Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Happy Monday all-Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend!
Time for the ol' weekly update,so here goes...
Not a lot of action with the girls this week-they're both just quietly putting on weight-I think the PC is going to be done in 2 weeks or so-not putting out many pistils,but also not many cloudy trichomes yet,so I think I'm just waiting on them now....
The NL is still pumping out the pistils,so she's got quite a ways to go yet-she may have the box all to herself for her last couple of weeks:

Northern Lights on the left,Peyote Critical on the right:

Took them both out for a couple pics in normal light-the PC is a sticky girl-and her sticky stuff smells great....but Mrs.carcass just gave me the stinkeye when I asked her to smell my fingers...
(that's her usual response) she just doesn't get it....

Northern Lights isn't as sticky yet,but she's getting there

Here's a couple of silhouette shots,not really necessary,but I think they look cool...
shows off their quadline framework a bit...
NL:

And the PC:

And a little PC bud with lots of sugar:

NL with not as much sugar,but getting a little more every day:

That's about it for those girls,but now there's a third little lady that's going outside as soon as her second set of leaves come in-she was a free seed from @SeedsMan ...
Ms.Cheese,still in the seedling box:

It's actually a little late in the season to start something outside,but I've got that empty
spot where "the big guy" lived....He's history now,but (and it's a big but..;)) I actually got a clone to "take"-I snipped it off the big guy,dipped it in rooting powder,stuck it in some Black Magic in a solo cup,and left it alone for about 3 weeks,and this is it today:

I know a clone is no big deal to most of you,but this is the first one I've done that actually lived,
so I'm a little stoked....

That's just about it for today-that clone isn't going to be ready for either of my current plants,but I'll save some pollen for something in the future...possibly Ms. Cheese....

Thanks for looking,and Thanks for your support !
Hope to see you next week at apx. the same time...:peace:

P.S.
I went to the doctor this morning for my semi-annual check up..,apparently,I'm incredibly healthy....I think it's the cannabis that did that,because with my past,I really shouldn't be...;)

I like your PC quad better than mine. I left way too much lower growth
Thank you,Shed-I think I left more than I really should have,she's got quite a few "stringy" branches that came up from "down there"-but they've all got fat buds on them,and they're not in the way,so they get to stay...I've got my eye on 1 particular one for a "tester" though...
I'm not sure how they're doing as well as they are-there's almost no light getting to some of them...Translocation maybe? (if that's even the right word:))

Which one are you putting up for plant of the month?
Thanks,West-I hadn't even thought about it,but it would have to be the Peyote Critical-I've never grown one with that much frost...

Carcass - plants looking super healthy and dank AF. :passitleft:

Dry it out totally then powder it for rooting hormone or a soil additive mate.

Rooting hormones - Thats an excellent idea.

Some plants have more rooting hormones than others but this one sure looks like a good one.

For sure on the soil additive - I usually just let my roots decompose in the soil and pull the stem out. Takes about 2 weeks and there's nothing left but the stem and a small bit of root.

This just shows somewhere something enjoys living in a cardboard box! Cheers Mr. C, awesome growing!

LOL - remember Ray-Gun - lots of PEOPLE living in cardboard boxes down at the Federal building in Philly. Blocks and blocks of them. :Namaste:
Was a real sad state of affairs. The trickle down economy.

Build a home with love. Even if its a box.

Much much better to see a seedling starting it's life in one.

Thanks for sharing that pic - it made my day. :passitleft:

Thanks for the compliment,Bob!
I've got some soil "cooking" for my next grow,and there's a healthy helping of ground up root in there already,going to add a little more in a week or so...I've got plenty:)

Happy Monday all-Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend!
Time for the ol' weekly update,so here goes...
Not a lot of action with the girls this week-they're both just quietly putting on weight-I think the PC is going to be done in 2 weeks or so-not putting out many pistils,but also not many cloudy trichomes yet,so I think I'm just waiting on them now....
The NL is still pumping out the pistils,so she's got quite a ways to go yet-she may have the box all to herself for her last couple of weeks:

Northern Lights on the left,Peyote Critical on the right:

Took them both out for a couple pics in normal light-the PC is a sticky girl-and her sticky stuff smells great....but Mrs.carcass just gave me the stinkeye when I asked her to smell my fingers...
(that's her usual response) she just doesn't get it....

Northern Lights isn't as sticky yet,but she's getting there

Here's a couple of silhouette shots,not really necessary,but I think they look cool...
shows off their quadline framework a bit...
NL:

And the PC:

And a little PC bud with lots of sugar:

NL with not as much sugar,but getting a little more every day:

That's about it for those girls,but now there's a third little lady that's going outside as soon as her second set of leaves come in-she was a free seed from @SeedsMan ...
Ms.Cheese,still in the seedling box:

It's actually a little late in the season to start something outside,but I've got that empty
spot where "the big guy" lived....He's history now,but (and it's a big but..;)) I actually got a clone to "take"-I snipped it off the big guy,dipped it in rooting powder,stuck it in some Black Magic in a solo cup,and left it alone for about 3 weeks,and this is it today:

I know a clone is no big deal to most of you,but this is the first one I've done that actually lived,
so I'm a little stoked....

That's just about it for today-that clone isn't going to be ready for either of my current plants,but I'll save some pollen for something in the future...possibly Ms. Cheese....

Thanks for looking,and Thanks for your support !
Hope to see you next week at apx. the same time...:peace:

P.S.
I went to the doctor this morning for my semi-annual check up..,apparently,I'm incredibly healthy....I think it's the cannabis that did that,because with my past,I really shouldn't be...;)

Haha that’s funny! You’ll get her to smell one of these days!

Your PC is very impressive! As well as the NL! The pc is very frosty! Looks like it would knock you on your ass!!

What ever you do! Don’t stop taking those silhouette pictures! I absolutely love them!! I may have to try get a couple of those for my self. That’s not patent pending is it? :ciao::laughtwo:

Amazing job on the clone! I’ve yet to reach that accomplishment, then again I’ve never really tried lol.

Good to hear about your clean bill of health good sir!! Great news!! :high-five::woohoo:

:bravo::adore:

Buddie your plants look BEAUTIFUL , they have staked and shaped nicely especially for the small set up , stellar man. You should take some pics for bud if the month dude. There is such a nice stage right now. Hats off to you.
Good job on the first successful clone man , only way I know how to do it is because I used to clone roses for my mother back. In the day and it’s the same stuff diff pile. But I still do kill a batch here and there. Usually from lack of misting. Anyway been a while since I’ve had time to mingle , thought I’d say hey to my old pal cass . Have a good night my friend.

Don’t stop taking those silhouette pictures!
Thanks,BL-I like them too-they don't really show much detail,but I think budding cannabis just has a cool profile...
I'm going to sample the PC a little early-I don't usually do that,but I'm curious about her....

Hey Carcass! :yummy:
Those girls in flower are looking so good! Super frosty in there! :drool: Looks like the clone of the big boy is rooted and healthy :bravo:

Hey Carcass! :yummy:
Those girls in flower are looking so good! Super frosty in there! :drool: Looks like the clone of the big boy is rooted and healthy :bravo:
Ayup mate. where you been ? , still holidaying you jammy sod.lol have a green day fella

They look great. Good job filling the space whilst keeping them under control. Mine have taken on that almost rectangular shape too, just one of mine went mental in the stretch as you know. Ha ha. Yours look brilliant.

A little status report on Ms.Cheese-

She moved in to her new home yesterday evening,and this morning she's looking happy about it...Her soil,(which is mostly sand) has been fortified with a little Dr.Earth & perlite.
I hope she does as well as the former occupant of this spot-she won't get as big,but if she's as healthy as he was,I'll be happy...she's 8 days from sprout today...
So she'll be in the updates from now on-
See you again on Monday,Thanks for looking !

Good job filling the space
Thanks,Vet!-
Yeah,it really surprised me that they stopped stretching at just the right size-not at all how I thought it was going to go down...they're still slowly inching closer to the light,but at that rate,they'll both be harvested before they reach it...

Thanks,Vet!-
Yeah,it really surprised me that they stopped stretching at just the right size-not at all how I thought it was going to go down...they're still slowly inching closer to the light,but at that rate,they'll both be harvested before they reach it...
Got it just right by the looks of it. My Cream Mandarine has face planted the quantum board now. :laugh:

face planted the quantum board now.
Good thing you're using an LED-she would be a fire hazard if it was an hps or cmh...;)
But judging by your pics,she's loving it...it's going to be interesting to see how her buds grow in that situation...

Good thing you're using an LED-she would be a fire hazard if it was an hps or cmh...;)
But judging by your pics,she's loving it...it's going to be interesting to see how her buds grow in that situation...
Will be checking on them very soon. See what she's done in the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom