Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

WxTjTEo.jpg
A yummy platter of freshly bbq'd buffalo turds...that right there is making my mouth water...yum!

She's just a spirited little filly. :)
That she is, John-I can't help but be happy around her- Soooo many questions,though...
This morning we had a lengthy discussion about what bugs eat-she definitely takes a dim view of bugs that eat other bugs-she said they should just make friends,and learn to eat leaves like the "nice" bugs do...

That she is, John-I can't help but be happy around her- Soooo many questions,though...
This morning we had a lengthy discussion about what bugs eat-she definitely takes a dim view of bugs that eat other bugs-she said they should just make friends,and learn to eat leaves like the "nice" bugs do...

Nice bugs eat weeds, not my weed :cheesygrinsmiley: or other plants that I grow.

Never done a journal before,so bear with me....

So my budget when I started this was $150,and I used all but 20 cents of it:

Northern Light x Big Bud feminized seeds ...had 'em already
Low Ryder#2 auto seeds................................. "
Bagseed#3 seeds.............................................. " ( from bagseed#2,she was a beast)

Oneo LED grow light from the zon .......$100.00 (1000 watt claimed/200watts at the wall) (not blurple)
Home Depot 2'x2'x44" wardrobe box ... $18.00
1.5 cu.ft. Black Magic organic potting soil...$18.00
x4 reflective windshield shades................$4.00 (Dollar Tree)
x3 - 4" USB fans ............................................$6.00 ($2.00 each,99cent store (wtf?)
Mega Crop 750g free sample....................$3.80 (paid for shipping)

Total:...........................................................$149.80
I already had everything else-packing tape,material for drip tray,ph tester,etc

So here's a few pics of what's going on up till now:

The Box

The light

View from the top

So here's where it all started: (My custom seed warmer,which doubles as a stove)

1 Warmer.JPG

Only one popped,so the next step was:

2 2_1_19.JPG

Now here's where it gets interesting (to me,at least)-On Feb.1 ,I stuck 4 seeds in the ground outside my kitchen window just to see if they would pop in this cold,wet environment -the daytime temps were in the high 50's,nightime was low to high 30's, and it was raining,which it did for 20 of the 28 days in Feb.

So,I was a pleasantly surprised on the 11th when I found this going on:)ya gotta look close,there's 2 seedlings there-NlxBB on the left,Bagseed#3 on the right)

in the cold 21419.JPG

It took them 10 days,but they actually popped! (didn't really think they would)
Well,I couldn't just leave them there,so,after a day or 2, I brought them inside in solo cups and put them in "the box" with the Low Ryder#2,which got off to a very slow start:

4 2_18_19.JPG

A day after I brought them in,another Bagseed#3 popped...I left it outside to see what it would do, There will be more about that one a little later...

Fast forward to Feb 3 -topped NLx BB, fimmed Bagseed 3,and started LST on the Low Ryder#2:
3319Topped.JPG

Here's how they looked 2 days ago (15th):LoRyder on the left,NLxBB bottom right,
Bagseed3 top right.

31519.JPG

That Northern LightxBigBud is rapidly becoming a monster,and I'm rapidly finding out just how small a 4 sq. ft. growspace really is....

It's soon going to be like trying to stuff 2 pounds of $hit in a 1 pound bag,as my dear old Dad used to say....

So that's about it for now,except for that little plant outside under the kitchen window...
(I'm going to call it a she until she shows me otherwise)
How's she doing,you ask?

Here she is 10 minutes ago-growing a bit:) slower than her 2 indoor buddies,but still growing, despite nightime temps in the mid 30's to mid 40's-(she's a bagseed#3,btw...)

IMG_2441.JPG

The days are starting to finally get sunny,so she may surprise us all soon...

Well,that's about it for my first installment,but I'll be updating often...

I just wanted to add that I'm really liking that light-lo budget or not-it's surpassing my expectations so far...

@MrSauga -wanted to let you know, I finally got around to doing this:thumb:
Damn! Almost same setup I started with except I had CFL's instead of LED. Also same mistake if trying to squeeze 2 pounds of shit in a 1lb bag, lol love it sounds like the syuff my dad use to say. Miss that guy! I now have a lil bigger grow tent after I gave the 1st tent to my boy and I have 2 300W vipar spectra LED's. Hey man good job though I may need some pointers.

Yeah,that saying was a favorite of my dear ol' Dad too! (he had a shitload of 'em):)
Thanks for stopping by,@Blazing Rooster -If you ever do need any pointers,or just want to shoot the shit,stop on by anytime...
I also did a cardboard box/cfl grow a few years back-the setup I have now is fairly ghetto,but that one was "over the top" ghetto....but the plants didn't care,they grew fine anyway...

You guys amaze me. I just love reading about "budget" grows.

Carcass, you had incredible results ! :thumb:

Thanks,John- I appreciate the compliment!

Universal truth here. As much as we both love most aspects of being caretakers of the otterfarm, the stank gets to her some days. I usually can only tell if I go out and return to it.

I wonder if our clean clothes are picking it up ? :hmmmm:

Cannabis: what used to be stink,is now "essence";)

It's a real thing- (scent.net)
They say "It's a good gift for potheads"
Gotta kind of wonder what it smells like- is it skunky...is it pukey... is it cheesy?

It's a real thing- (scent.net)
They say "It's a good gift for potheads"
Gotta kind of wonder what it smells like- is it skunky...is it pukey... is it cheesy?
Straight up skunk. Lol.
Are you tired of not smelling like bloated roadkill? We can help!

I usually don't sample until jarred and cured,but the Peyote Critical has me curious-
so I picked off a little popcorn bud to sample tonight (it's not much,but it doesn't take much to get me where I want to be)
I clipped it to one of the fans in the box,so it should be dry enough to be tonights "nite cap"

So i'll post tomorrow whether it "works" or not...I think it might,quite a few trichomes there:)

I usually don't sample until jarred and cured,but the Peyote Critical has me curious-
so I picked off a little popcorn bud to sample tonight (it's not much,but it doesn't take much to get me where I want to be)
I clipped it to one of the fans in the box,so it should be dry enough to be tonights "nite cap"

So i'll post tomorrow whether it "works" or not...I think it might,quite a few trichomes there:)
Every harvest ever done has had a willing sacrificial nug for sampling. Once dried proper, it is better. Once cured a few weeks...becomes smoother, sweeter & more potent. 6 months +/- has reached it's full potential.
20161227_112356.jpg

Back
Top Bottom