollen on with a q-tip-that's where my bagseed 1 & 2 came from...
I don't need a pound of pollen,so his days are numbered-I'm going to try and get a single branch to start flowering before I "defoliate" him,though.

I've pollinated single buds before,so I know about that-I just carefully roll the pollen on with a q-tip-that's where my bagseed 1 & 2 came from...
I don't need a pound of pollen,so his days are numbered-I'm going to try and get a single branch to start flowering before I "defoliate" him,though.
Males don't flower the same as females. Instead of the flower being at the ends of the growth tips like in female plants, the male flowers cluster around the notch between branches. The little flowers show up very early and when they pop open, the pollen goes everywhere.

Males don't flower the same as females.
I was just going to post that I went out and had a close look at him,and while he's not "flowering" he's got little preflowers popping out everywhere-so,tomorrow morning I'm going to have to chop him (leaving a branch or 2)-I'd do it today,but I don't have time-I'll probably mist him down with the hose,to deactivate any pollen he may have dropped already-I don't see any open flowers,but he's pretty big to go over with a fine toothed comb...

I'm updating my journal,so it must be Monday...Happy Monday all!
Not much to show you this week,put them both on 12/12 13 days ago,they're
both 48 days old now,it's getting a little crowded in there...

Obviously the Peyote Critical (on the right) is liking the quadline training more than the Northern Lights...the NL is doing fine,but the PC is ,to borrow a term from @Ganjagrandaddy ,
going apeshit, budsite-wise....and they've both grown 5" in 6 days-they're only a foot tall now,which is great,but they're just getting started...

Hard to tell where one plant ends and the other one begins-

I'm going to train them to grow into a rectangle,instead of a square,which is what they want to do-I'm trying to sort of do it like @Old Salt advised a few posts back
to keep them in their 2 sq.ft. of space each...Got out the glue gun and some more bamboo skewers and made 2 trellis-like things for each one to keep them from getting wider -they seem to be working so far,but I'll need to make some taller ones in a week or so.
This is the Peyote Critical,pulled out of the box to show my fancy trellis work;)

The canopy is pretty even on both so far,so that's good-it means they'll both outgrow the box at the same time....:oops:

And my journal can't be complete without a pic of the big guy outside--5 foot nine now,
makin' me feel short (I'm 5'7")....I know I've got to do something about him pretty soon,
but not quite yet....

So that's it for this time,I'll be back here in a week.
My girls should have enough pistils to actually show up in a pic ,and they'll probably be at least 5 inches taller by then...

Thanks for stopping by..,I appreciate your support !

See you next Monday :peace:
So beautiful. The PC is really something else.

how much do you figure their going to stretch on you ?
That's hard to say at this point....my guess after looking at them
this morning is "too much"...;)

No,actually they've got about 10 inches to go before I need to
start with the supercropping - they're growing an inch per day now,so
it depends on how long they keep that up - today is day 14 since the flip to 12/12

Well,after some good advice from @Emilya today was the day that the male plant outside
went away (mostly...)
I noticed that he was loaded with preflowers yesterday,which are just as dangerous as
the "real" flowers,so most of him had to go...
Here's his final pic-5'10"and healthy af:

Here's why he had to go-there was at least a hundred of these from top to bottom

I relocated this guy to the lime tree next door:

And here's what I left-stripped all the preflowers off these branches so now I wait for real flowers to show up....may not take too long,he had a pretty stressful morning...:(
and from the amount of preflowers that showed up in the last week or so,the real ones can't be far behind..

You have my permission to use this pic as an example of how not to defoliate
a cannabis plant....;)

So after I got done I took a shower and changed my clothes,because some of the preflowers were open,or opening as I chopped him,and I didn't want my inside girls pollinated yet.

I want to save the stalk,so that's why I left him with that flagpole look...
The neighborhood is a little safer now-I'm going to pollinate a bud each on the Peyote Critical and Northern Lights,and some of those seeds will go in his spot outside....at least that's the plan right now...

Back
Top Bottom