Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thanks for the kind words, Candy! - and it's great to see you out and about again!

I should have posted a better pic earlier- They are actually for holding the branches down when they've grown out past the edge of the pot...here's a couple of pics to show what they do...I want the plant to be wider than the pot, so I have to hold them down past the edge.
From here on, I'm letting the branches grow upward, but they still have to be held down for awhile.
e1.jpg

e2.jpg
Hmmmm, maybe I will try this next grow.

Carcass you grow the most beautiful looking plants. Honestly you are a master.

Thanks for the kind words, Trala:love::thanks:

Hmmmm, maybe I will try this next grow.
They should work for you, as long as the plant is real short- I don't think they'll work very well if you try and use them on a taller plant- but if you plan on training your next plants like you did the Carlas, they should work like a charm!

Hi carcass! :passitleft:Looks like you have your hands full. I dunno what it is about these kids, they keep bringing over new clones all the time! They brought out two this year, Wyatt and Orion, we are so blessed!
Anyways, things are looking great over here. I'm gonna get my cataract fixed in my right eye today so wish me luck. Tired of the fuzz.
Smile and stay stoneder
Hope all went well with your surgery, @Fredwak (I'm just reading about it).

Hope all went well with your surgery, @Fredwak (I'm just reading about it).
Thanks G. It was weird! I was awake and watching from the inside! I can see without correction on my right eye now. I had to push the lens out of an old pair lol! Smile and stay stoneder

I've caught up again, Carcass. Nice read!

Your plants are lovely and your gadgetry is impressive!

The discussion you and Shed had about GeoFlora and whether it should be used as directed or used as a Veg/Bloom mix at some point, or supplemented with a K booster at some point set off alarm bells for me. It causes me concern about the alleged "simplicity" of the nutrient line, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

@InTheShed, are you going to raise this issue on the @GeoFlora Nutrients thread?

Sorry I’m late with my reply but thanks for the explanation of your bamboo & wire pushy-pulley things.
No such thing as "late" in here, BigD !
Hope all went well with your surgery, @Fredwak
I can see without correction on my right eye now.
Great news, Fred!
It causes me concern about the alleged "simplicity" of the nutrient line
You and me both, GDB- :straightface:

The discussion you and Shed had about GeoFlora and whether it should be used as directed or used as a Veg/Bloom mix at some point, or supplemented with a K booster at some point set off alarm bells for me. It causes me concern about the alleged "simplicity" of the nutrient line, which is what drew me to it in the first place.
@InTheShed, are you going to raise this issue on the GeoFlora Nutrients thread?
I'm not GDB. I don't think it would be helpful to start a discussion there about how they are using outdated NPK ratios. If I could barely convince them to change their chart to cups and grams (rather than ounces), I doubt they would be convinced to change their entire formulation.

It would also change the nature of the thread to a "which ratio is best" discussion rather than how to best use what they sell.

And if it turns out that we have more success with Veg and Terp, it's still a pretty simple system.

And if it turns out that we have more success with Veg and Terp
That's what I'm going to try with the next feeding- the early feeding of "Bloom" did nothing to slow the yellowing down on the Kalashnikov auto

I've got some GH Cal-Mag- 1-0-0, maybe I'll add a touch of that too- probably couldn't hurt..

I forgot I've got that coming...I know very little about adding nitrogen to my feeds- is 8 a lot?
What dilution do you recommend-?

The whole nute thing confuses me. Shouldn't whatever product line you're using be able to provide all the nutes your plant needs? That's what drew me to MegaCrop but it looks like I'll also be trying GeoFlora soon, too. I'm happy they have a thread here now. That should be extremely helpful.

Shouldn't whatever product line you're using be able to provide all the nutes your plant needs?
That's what I'm used to, I hoped GF would do that, but the jury's still out on that...

Back
Top Bottom